fav movies

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: fav movies

Post by Yvonne on Tue 09 Mar 2010, 2:17 pm

I thought The Blind Side was absolutely fantastic and I would highly recommend it to everyone. I got taken to it by my friend. Best movie I have seen for quite some time and I wouldn't mind going again. I just chose it too, because I thought he would know who Sandra Bullock is and it turned out we made a great choice. Well that is what I think anyway. Good on Sandra too, for getting best actress at the Oscars.

Valentines Day was not bad, not memorable, but watchable.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne on Tue 09 Mar 2010, 2:19 pm

I don't know why but Taylor Swift just bugs me, she really does. It is good she is doing well in the music industry though.

Yvonne

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Thu 11 Mar 2010, 3:00 am

I had no idea who she was 'til the 'newsy' incident with Kanye West - I'm not into her 'music' at all. I notice her main following is tweeny girls.

She was funny in the movie though..

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownforumer on Mon 15 Mar 2010, 11:36 pm

T Swift was really good in valentines day. i luved her. although i may be a bit biased coz i am a massive fan...

i went to her concert. was amazing absolutly unforgettable!!!

I'm waiting for he last song to come out. saw the shorts for it before dear john. its looks good

unknownforumer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/grenfellchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Fri 19 Mar 2010, 1:33 am

Yes she was really good in the movie. She played her part with Taylor Lautner really well.

Going to see Avatar tomorrow.

Has anyone seen Sherlock Holmes? I love reading the books so I must get along and see that or is it on DVD already? I also love Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law.

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 21 Mar 2010, 4:38 pm

Has anyone seen Remember Me? and if so, was it any good?

I kind of want to see it, but I can't shake Robert Pattinson as being Edward Cullen lol.

I don't think I've been to the movies, since I went to see Bruno last year haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 2:02 am

I'm not surprised really Jodie, you're too busy getting along to every Carl gig to have time to see any movies. Rolling Eyes

I really enjoyed Avatar. Good guys, bad guys, escapism, awakenings, fit (if rather oddly coloured) sensual naked bodies, fantastic CGI and an ecological message and all in 3D!

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 4:30 pm

I have never seen any of the Twilight movies but I am kind of over Robert Pattinson,because there is a girl I know who just does not shut up about him, she goes on and on and on about him and Kirsten and its like there are no other actors in the world and frankly its very annoying, it just does not annoy me, it annoys others I know too. Its put me off seeing Remember Me. I don't doubt he is a good actor.

I am considering Dear John and The Last Song though.

Yvonne

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownforumer on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 10:23 pm

dear john is def worth considering. the book is really good.. (it made me cry but movie didnt)

Why is it that males (i.e Nicolas sparks) always write better love stories and screenplays than women?

unknownforumer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Wed 24 Mar 2010, 12:23 am

I don't want to see anything that makes me cry! I'm just useless at weepie movies it's soooo embarrassing !

I mean, I watched a movie with my kids about a loyal dog who waited for his owner everyday at the train station and when the owner died suddenly the dog would still go there everyday until he died and I was drenched in tears over this!

I watched Mao's Last Dancer on the weekend. The movie didn't touch enough on Li's struggling peasant family I thought, whereas the book really portrays the hardship they had to endure.

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne on Wed 07 Apr 2010, 5:10 pm

The Bounty Hunter was pretty good, I saw it over Easter. I like Gerry and Jen.

Yvonne

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownforumer on Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:37 pm

I went and watched Letters to Juliet On the weekend.
i thought it was one of the best movie this year. i luved! so cute and sweeet. also did help that the british guys had an awesome accent and was pretty good on the eyes as well. :)
storyline was unlike may of the usual loves stories today.
I was both crying and laughing so good.

unknownforumer

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:58 am

Haven't heard of 'Letters to Juliet', will have to check it out. I must crawl out from under my rock and pay attention to what's going on out there in the big wide world.

I saw Sherlock Holmes and loved it.

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:35 pm

I've recently read the book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", which, long story short, is about two men who get completely wrecked on drugs, and go to Las Vegas in search of the "Great American Dream". I read the book due to Shaun Diviney from Short Stack naming their 2nd album "This is Bat Country", a direct quote from the book - and the fact the album explores the theme of Shaun's ideal of the Great American Dream.

I by chance happened to catch the movie adaptation starring Johnny Depp on Foxtel the other night, and I have to say, it's probably one of the best movies based on a book I've seen for a while.

It's not a blockbuster, in the sense of Harry Potter or Twilight, but it sticks very true to the book, and was exactly as I had imagined the characters, and storyline to look like when reading the book.

It's not something that will appeal to everyones tastes, no doubt due to the touchy subjects explored, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top