Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE STILLEST HOUR

+4
amanda-renee
kursaal60
Yvonne
Kris
8 posters

Go down

THE STILLEST HOUR Empty THE STILLEST HOUR

Post by Kris Sat 25 Apr 2009, 7:09 am

I couldn't sleep this morning...it's quiet, I'm sitting here by myself, hot cuppa - couldn't think of a better time to listen to The Stillest Hour for the 4th time I think, and write a review. Such a romantic album...

TENDERLY - There's something about this song I adore...the lyrics? The soft music? Gorgeous low tones? I'm a sucker for sweet, slow music and this song is just beautiful. When I first listened to it, I instantly pictured myself sitting in a dark venue with candles, swaying in my chair. Amazing...

THE STILLEST HOUR - I could sing along to this song for hours. Not to slow but there's a slight bop to it somehow. The woo hoo's at the end...I absolutely love that. Definitely the best choice for first single.

WHEN I FALL IN LOVE - When I listen to When I Fall in Love, I get that real 'jazzy' vibe with this one, especially during the trumpet solo and the piano. Gorgeous lyrics. This kind of slow song really catches the vibe of the entire album.

COME AWAY WITH ME - Oh I'll come away with you Carl naughty hehe The instrumentals in this song are so lovely. Then Carl starts to sing again and you just melt! Once again - beautiful.

NEVER GIVE UP - Another song you can easily sing along to. The lyrics are perfect. With songs as amazing as these, how could we ever give up on Carl?! hearts

MY FUNNY VALENTINE - Ahhh the wait is over...the song I've been waiting (not so patiently) for! Sounds just as beautiful recorded as it does live. This song always makes me feel sleepy - but in the perfect way! giggle Slow music, soft trumpet, gorgeous low tones... cloud9 This one is fighting for 'favourite song on the album' Carl always makes me smile when he sings this song...

ARMS OF A WOMAN - I tend to think of Carl under the spotlight during this song, sitting on a stool next to a piano... mmm

THE WAY YOU ARE TONIGHT - So many slow, soft songs but all unique in their own way. You can really see how far Carl's voice has come. He holds those notes beautifully...

DON'T LET ME BE LONELY TONIGHT - I'd like to see Carl do this song as a duet. Not sure who - I'm working on that naughty

MAGNOLIA - Why does it have to end here?! A perfect song to complete the album. I'm loving the instrumentals....

THE STILLEST HOUR REPRISE - The perfect touch cloud9

Last edited by Kris on Sat 25 Apr 2009, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

THE STILLEST HOUR Empty Re: THE STILLEST HOUR

Post by Kris Sat 25 Apr 2009, 7:17 am

Once again I am absolutely stunned, amazed, gob smacked!! hehe

The Stillest Hour - A beautiful piece of work. A lot of time, energy and heart put into this. I'm sure you got the result you were longing for Carl. This is sensational.

It's so hard to pick a favourite album...The Stillest Hour or The Rise? Two completely different albums...I'm a sucker for romance and slow ballads so I might have to go with The Stillest Hour. But it's so hard to say 'favourite'. The Rise still holds a special place as it was Carl's first masterpiece star
It just goes to show that Carl will produce wonderful music time and time again. You're truly amazing.

Thank you for such an engaging and intimate album Very Happy
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 25 Apr 2009, 3:03 pm

I am naughty but good if that makes any sense. I received a Sanity gift card already for my birthday, which of course is already spent. No need to guess on what.

I will be back to tell you all what I think. Plus I will be there at Highpoint Borders on May 2 at 1.30pm.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by kursaal60 Sat 25 Apr 2009, 4:00 pm

I got the album yesterday and couldn't wait to get home to play it.

I'm certainly not disappointed. It's a beautiful album full of beautiful songs sung beautifully.

Hard to pick favourites although the title track does stand out. That song is probably the best thing that Carl has done and deserves to become a classic.

I like that Carl has chosen mostly songs that are not obvious choices. I love Magnolia and Arms Of A Woman, both songs that I hadn't heard before.

Carl's trumpet playing is quite sublime on this album and it often gives me the shivers. trumpet

Carl's voice is stronger and more in control on this album. He obviously continues to grow and develop, something that set him apart on Australian Idol. I think this is his best album yet.

kursaal60

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 25 Apr 2009, 6:18 pm

haha so when i heard carl's version of in the arm's of a woman i kept feeling like it had a country type of feel to it IMO anyway for some strange and unknown reason i kept getting visions of robin hood the walt diney cartoon and couldn't work out why until i found the the song not in nottingham has the same country type feel to it.

similar but very different but even relistening to arms of a woman after hearing not in nottingham i still find it to remind me of robin hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXM3Zg0eBo

what do you think or am i tripping?
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sat 25 Apr 2009, 6:28 pm

