Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW gigs

+10
wendyyriseley30
monetgo
migayesa
Yvonne
traxlmaz
Elise.
Admin
amanda-renee
ambercat
Kris
14 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NSW gigs - Page 4 Empty Re: NSW gigs

Post by amanda-renee Sun 24 May 2009, 11:48 am

great night found the place streight away, wasn't so streight forward going home though, ended up in the city as i forgot to take the liverpool exit to get back on the hume hyw so we ended up on the m5 on our way into the city haha but eventually we got home.

had a ball last night we got there rather early so we went upstairs and waited outside the showroom anyway they were doing their soundchecks inside and we were listening, jodie looked lovely in her dress however i think she forgot that she had a dress on a couple of times hehe ( when she was looking under the showroom door hehe)
anyway it was so funny as they were rehersing a new song called minnie the mermaid which is an interactive song which i all hope you get to see, but anyway as they were rehersing it and we had seen it the night before we were outside doing the actions and the call out and they were laughing inside the room at us.

finally doors opened and we went in, we were sitting at a pretty decent table not the best table though seeing as we bout our tix first but you get that, anyway we met michele and kazza and had a chat with them for a bit.

curtains up let the screaming match begin , me and kazza were both in fine form but managed to called the competition a draw.

although before aarons drum solo carl asked the crowd if we wanted to hear a drum solo and there wasn't much responce so i screamed out WE LOVE YOU AARON hehe so he felt a little happy with that.

bring on minnie the mermaid and bring on our bubbles hehe we were like little kids well some of us were my mum included hehe but we had fun with them.

the show was pretty much the same as the night before

at the end of the show we talked to ash for a bit and i got him to sign my ash lewis cd i own, and he loved he's bear that we gave him the night before he's even gonna make the bear he's default pic on facebook hehe.

went and got our signatures and photo's with carl and bloody ryan was trying to hurry us through agai yet we had been waiting for prob 40mins to see him in the line. ryan is such a sour puss don't like him much.

anyway great night and great gig, didn't like the venue as much as mounties but it was ok.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele 70 Wed 27 May 2009, 1:39 pm

Hi everyone Carl was just amazing on Saturday night ,it was great to meet the girls as well.As you all know i had my little girl Alana just a few hours after seeing Carl. Thankyou to Ashley for getting us up front to see Carl as I was in labour. Thankyou to Carl for letting us push in.Thankyou to my sis kazza your the best.Thanks to you all for your well wishes,I made it I saw Carl YAY.

Michele 70

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 27 May 2009, 4:41 pm

Jazz vibe intimate

• lifestyle

• Arts & Entertainment

20 May 09 @ 10:45am by Lauren Murada
NSW gigs - Page 4 D2a6aee0ada5460f9c28ce562764ad0d_resized

Carl Riseley will be at Rooty Hill RSL this Saturday.

WANT to get up close and personal with jazz musician Carl Riseley?
Well here’s your chance.
The singer and trumpeter is returning to Rooty Hill RSL this Saturday.
“It has a really nice intimate vibe and we’ll have some fun as well,” the 26-year-old said of the show.
Riseley is attempting to spread the word of jazz through his latest tour, believing it’s an art form not enough people know about.
“One of the really cool things about what I do, I’m trying to create awareness about jazz because I don’t want kids to miss out on hearing jazz,” he told the Mt Druitt-St Marys Standard.
“I love it when a little kid comes up to me (and we’re talking primary school children) saying that they listened to this jazz artist the other day and this year they’re learning an instrument.”
He’ll be performing songs from his second album, The Stillest Hour, which was released in April.
Riseley took big steps forward in releasing his second album, which went to number one on the ARIA Jazz and Blues chart.
“It’s different in two respects,” he says. “Where the first album was a big band swing album with 36 musicians in the band, this one is more intimate with fewer musicians and more serious.
“It’s more about me coming forward as an artist and vocalist.”
Riseley learnt trumpet from his dad and has been playing for “as long as I can remember”, he said.
Classically trained, he discovered jazz at school and has happily flown the flag since.
“There’s not enough 26-year-olds making love songs, it’s all ‘I love drugs, give me women’,” he said.
“Tenderly and When I Fall In Love are beautiful songs. Everyone says they’ve heard it a thousand times but they are classics.
“ What I really tried to do with the songs was record them like they had been given to me by the composer for the first time.”
Riseley was thrust into the spotlight as a finalist on Australian Idol in 2007.
His first album, The Rise, debuted at number five on the ARIA album charts when it was released last year.
Although this was the start of his public career, Riseley has made music since high school, playing solo gigs around Queensland before joining the Royal Australian Navy.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

