Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four

+4
ambercat
monetgo
amanda-renee
Yvonne
8 posters

Go down

Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four Empty Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four

Post by Yvonne Thu 13 Dec 2007, 2:20 pm

Ok I will begin, I came late into watching Series one of Idol, but from when I began watching it was really just Shannon for me.
Series two is where I had the most faves I would say, they were Daniel B, Anthony, Hayley, Chanel and Courtney.
Series three- I was not really into it and was not very enamoured with anyone really, personally my only favorite would have been Dan England. I did watch the series, but not with much enthusiasm. That is the series that I personally found very boring to watch, but god knows I kept on watching- but complaining about them, not on forums or anything, just privately. I don't remember many of the contestants at all from that year.

Series four- mostly Damien, but I quite liked Jessica, didn't mind Dean- it was not really the final three I had in mind, except for Damien, actually I do not know who I really would have had for my final three, maybe it would have been them, but it was not really a standout final three, as in one I agreed with wholeheartedly,not like I did this year. Still I liked this series much more than series three.

And this series well I agreed with the final three and the only others I really would have had in my top five would have been Ben and Mark.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four Empty Re: Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2007, 2:39 pm

I don't know who was in which series, but my favourites have been:

From this year, I liked all the males, but especially Carl, Ben and Matt. I also really liked listening to Marty, there was just something so relaxing about his voice lol.

Then from previous years:

-Millsy
-Daniel Belle
-Dan England
-Lee Harding
-Dean Geyer
-Guy Sebastian

I kinda only REALLY watched the first year and this years Idol, but I did see alot of the first UK Pop Idol, and loved Will Young and Gareth Gates, and also Sam Nixon (Though I can't remember if he's from series 1 or 2)
I also really liked Kalan Porter from Canadian Idol.

Back to top Go down

Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four Empty Re: Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four

Post by Yvonne Thu 13 Dec 2007, 2:50 pm

You know which other idol I really did like was Constantine Maroulis from American Idol, but I cannot for the life of me remember which series he was from- maybe it was the one between Carrie and Bo.

Now American Idol is on pay tv and I miss it. Don't laugh, but I really like Simon Cowell as a judge.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 13 Dec 2007, 3:24 pm

i have only liked shannon noll, anthony callea, james kannis, ricky muskat and CARL RISELEY.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 13 Dec 2007, 7:10 pm

Shannon Noll, Guy Sebastian, Anthony Callea, Dan England, Damien Leith, Mark da Costa, Marty S. and CARL RISELEY!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 14 Dec 2007, 7:48 am

Mine are similar to some others here! Amanda was saying last night in the chat box how its strange that we all seemed to like the same Idols from previous years! Mine are Shannon, Guy, Anthony, James Kannis, Daniel Spillane, Dan England, Ricky Muscat, Ben, Matt, Nat and Marty.....but my most favourite of all and who I've just fallen in a big way for is Carl Riseley!!!!! He beats all the rest of them by a mile in my book!!! I love you

An my favourite series has been this one for sure...with last years coming second and the first one coming third. Off to work now!! See ya later!!! Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four Wave
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by kespax Fri 14 Dec 2007, 9:58 am

My faves - Bobby Flynn by a mile, Carl, Ben, Chanel, Damien

And i quite like, Dean, James K,Dan England,Guy, Jess, Matt.

Bobby Flynn - I know lots don't like him, and then others like me adore him. He is fantastic live, funny, self deprecating, soulful and so amazingly musical and intense. He's really sweet and friendly, chats, signs and gives good photos.

I think Carl has the most star quality of any contestant, probably Dean has IT too. On several forums where I chat, people who have seen this years idols live and weren't particularly a Carl fan, well they confirmed that Carl has that special something that none of the others could compete with, a star presence.

kespax

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Fri 14 Dec 2007, 11:37 am

On several forums where I chat, people who have seen this years idols live and weren't particularly a Carl fan, well they confirmed that Carl has that special something that none of the others could compete with, a star presence.

that's interesting, kespax. Can't wait to see Carl live myself ... I think it's going to be magic.

When idol started here in Oz, I never intended watching it because I thought from what I'd seen of American Idol it was a load of crap ... but I was flicking channels one night and happened across Shannon Noll singing a song (I think it was Better Man) and I was hooked from then on. I think you get a huge variety of songs on Australian Idol moreso than American Idol. I really enjoyed that first season ... Shannon was my favourite, but loved watching Guy, Paulini and a few othes as well.

Season 2 - Daniel Belle (I really wish we had somoeone with a voice like his every year) and Anthony Callea. I've enjoyed watching Chanel's videos again on the idol site ... she was a self-proclaimed misfit that year but wouldn't she be great now that Bobby has given the show a shakeup?!

Season 3 - couldn't really get into it. There was something really flat about the show that year. Dan England was the only standout for me.

