Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Australia Gigs

+13
quat
Altair
Angeo
ambercatsmum
Boo
Treegirl
Admin
monetgo
Kris
snowysilverwolf
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
ambercat
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Empty Re: South Australia Gigs

Post by ambercat Wed 28 May 2008, 12:37 pm

Welcome to the forum quat!!! You're our hundredth member! and thanks for the news!!!!! waahoooo!!!! South Australia Gigs - Page 2 464738
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Wed 28 May 2008, 1:17 pm

deleted

Last edited by Boo on Thu 29 May 2008, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Boo
Boo

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by quat Wed 28 May 2008, 1:19 pm

thank you! im very excited!

quat

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Wed 28 May 2008, 5:19 pm

Have a wonderful night amby!! and ambysmum and all from Adelaide who are seeing Carl tonight!!
Hope he signs your CDs and gets to chat with you!! I love you I love you
And amby, if you see any jelly beans on his person - just go for them!!:lol:
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 28 May 2008, 5:49 pm

hey amby hope you have a truely excellent night tonight, no-one deserves to meet with carl more. it will surely be a night you will treasure forever.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 28 May 2008, 6:00 pm

Hi quat welcome dear, you just chosen a very good number there 100th WOW!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 29 May 2008, 1:48 am

Well, we just got back home from one of the best nights ever!!!!!!! ohmygosh...Carl was simply AWESOME on stage tonight!!!! He got a standing ovation at the end, then when they finished and went off, the crowd was making so much noise and refused to go home, so they came back on stage again, then they went off and again the crowd wouldnt budge and were going crazy so Carl came back out by himself for one last song!!!! Oh wow...honestly, you guys who have shows to look forward to REALLy have something to look forward to!!! Carl was witty, funny, chatty and just such a great showman...he had the audience in stitches of laughter all the way through!!!! And the SONGS!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless really as to how good he was... he had a couple of shaky starts and I'm sure he almost forgot the words for one song, but honestly he sounded so good and hit every note...even those really high ones in The Letter!!!!! There were some really funny moments...like his microphone stand that kept on sliding down....his trumpet got stuck in its base.... he made everything so much fun and it was such an amazing night!!! There is just too much to write down here as I'm sooooo tired,but soooo happy!!!!! And WE MET CARL!!!!!!!!!! It was only a short meeting as there were so many people queued up to meet him, but we made the most of it and as soon as Carl heard my name, he jumped out of his seat and gave me a huge hug and said Oh honey! It's so good to meet you!!! I was totally dumbstruck of course and forgot everything I meant to say to him and ask him...he must have thought I was a real dummy!!! I knew that would happen!!!! But he was sooo cute and told us how nervous he was for his very first show ever but we said he'd done a fantastic show and everyone else agreed around us!!! Oh he was so wonderful!!!!!!! I'm just going to post the pic of me, mum and Carl then head happily off to bed!! My other photos are lousy...the camera is no good in the dark!!! I will have a look at them tomorrow and post what I can, but they really are crap unfortunately... Sad Carl even came down into the crowd and got the drummers mum up to dance with him!!!! It was hilarious!!!!!!

And hey...I didnt meet up with anyone from the forum here!!! Where were you guys??? We were standing in the queue just near the ticket office (thats another nightmare story!!!! We were held up there while everyone else was going in, even tho we'd been in the queue for half an hour waiting!!!! grrrrrr...not happy jan!!!) But hey...I'm so sorry we missed you guys... I thought you'd be easy to spot snowy with your purple dress!!!! I forgot to say that I'd had my hair done and I've dark blonde...not blonde blonde any more...maybe you guys were looking for the two glamorous blondes I described us as before here!!! ;) anyway.... other than that it was such a super night!!! I'll write more tomorrow!! Looking forward to hearing about the other Adelaide fans thoughts here!!! And my mum was having soooo much fun as well!! She was singing along and clapping and having the best time!!!! she'll come on and tell you anyway!!! ok bed for me...I'm rambling so much...but heres our pic!!!!!

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Carlandus

Last edited by ambercat on Sun 01 Jun 2008, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Thu 29 May 2008, 3:31 am

OMG!!! wow, what a show- I second everything Amby said. Tho I spotted Snowy & we had a lovely chat while waiting to meet Carl. :)
My Mum loved it & says Carl is such a sweet boy and did really well for his first show.

I got there early (6:40pm) there were only 4 people waiting so Mum and I got a really good table at the front middle(right in front of Carl) Very Happy

When I got to Carl, I made mum go first...took her photo with him, then as I approached he said "Your name must begin with an R" ? yes my name is Rachael & I was wearing a "scrabble" tile necklace with my initials on it...and before I got a photo I told him mum & I voted for him alllll the way through idol & he was like "Oh come here" so I got a little hug. I am soooo happy-can't wait to see him again. :cheers:

Carl- don't ever change...proud of you sweetie I love you

Just going through my pics....I have 2 with you in them Amber...lol & I didn't even realise???
will post some pics when I'm not soooo tired.
Boo
Boo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 29 May 2008, 7:29 am

Oh gee!!!! Shocked We were over to the left of the stage at the front Boo!!!!!! I wish I'd known....I wish now we'd all organised to meet somewhere....next time for sure!!!! although we met and talked to some really lovely Carl fans while waiting in the queue to get in and while we were queuing up to meet Carl!! Where were you in the venue Snowy? We looked for a pregnant lady and purple dress but didn't see any!!!! Sad Oh I'm still over the moon from last night and even tho I only got about 3 hours sleep, I'm going to work one happy girl!!!!! I love you Be back tonight to talk some more about it!!!! Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Thu 29 May 2008, 7:31 am

So thrilled for you amby, mum and boo!! A night to cherish...
And Carl sounds like such a natural now!! Able to sing, play trumpet, be amusing, and keep his audience thrilled and entertained. Yay!!
And amby - "Oh honey! It's so good to meet you! " Your legs must've turned to mush!! :cheers:
I'm glad to know he recognises and appreciates his most ardent fans.
Absolutely love the pic. That's a blow-up framer for sure!!
Looking forward to more and from boo too!! (hehe) He's observant to notice the intial on your necklace, boo.
Can't wait to hear all the rest of the goss!!
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 29 May 2008, 7:35 am

So great guys i'm so happy you had a wonderful night, this is just quick as i'm heading for work now, i'll be back later and please more pics sounds like Carl really really had a good time with his gig as well good on you Carl now really looking forward to see him at The Troubadour. Thanks Ambs and Boo, see ya later.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by snowysilverwolf Thu 29 May 2008, 9:14 am

Morning all.

We were over in the booths against the wall by the toilets.
They had well padded comfy benches and the pregnant lady really enjoyed the comfort they gave her.

Amby...was it you and your mum who got up and danced over by the fire place?

Anyway...my lot all thoroughly enjoyed the night.
I really loved the way he teased us all at the opening song, by staying off-stage for the song's intro. Very cheeky!
And as much as I loved the songs he did from the album, I really loved the other songs he sang for us too. Especially 'Till There Was You', and 'On The Street Where You Live'.

As Boo said, I caught up with her [actually she came up to where we were sitting and asked me if we were on the forums] and then we caught up again in the line waiting for our chance to talk to Carl.
We actually didn't go down and line up until quite late...the pregnant one didn't much want to stand up for any length of time. So I guess that's why we missed you Amby.

We asked Carl if he would please make an effort to come back and play at the Gov again sometime soon, and naturally he said he'd love to!

All up it was an absolutely fabulous night!
Yes, it was clear that he was as nervous as h*ll, but he seemed to relax as the night went on.
He was suave, funny, and totally entertaining.
I loved his story about how he had planned that little speech to blackmail us into giving him a standing ovation! So funny! and totally unnecessary!!!

All I really have left to say on the matter is...Thanks to Carl and the band for a great show...and bring on his next gig at the Gov!!

Ecstatic cheering!!
Snowy.
snowysilverwolf
snowysilverwolf

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 29 May 2008, 10:17 am

wow, congrats amby and amby's mum you all look so happy.
so glad that carl jumped out of he's seat and gave you a big hug.
a priceless moment. good times good times.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Empty Pics from the Gov

Post by Boo Thu 29 May 2008, 1:31 pm

I have posted some photos from the gig on the appropriate threads but I'll put a few here
1) Me & Carl 2) Mum(Wendy) & Carl 3 & 4 when Carl & the drummer where off stage and Amber with her mum can be seen

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 CarlRiseleyattheGOV28-05-2008038-1
South Australia Gigs - Page 2 CarlRiseleyattheGOV28-05-2008037
South Australia Gigs - Page 2 CarlRiseleyattheGOV28-05-2008030
South Australia Gigs - Page 2 CarlRiseleyattheGOV28-05-2008031
Boo
Boo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 29 May 2008, 3:19 pm

god amby you were so close to him wern't you awesome seating, they were great photo's boo thanks for shareing them with us
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Thu 29 May 2008, 6:06 pm

Oh that's awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing guys!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 30 May 2008, 1:06 am

Hey Snowy!! Nah...that wasn't mum and me..I wish I was brave enough to stand up and dance around!! I'm a bit on the shy side, Embarassed so I didn't have the nerve to do that, even though I would have loved to!!! And yeah!!! I loved those non-album songs as well... Till there was You with just Carl and the guitar was so beautiful!!!! and I loved Moon River as well!!! Oh all the songs were just great!!! I wish I had written them all down but I forgot to!!!! I was enjoying the show too much to be rummaging around with pens and paper!!! He sang heaps off his album....I laughed when he said... I knew this girl from Wollongong, but they wrote a song about a girl from Ipanema!! One that I wished he'd sang was We've only Just Begun...but hey, I'm not complaining!!!! I loved all the songs he did for us

I forgot to mention that he sang Smooth Operator for me!!!!!!! Well, I think it was me!!!! lol! He didn't actually say my name, but I've been practically begging him to do that song (my favourite) on his website and then on the chat the other night, I asked him to.... And at the show he said..."This next song is a request from someone....." He looked around the room... "she's here somewhere....she knows who she is..." Oh wow.... I love you I was sooooo happy and mum kicked me in the leg and was laughing!!! ahahaa!!!