NSW gigs - Page 4 Empty The Basement June 5th

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2009, 8:58 am

So last night was the Basement.

Carl didn't hit the stage till nearly 10pm I think...very late!!
And, no flash photography/video recording, so....NO PHOTOS Sad

Show was aweesome as usual - the crowd was absolutly AMAZING, really getting into Minnie the Mermaid and stuff.

We were sat up the back this time, which was good, but we were on stools, our poor poor backs!!! and I know Amanda wasn't feeling the best either Sad

The set list was quite similar to the others - except Arms of a Woman was back this time - YAY

Carl danced with Ash, best couple in the room according to Amanda haha

So anyways, we waited until the very end of the line to talk to Carl, he was quite tired, but was still absolutly lovely.
Highlight - him talking about me being in QLD and saying "Yeh, when we went to Cairns" I was really confused, and responded "um, when did we go to Cairns?" His response, "in my dreams". Amanda was in that dream too apparently hahahahah.

He said I took some great shots for Aaron at Noosa, and he's going to try to get me a copy of them - so heres hoping I can upload them here eventually.

Then we spoke to Ash for a bit, and Rachel, then left to come home :)

Thanks again for driving me home Amanda :) (I'm a tool and missed the last train - I didn't factor in how late the show would finish, I thought it started earlier)

Theres only the photos of me with Carl, so i'm gonna just stick them in here ;)

NSW gigs - Page 4 L_a5d154910a714153adaeae5fd7c166b6
NSW gigs - Page 4 L_b89f713aee9b41f28f158a5f98f59616
Something was amusing in that one....

And i have no idea whats up with my teeth being all messed up on one side haha

OH OH OH and I'm pretty sure I've broken/sprained/cracked my finger from clapping too hard, seriously, it started hurting REAL bad, and swelled up. I showed Carl, his response..."f*******************ck"
So i'ma get that looked at, then head to the Jazz and Blues festivcal today :)

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 06 Jun 2009, 9:58 am

yep the basement gig was awesome by far the best crowd participation iv'e seen for minnie the mermaid, everyone got into it.

ash and carl were definately the best couple in the room, although rhys wakefield ( lucas freom home and away) and he's squeeze were giving them a run for there money seriously GET A ROOM GUYS!!!!

after the gig in our usual form we got on the end of the line to talk to carl, and i got in trouble for giving him a half hug ( was nervous as rach was right behind us) so i gave him a big massive bear hug and he said thats better.
anyway gave him he's dvd of the mounties and rooty hill gigs and he noticed i had a ring on my engagement finger and he asked if i was engaged and my answer was nah it's kinda a promisary bullshit ring from the on again off again bf of 9 years + hehe, and he was like your not gonna meet any strapping young lads wearing that then are you? hehe ( i should have mentioned that for him i'd sladly break that promise but i don't think that would have been a good move. )
he proceeded to tell us about he's cairnes dreams really would like to know what happened in more detail LOL. if it's anything like my dreams who'd know hey ;)

anyway talked to ash for a bit and appologised for mangeling he's dvd case which i accidentally dropped and cracked and told him i owe him a new case at bennetts. he told us about how many sickies he's had from work lately and how they are getting pissed off with him hehe. ( we'd make a good pair i call in sick for carl gigs also hehe)

then we had a chat to rach as we were getting turfed out the dorr she said she had a great night and we will talk more down at melbourne. she's lovely.

took jodes home and finally got home myself at 2.45am woke up this morning with the biggest hangover and i didn't even drink WTF??? so tired hey.

over all great night and glad i9 lasted the whole night major headache and shoulder pains ahhhh!!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

NSW gigs - Page 4 Empty Darling Harbour Jazz and Blues Festival June 6th

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2009, 10:40 pm

I just got home from the jazz and blues Fest.