Season 4 - Ricky Muscat ... I just adored his voice. I still listen to his idol songs nearly every day on my ipod. I really enjoyed last year ... Bobby was awesome - loved the anticipation of what he would do each week, Chris Murphy was a laugh and hugely entertaining (saw him two weeks ago singing with his wife Sherri. He is a very, very funny guy and absolutely gorgeous in real life), Dean was great for what he brought to the show etc etc.

Season 5 - I'm always on the lookout for the big entertainers ... I thought Mark was good this year and, of course, Carl who I think was one of the best entertainers we've ever had. In some respects, I think he brought as much to the show this year as Bobby did last year but he was more accessible than Bobby - if that makes any sense.

Of all the ones I've liked on the show, I love Carl, Shannon, Ricky and Chris the most now.
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Fri 14 Dec 2007, 12:14 pm

I am finding it hard to understand why a lot of people thought this year was flat, I was so mad that I couldn't see an episode with Carl in it- it was the Rock night, mind you, but I got to see it on the Idol site, a day or so later. I was somewhere that night of Idol, where they could care less about Idol- hmmm look who you missed out on this year- the wonderful Carl, still I guess if you don't like it, you don't like it, but it was bad having to go without seeing Carl on tv. I was interested as soon as I saw him audition and of course my interest never ever waned in any way. Guess what we were watching instead- hmmmm Sixty Minutes and some of Kath and Kim ( boy do I hate that show).

I pretty much had to see every ep last year too and definitely in season two, I never wanted to miss an ep. As I said I came in late on the first series, but the first person I saw performing was Shannon and well I was hooked. I see Shannon is heading off to the USA in January for dates in LA, NY and Las Vegas. Great stuff. I got an email about it all.

The only series that I didn't care if I watched it or not was Series 3, if I missed an ep here and there, it did not bother me at all, I caught up with Dan's performances via the idol site. I mean I suppose there were some good ones on there, they just didn't appeal to me enough to have to watch them week in and week out, which is why I am struggling to remember too many of them.

Did anyone here watch the X- Factor ever, that was pretty awful, I thought, I remember Jacob being on there too.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownforumer Tue 15 Jan 2008, 10:16 am

well

this year has been the big stand out for me!!
with Matt ben ANd CARL being my faves.
i liked Deano form last year and thought jes did some good songs..
there were other finaist from other season but don remember there names anymore coz they never did anything.....
but of course i will never forget carl. he's embedded in my memory

unknownforumer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.myspace.com/grenfellchick

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 15 Jan 2008, 11:35 pm

yep... from this series, I liked Carl, Ben, Matt, Natalie and Daniel most.... And Yvonne, no, I never watched X Factor...doesnt sound like I missed out on much then!! Your fave idols from all of the series- your top five, four Giggle And yeah! Shannon is doing great isnt he!!! I forgot to mention that I like him too!! ;)
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Mon 28 Jan 2008, 8:44 pm

Here are some of my Idol favourites:
Series 1: Guy. He has one of the great voices in this country at the moment. When he sang Over the Rainbow I was lost. Saw him recently at the OH doing some traditional/original songs and he was simply sensational. Can't believe the entertainer he is now...
Shannon: I was blown away by his very first audition - tears in my eyes. Hope he does well in the U.S.
Series 2 - Chanel - loved her to bits. Loved the coquettish manner - and her thinking outside the square. If it's natural, being different is so intriguing. Courtney Murphy - a lovely voice and seemed to be a great guy.
Series 3 - Oh. Was there a third series??
Series 4 - Loved Bobby Flynn - the best thing to happen to Idol in eons. Musically wonderful. And Chris Murphy - always made me smile!! Great rocker.
Series 5: Carl, who is developing the voice of an angel and who is such a natural entertainer. I can't wait for the album and hopefully the concert which follows!! Loved Matt - anyone who can sing Bedouin Song at the age of 16, and nail it, is a genius!!
Altogether Carl, Guy, Bobby and Chanel are my faves.
And Yvonne!! Constantine, on American Idol - hubba hubba!!! Bohemian Rhapsody and My Funny Valentine were outstanding, as were those dangerous eyes. And just because I LURVE Rufus Wainwright at the moment, you can YouTube HIS version of My Funny Valentine, for something very different... I love you
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kespax Tue 19 Feb 2008, 11:28 am

Bobby's album was released last week and is getting great reviews.

kespax

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Tue 19 Feb 2008, 12:48 pm

Didn't have a clue BF had released an album!! Well, Angeo actually mentioned it in one of her posts, I've sinced realised,but it seems to have whooshed in one ear and out the other, without a brain to save it... ah me...
So thrilled for him! :cheers:
And I'm not surprised it's getting excellent reviews, he's such a great musician...
Wonder if The Boy Had Trouble is on it? Guess I'll just have to go buy it and find out!!Very Happy Hope it sells plenty!
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 15 Mar 2008, 11:22 am

Bobby was with Andrew G during the top 40 last weekend ... he's releasing Under The Milky Way as a single - the rest of the album is made up of originals. Milky Way sounded great on the radio I love you
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum