Read any good books lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Read any good books lately?

Post by Yvonne on Mon 05 Jan 2009, 10:43 am

I bought Dawn French's book "Dear Fatty" the other day and so far I have found it very entertaining to read, I love her in the "Vicar of Dibley".

I have also read Scott Draper's book (former Aussie tennis player and now a pro golfer)- "Too Good".

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Read any good books lately?

Post by Guest on Mon 05 Jan 2009, 6:53 pm

i'm gonna say Twilight - typical teenage me.

I also read A Child called It series by David Pelzer.

Quite a depressing read, but also quite intriguing - he lived through so much and came out as the better person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo on Tue 06 Jan 2009, 11:53 am

I read Colleen McCullough The Independence of Miss Mary Bennett because I'm a Jane Austen fan - ugh what an insipid and ridiculous book! I don't recommend it. I should have remembered I hated Thorn Birds. McCullough is cashing in on the resurgence of popularity of Miss Austen and at $50 a book it's not just cashing in, it's highway robbery.

Just before going on holidays I started reading The Last Whale by Chris Pash about the campaign to end whaling in Australia but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the house since we got back scratch - have to see if my brother borrowed it.

I'd like to read Twilight because of the positive reviews I've read about it. The books and movie seem to have made an impact.

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair on Mon 26 Jan 2009, 11:51 pm

I just finished 'Monash - The Outsider Who Won A War' ... absolutely loved it. worship

I'm just about to start 'The Third Reich In Power' then 'The Third Reich At War'. Bit of light reading .... not No

I've looked at 'A Child Called It' many times, but I don't think I could cope with it.
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris on Wed 04 Feb 2009, 3:03 pm

Completely obsessed with Twilight at the moment. Finshed the books in 5 days and saw the movie....well I wont tell you how many time ;)

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top