It was a gorgeous day, lots of sun, and people, and jazz - but as soon as the sunset, it got VERY VERY cold haha.

Carl performed on the aquashell, which is a stage on the harbour itself, it was rocking a bit, guess his sealegs got to make a bit of a comeback.

He performed a condensed version of his two sets - including Minnie The Mermaid.

The crowd didn't really get too into it tonight, but I suppose - there was a lot of people, not all there for Carl.

No photos AT ALL cos it was pretty rubbish, and a long way from the stage.

He did a signing, a few people lined up, I waited till last hahaa.

He poked my hands cos they were purple from the cold, and we just generally chatted in between him signing autographs for the last few stragglers.
Lots of tourists were getting photos of Carl, not WITH him, OF him hahah.

Some lady was hassling him, which left Carl looking a little bewildered, but he handled it well.

Big hugs goodbye, and i commented that he was really warm (he was, I didn't really want to let go, cos I was FREEZING), and he responded with "oh i'm smokiiiiiiiiin........and i'm hot too" Oh to be modest...

Said goodbye to Ashley and ryan, and left to come home :)

Can't wait till Wednesday.

I'm not going to know what to do with myself after next weekend

Back to top Go down

NSW gigs - Page 4 Empty Carl Riseley and Inaburra Big Band

Post by amanda-renee Tue 16 Jun 2009, 10:16 am

WAAHOO!!!! TOMORROW NIGHT I AM SEEING CARL AGAIN !!! AT SUTHERLAND COMMUNITY CENTER FOR A INSBURRA BIG BAND CARL RISELEY FUNDRAISER FOR THE SCHOOLS NZ TRIP. SO EXCITED SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT I AM SO SO SO HAPPY :)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 16 Jun 2009, 10:35 am

for anyone else thats interested in the sydney area here's the link

http://www.suthentcent.com.au/ssc/suthent.nsf/AllDocs/RWPF207AF4F807EC38BCA25759E0080E966?OpenDocument
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

tonight was great!
It was good to see carl doing some more jazz standards, like in the mood, mack the knife, l-o-v-e etc as well as his songs.
I had a hard time saying goodbye tonight. Im tired and emotional ha ha.
And now, im on a train by myself with 2 hours to go before im home.

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 17 Jun 2009, 11:51 pm

yes tonight was awesome and the kids in the school band rocked they were so good.
carl was great as usual and he got minnie the mermaid in there awesome
thanks to ryan to who was really awesome tonight and let me inside out of the cold while they were doing soundcheck.
great night
xxx

hope you get home safe jodes
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

NSW gigs - Page 4 Empty pitt st mall

Post by amanda-renee Tue 04 Aug 2009, 11:09 am

Give up cigarette’s for a song

• lifestyle

• Cumberland Courier

02 Aug 09 @ 04:25pm

Kate Ceberano and Carl Riseley will be taking to the streets on Tuesday to treat Sydneysiders to a free pop up performance as part of the Mini Concert Series.
Kate and Carl are just two of a number of Australian performers who will take to stages across the country as part of the concert series, with Diesel also set to play in Sydney in the coming weeks.
Kate and Carl will perform a free 60 minute set, in the Myer Food Court, Sydney Central Plaza, Pitt St Mall, Sydney, from 1pm on Tuesday, August 4.
Diesel will perform a free 50 minute set at the same time and place on Monday, August, 10.
The concerts aim to provide free lunchtime entertainment for passers by and an alternate moment of satisfaction for smokers by asking that they give up a cigarette for a song.
In providing a mini moment of musical pleasure, organisers hope to provide an alternate sense of satisfaction to smokers in place of their usual cigarette break.
Gather your workmates and friends together and head down during your lunch break to experience your free mini moment of music
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2009, 3:12 pm

after initially not thinking i would be able to go, i managed to duck out of work for 20 mins to go say hi.
I ran from work to pitt st mall, and was walking down the stairs when i saw carl.
I called out and said hi, and carl was like 'you made it!'
Said hi to ryan, who was setting up for carls performance.
Carl left the stage and came up the stairs to say hi and have a quick chat.
I couldn stay for long, so i missed the performance but it was good to see carl again however briefly.