Hey Boo!!!! You got us!!! And mum took some pics and you and your mum are in ours!!!! lol!!!!! Here they are!! It was sooo funny when he started dancing with his drummer!!!! hahaha!!!! I'll post the others in the Pics from gigs forum along with yours!!! You took some super shots!!!! And I love your pics with you and your mum with Carl!! Anyway, here is Boo, Boos mum and Carl!!! Sorry about all the red eyes!!!

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Dancingdrummer

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Dancingmum1

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Dancingmum
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Fri 30 May 2008, 6:46 am

hahaha.....that's soooo funny. well we almost met
Boo
Boo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Fri 30 May 2008, 8:06 am

Hello all! With one foot out of the door and almost off to work, I thought I would quickly come online here and say how very much I enjoyed Carl's show on Wednesday night! As Kath said, after a few hiccoughs at the door, we managed to get in and found a great table right by the stage - two very generous people let us share theirs.
For Carl's very first show, this was a definite winner! Very Happy He had the audience in the palm of his hand and everyone adored him. He has the makings of a wonderful all round entertainer! I was very impressed with his singing and the band and the choice of his songs - I loved everything about it! And even though he said he was nervous, after about 5 or so minutes, he was right into it and so was everyone else! When we met him afterwards, he was such a gentleman and very kind and considerate to all who were waiting there, taking time with everyone and getting all the correct spellings of each name. I was sorry that I couldn't get a photo of Carl giving Kath a hug - but his assistant had our camera at the time and I wasn't quick enough to get it back from her!
What a shame though that we missed out on meeting you Snowysilvewolf and Boo, but next time I'm sure we'll all manage to get together and enjoy Carl together! All in all ten out of ten from me for Carl's show! :cheers: Very Happy I wish I could chat some more, but work awaits! Talk to you all later!
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by quat Fri 30 May 2008, 12:04 pm

IT WAS SUCH A GREAT SHOW!!!!!!! he is sucha sweety!!! I was so happy I got my album signed and wow! I love him! post more pics everyone (my cameras batteries died Sad

quat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 30 May 2008, 11:35 pm

I havent got any more pics quat Sad Waiting now for pics from some of his other shows.... I hope floss can get some from Melbourne...as far as I can tell, she's the only melbourne fan we have on here even tho he's sold out 3 shows there!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by snowysilverwolf Sat 31 May 2008, 9:00 am

Hi all.

Never fear...I will post my pics up as soon as I get them off the camera and work out how to upload them here!

Cheers,
Snowy.
snowysilverwolf
snowysilverwolf

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 31 May 2008, 12:08 pm

ooooh!! more pics!!!! Thanks snowy!! I was just going over to the Bennetts Lane thread to post this for floss, but I'll put it here as well.... Kris has posted very helpful instructions on how to upload pics here... go to this thread and scroll down a bit to find them...

https://carlriseley.forumotion.com/instructions-how-things-work-f17/photo-s-t52.htm?sid=76d2608774c80efe77f13c115d044a33

If you have any problems, pm Kris, amanda, goldie or me ok? Can't wait to see some more!!!!!! Very Happy

Oh and I meant to add in one of the threads before that when we got to the Gov and went up to the ticket box, there was a sign on the window 'SOLD OUT' so... so far, Carl has sold out all his gigs!! Adelaide and Melbourne!!! woohoo!!!! Just trying to open carlriseley.com.au and it won't work!! Frustrating cos I want to see if there are any posts about the Melbourne show from other fans on there...
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 31 May 2008, 12:26 pm

Ditto not working on mine either!
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 31 May 2008, 12:49 pm

Hey I just went into Carl's myspace page and I noticed the young guy from Australia's Got Talent- the 13 year old boy Jourdain, well he posted a msg for Carl. I am so glad they put that young lad through, I loved his version of "Tears In Heaven" last week, he made me cry.

I loved the reports everyone. Keep them coming.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun 01 Jun 2008, 6:34 am

Wow finally I get a chance to post on this thread....Aggghhhhhh!!! Finally!!!! You guys have met honey man in the flesh lol So happy for you guys!!! Happy to hear he sang Smooth Operator Amby...of course it was for you! ;)

It would be great to all meet up one day and go to a gig together. I think Carl would love that as well!! The pics are just gorgeous!!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Mon 02 Jun 2008, 3:01 pm

Thanks for the reports and photos everyone ... glad you had such a good time! :cheers:
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 2 Empty Adelaide gigs

Post by quat Tue 15 Jul 2008, 6:36 pm

Who's excited?
Carl is performing at 1pm at Westlakes on thursday the 17th of July!

quat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 15 Jul 2008, 8:57 pm

cheer snoopy banana dance Yep!!!! I'm excited!!!!!! Mum and me both have the day off and will be there!!! wooooohoooo!!!!!! banana dance banana2 banana2
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Wed 16 Jul 2008, 10:28 am

I'm so excited for you guys that get to go!! I can't wait to hear all about it- and if you have a spare minute, and get to meet Carl- please tell him to come to Perth, hehe. But only if you can!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next