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 09 Aug 2009, 3:51 pm

here is a news report about the adelaide gig last night

Kate Ceberano still a gem 25 years on

PATRICK McDONALD, ARTS WRITER

August 08, 2009 11:30pm

Kate Ceberano 25 Live Her Majesty's Theatre Saturday
Hard to believe it's been quarter of a century since a teenaged Kate Ceberano first astonished audiences with the range and maturity of her voice on TV's Search for a Star, then topped the charts with her funk-pop band I'm Talking.
It's harder still to even begin to canvas the breadth and diversity of the singer's achievements since then but that's exactly what her 25 Live tour manages to do.
Blending brilliant stage performance with amusing video montages, eye-catching lighting effects and personal annecdotes, it's a shameless celebration of the joy and beauty which is Ceberano's music and life.
From reprising her first jazz band the Hoagy Cats with Pennies from Heaven, through her sublimely soaring vocals on soul classics like You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman and the exquisite Love Don't Live Here Anymore, to hits from Jesus Christ Superstar and a cover of the ``soundtrack to our youth'', Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way complete with an extravagent guitar solo by her brother Phil Ceberano showed just why she has won so many hearts and and hits over the years.
In between, her own upbeat pop successes provided the night's party highlights: a triumphant Brave, the seductive reggae throb of Bedroom Eyes and the sassy, sexy dance grooves of Young Boys are my Weakness and Pash.
Special guest, Australian Idol alumnus Carl Riseley provided cool, muted trumpet solos on the jazzier numbers. Earlier, Riseley impressed with his own jazz band's cabaret-styled interpretations of everything from a slow and sultry rendition of The Letter to a George Benson-like version of LRB's Reminiscing and the Boz Scaggs classic Lido Shuffle.
You could barely recognise his take on the Beatle's Got to Get You into my Life, with its frantic runs on the double bass and Sinatra-style swing chorus, but it was a hugely successful experiment.
All the smooth-voiced Riseley has to do is work on some of his awkwardly lanky stage moves and that ill-fitting suit.
Returning with her most-requested hit See Right Through as an encore, Kate Ceberano proved her name is still a Holy Word in Australian music.
Just as she said when dusting off that old I'm Talking tune, the whole show was like trying on your favourite party frock 25 years later and finding it still fits.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 10 Aug 2009, 2:42 pm

Live review: Kate Ceberano, Her Majesty’s Theatre

STEVE EVANS
10/08/2009 12:59:00 PM
Kate Ceberano launched her new tour by mixing film clips and live performance in an intimate show that had a willing audience lapping up her reminiscences, along with a few homilies. Covering 25 years of this dynamic singer’s career, the program confirms her place as a premier interpreter and creator of music in Australia.
Carl Riseley and band offered a lively but unchallenging batch of swing-orientated tunes as supporting act, but the fun and funk quotients were truly ramped up when Ceberano and Co took the stage. With a large background screen intermittently delivering clips of past songs, the show sometimes seemed like a home movie night suddenly interrupted by a live performance. As interesting as the flicks could be, it was the here and now Ceberano that meant more – and what a catalogue of hits!
Every song was made fresh, evident from the opening snippet of “Pennies From Heaven” to “(You Made Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”, to a scintillating “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore”. Ceberano’s vitality and ability to exploit every nuance of a song enabled her to energise an array of songs. “Bedroom Eyes” was particularly satisfying, and the list extended to the latest successes.
Self-proclaimed curvy girl and appreciator of all things beautiful, Ceberano sang and danced her way through a set that embraced an engaging pair of Jesus Christ Superstar tracks as well as “Brave” and “Pash”. All had the house rocking, and her band weren’t half bad either, with brother Phil Ceberano showing restraint and flash on guitar just when each was needed.
The blending of film clips and live performance needs some adjustment but there is no doubt that Kate Ceberano is a major talent with wide appeal. Her claim to celebrate a great career with this retrospective show is beyond question, and she seems a nice girl to boot. Definitely one to catch
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 16 Aug 2009, 1:22 pm

well i wish i could say that the Canberra trip to see Carl was worth it but i think both me and jodes would agree that we left last nights concert feeling a little angry, depressed and extreamly upset.

we got there and once again were the first ones to line up however seats were pre allocated so we were about 7 rows back very very left of stage in the left of stage side aisle to be exact.

carl came on as as always was fantastic really got into it and was so excited and not to mention LOUD!!! the crowd were semi getting into it but there was quite a few fuddy duddys that were sitting there unmoved by he's performance. they didn't really get into minnie the mermaid either hich kinda made me a bit annoyed seriously who's it gonna kill to make a dick out of yourself for 5 mins.

anyway then he finished and there was intermission

then kate come out and she was ok but i know i wouldn't pay to see her on her own. carl came out to play trumpet for 2 of her songs which semi revived me a bit as i was drifting off a bit.

anyway end of gig and we go up the back to where it said they will be signing after the show but only kate come out WHAT THE? WHERE'S CARL?
apparently he signed during the intermission after he's set grrrr would have been nice to be told. ryan and carl knew we were there as they seen us as we were coming in to watch the show, i thought it would have been obvious that if carl was signing and we wern't in the line it meant we didn't know he was doing it in the intermission would have been nice for ryan or someone to ccome and get us especially knowing we travelled some distance purely to see Carl.

all in all we paid $49 a ticket for a gig we never would have went to had carl not have been playing at in an entirely different state just to be majorly let down and disapointed.
not to mention the fact me and jodes are already spewing about RCM giving away tickets for the gigs to people who wouldn't have even thought of going had they have to pay for it themselves

GRRRRRR!!!!!! not happy at all. sorry to put a damperner in the forum reguarding a carl gig but this has definately been my worst gig experience ever. Sad angry blackcloud frantic cryer censored banghead NSW gigs - Page 4 140443
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2009, 7:51 am

Hahah Angeo, I ran into Carl on the way to the toilets.

He was standing in the corridor eating, it was awkward.

I honestly don't know what happened.

Some guy did say something into a mike after Carls set, but the only words we could hear were CARL and KATE and that was it.

Oh well, Sydney on Friday I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 17 Aug 2009, 6:40 pm

Jodie May wrote:Hahah Angeo, I ran into Carl on the way to the toilets.

He was standing in the corridor eating, it was awkward.

I honestly don't know what happened.

Some guy did say something into a mike after Carls set, but the only words we could hear were CARL and KATE and that was it.

Oh well, Sydney on Friday I guess.

HAha - an awkward encounter with Carl - well it's better than nuthin'! Did he speak to you?

Yes you'll know better next time. Have fun!
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2009, 8:43 pm

Hahahah he was eating.

I was like "STOP EATING IN THE CORRIDORS"

and he was like "Ohhhhh is this where the toilets are?????"

Nothin like Carl knowing where you're headed haha

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 18 Aug 2009, 2:52 pm

Kate on song for milestone

• competitions

• Latest Competitions

18 Aug 09 @ 08:30am
NSW gigs - Page 4 E4e567aeced9a57ae35be4f08b34120a_resized

SINGER Kate Ceberano is celebrating 25 years in the music industry with a 25 LIVE TOUR across Australia in August and September. Ceberano is taking her show to Adelaide, Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Tweed Heads, with guest Carl Riseley, a former Australian Idol contestant. Whether it is her soulful voice, her charismatic nature or exotic looks, Ceberano has become an Australian icon. She has sold more than 1 million albums in Australia alone.
Her latest, Bittersweet is currently available through Universal Music Australia and features Grammy Award winner Mark Isham. The album is a collection of their favourite ``broken-hearted love songs” from the 30s, 40s and 50s. The Brisbane concert will be held at QPAC Concert Hall on September 3. Obtain tickets through Qtix on 136246.
Quest Newspapers has 68 double passes to Kate Ceberano at QPAC to give away. Each is valued at $120. Enter below
Entries close at 9am on August 25. Winners will be drawn at 10am and notified by mail. Results will be published the following week.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2009, 9:35 am

Last night was alot better than Canberra - Ashley was there. I got a little excited haha.

THey played a different set last night - it just seemed to flow better than Canberra.

Went and spoke to Carl during intermission, he decided I looked "Crackin" and Amanda looked "stunning"

Couldn't talk for long, because he was quite the popular gentleman there at the signing table.

Both Carl and Ash came on to play Pash, and then we caught them dancing Side of stage during the last Kate song - they can't dance hahaha.

Anywyas, photo.

NSW gigs - Page 4 L_3ab9613a70a443c0a64b44d18fccfc23
ignore me, my hair had a mind of its own lol

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 22 Aug 2009, 11:04 am

hey guys,

last nights show was AMAZING i had a ball and i think it helped as the people behind us and beside us had a definate passion for kate cerbrano and cause they were getting into it i was also.
but my screams for carl lets theirs for kate for dead. hehe

mum was upstairs sitting with shaun tatnell carls other best friend and she was also a couple of seats away from rach's parents.

anyway mum said that her daughter amanda and friend jodie were front row to shaun and he replied öh amanda-renee? hehe and she's like yeah thats her and he said he's heard all about me, don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing? but at least at means they all talk about us fans and the shows etc.

so glad to get to see Carl no matter how short it was, not sure when the next time i will see him will be :-(

great night
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 23 Aug 2009, 4:14 am

this was printed in today's sunday telegraph

Something from Kate
DIVINE chanteuse Kate Ceberano was singing the praises of former Idol trumpeter Carl Riseley last week. ``I really think he's got the talent to have a career like John Farnham's,'' Ceberano told us sincerely.
"He's so, so talented, great looking and such a nice guy.''
While Ceberano said she would have happily considered joining the Idol judging panel - as rumoured in certain other columns - she stated she wasn't approached for the gig.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2009, 10:24 am

Sitting in a net cafe in Tweed Heads shopping centre, just thought I'd drop in and write up abotu this weekend because I have 3 hours to kill before my flight, because Virgin Blue aren't real willing to assist poor little sick me onto an earlier flight.

So first off, the weather up here this weekend has been amazing, and has ended up with poor little sunburnt me looking a bit like a lobster. WOO.

So, last night was the last night of Kate's tour, as Twin Towns on the NSW/QLD border.

I was a bit suspicious when I walked through my hotel reception to see a pile of musical instruments sat there during the day yesterday, and thought there was a slight possibility that Carl and the band were perhaps staying in the same hotel (It was the accomodatin attached to the Club, so it made sense.)

I was front row for the show, with my knees very nearly touching the stage. The girls next to me provided the screams as I had very little to no voice.
Carl looked very dapper in a suit which turned out to be his dads, he lost his somewhere. How you lose a suit is a bit beyond me haha.

Ashley and Alex were in the band - and the performance was great as per normal. The guy who taught Carl Minnie The Mermaid was in the crowd and everybody got right into it.

Highlight was when Carl was dancing through the crowd he asked a gentleman to hold his microphone for him, the gentleman began singing along for Carl. It was hilarious.

I escaped dancing because I was far too close to the stage, yet, as Carl was walking back to the stage, he spotted me, and the empty seat next to me. He came and sat down and kept singing the "Take my choppppssss" bit up into the next chorus, to me, which was a bit different as he normally sings it to Ashley. If I wasn't lobster coloured before that I certainly was after, not real keen of spotlights hahaha.
Carl nearly kicked me in the face as he jumped back on stage, but I escaped unscathed.

During intermission I went out to say hello, there was quite a few friends of Carls hanging around, so I said hi, he asked what I was doing on the coast, I said getting sunburnt but not going out in the sun cos I was sick.

He did mention that he was starting to plan his next tour. I didn't get photos/stick around for logn cos I felt/looked awful so I retired to my hotel room without watching Kate.

This morning, I went downstairs to make a dash to 7/11 to get Vitamin Water (Seriously, I'm addicted!!!!) and there was a hire van in the driveway with a double bass in it. My brains suggested Carl was staying there all along.

Later on when I went to check out, and was waiting for a taxi, I spotted Ryan and Sound guy. Then I spotted Carl. He enquired as to how I was feeling, and said that he was going "Beer-boting" today. He seemed very excited of the prospect haha.

I waited around outside for a bit with Carl and Alex, then my taxi arrived so I said my goodbyes and went to the airport now here I am after finding out I can't change my flights.

So thats about it.

Theres people behind me staring at me Neutral

If I remember more I'll post it later Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2009, 10:34 am

I forgot to add,

This morning when I was walking through the hotel, and old couple stoped me and the lady said "Excuse me, were the girl that young chap was singing to last night?" I replied with a cautious yes, a bit weirded out with how she recognised me by the back of my head and she exlaimed "aww how lovely! You two were adorable!!""

Haha it made me smile Very Happy

Anyways that last post was HEAPPPPPS long hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:15 pm

Thredbo Jazz Festival

• Music
  • Jazz

When:
30 April to 03 May 2010
1:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Where:
Various venues
. , Thredbo Village, NSW
Org: Thredbo Chamber of Commerce
Tel: 02 6457 6882
Email: jen@thredbochamber.com.au
Web: thredbojazz.com.au

Skip to Map
Cost:
Early Bird Weekend Festival Passes $125 Adult Weekend Festival Pass $140 Children 1/2 Price
Performers:
Carl Riseley (Performer), John Morrison (Jazz musician), Armondo Hurley (Performer)

Thredbo Chamber of Commerce is the organiser and promoter of the annual Thredbo Jazz Festival and Thredbo Blues Festivals. 2010 is our 23rd year for the Jazz Festival.
Come and enjoy a 3 day musical journey in the heart of Thredbo with over 20 bands in 16 venues. Line up to be released shortly
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:17 pm

Hey Amanda, you keen for it?

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:24 pm

hey jodes very keen just sent an email

hey jen,
my name is amanda-renee shepherd and i am a massive fan of Carl Riseley and also the moderator of he's fan forum www.carlriseley.forumotion.com , i was just wondering if there is any more in depth details you can give me about Carl performing for your thredbo jazz festival eg- what day he is actually performing, what venue, cost for he's set of shows , how long he will be performing for etc so i can let my forum members know as no doubt there will be a few of us interested in attending to see Carl again.
would love to hear back from you reguarding this as we are very excited at the forum about this event.
thanks again
amanda-renee shepherd

sheppo287@hotmail.com

so when i hear back details i will let you know but yes i am defo keen for it.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 18 Feb 2010, 1:19 am

You're kidding. I'll be in Sydney probably early April. Wrong time again cryer
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 18 Feb 2010, 3:35 pm

oh angeo when will you ever get it right dear,

anyway this is the email i got returned today from the thredbo chamber of commerce.
Hi Amanda
We are currently working on our Jazz Festival Program. I can tell you that Carl will be playing on Saturday 1st May and Sunday 2nd May. I am not sure what venue yet. The tickets to our jazz festival are $140 which covers 3 days of music and chairlift access. Our website will be updated shortly so visit thredbojazz.com.au for more info.
Kind regards
Jen
Tourism Thredbo
The Thredbo Chamber of Commerce.
PO Box 132, Thredbo NSW, 2625
Ph. 02 6457 6882
Fx. 02 6457 6970
admin@thredbochamber.com.au
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2010, 5:27 pm

I'm definitely keen for it Amanda!! I just need to see whether I can get the Monday off work...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next