Hey Guys- Just got back from Sydney and asked mum to buy me carl's album for when i get back and guess what....she didn't because all the shops were closed, grrrrr. So now I have to wait until tomorrow/monday to listen to it and I was sooooooo excited. I can't wait to hear it. Is it Amazing????
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Sat 25 Apr 2009, 6:39 pm

yes it is.
it is so amazing.
I love it
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 25 Apr 2009, 10:38 pm

Got my album last night after work and had to go out and have only just got back home tonight so couldnt post anything about it!!! But oh I love it soooooo much!!!!!!!!!! cloud9 It's everything I've ever wanted from Carl and more...it seems as if he's just singing the songs to me (I wish!!!!!)..it's such a personal album with a totally different feel to The Rise... His voice just makes me feel like closing my eyes and going off into a dreamlike state...it's just heavenly!!! I think my favs are Come Away with Me... oh I just love this one so much!!! *sigh* hearts lovestruck hearts That is my absolute fav on the album. then Stillest Hour, Arms of a Woman and Never Give Up and all the others coming in at a close second!!!! It's just a beautiful album... although I was a bit upset when I went to buy it yesterday...they didn't even have it out on the shelf anywhere and she had to hunt around for it out the back!!!! Hopefully it'll be put out this week.... It had better be!!!!! blackcloud
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 26 Apr 2009, 1:04 am

This is nice having these dedicated topics for album reviews. Good idea Kris. However, I'm not ready to post my opinions yet. Reserving them until I get a good opportunity to listen in splendid isolation. Could be few days ...
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2009, 6:05 pm

I have to say - I'm enjoying this album more than The Rise - not that I didn't love that of course.

I'm a sucker for jazz music played by small bands not so focused on big brass sections, just the guitar, piano, drums (and trumpet!!)

The album is quite soothing, and I am most impressed with how far Carl's vocal ability has come!

Favourites at this stage are Tenderly, My Funny Valentine and Arms Of A Woman.

Fair to say it's gonna get a pretty good thrashing on my iPod.

The above makes me sound like a complete goose - but there you go lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun 26 Apr 2009, 7:34 pm

Haha well said Jodes, completely agree! Carl asked me today which album I liked better, and I said The Stillest Hour. I adore The Rise but the new one has a completely different feel.
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Sun 26 Apr 2009, 8:44 pm

it has a romantic feel thats why
i am a sucker for romance.
:)
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun 26 Apr 2009, 8:49 pm

Ohhhh yes me too
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Sun 26 Apr 2009, 9:00 pm

haha lol
i hope he comes to wollongong
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 27 Apr 2009, 7:48 am

Yeah, Amanda and I have been bugging Carl about that since Idol days! The best he gave us was Bulli. Still pestering him ;)
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Mon 27 Apr 2009, 3:43 pm

lol
i live in dapto but i will travel like 15-20 minutes to see him at wollongong
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Mon 27 Apr 2009, 4:34 pm

Just listening to the album now... LOVE IT!!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 27 Apr 2009, 5:19 pm

carl_is_my_man wrote:lol
i live in dapto but i will travel like 15-20 minutes to see him at wollongong

Same here. More convenient than traveling to Sydney
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Mon 27 Apr 2009, 6:56 pm

yer definitely Kris
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Mon 04 May 2009, 4:38 pm

The album is gorgeous, I told Carl on Saturday afternoon at Borders Highpoint- that I love his music so much. I also told him that it was my birthday the Wednesday before and could he sign it Happy Birthday as it was a birthday pressie- courtesy of a Sanity gift card. He also shook my hand, he is so adorable and lovely. To tell the honest truth, this music is reminding me of my lovely gorgeous friend- not just how attentive and gorgeous he is towards me, but also to do with the tough time he has endured recently in losing his mother so very suddenly at such a young age. Both Ronan's and Carl's album's remind me of these things- in different ways I guess, but the sentiments are all there, just the same. They are very romantic, sentimental, even sensual types of albums. I know both are aimed at the mum market- my mum actually remarked how much more controlled and sensual is Carl's voice now. She likes this album a lot and she thinks this will be the one to truly mark him as an artist.

Could have done with more people turning up though to the instore, instead of those who just looked and walked out of store.

My fave songs by the way are Come Away With Me, Arms of A Woman and Stillest Hour. Not that I don't love everything else, because I do.

By the way I am not comparing Ronan's album with Carl's as they are completely different artists- I am just remarking on what I can hear and feel upon listening to all the songs on both cds.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 06 May 2009, 5:13 pm

*38-NEW38THE STILLEST HOUR Bullet_redTHE STILLEST HOURCarl RiseleyMER/UMA

the stillest hour debuts at 38 but has a bullet next to it so they must be expecting big things from Carl. waahoo!!! well done babe.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed 06 May 2009, 6:57 pm

That's fantastic!! Congrats Carl!! xx
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 10 May 2009, 7:57 pm

check this link out it's an undercover interveiw with carl.
i'm especially loving the part in the 2nd part of the interveiw where he says how the song the way you are tonight he's interpretation is when he looks in the crowd behind a fence or something and connects eyes with someone and then afterwards they come up and it's all lovey etc. ( i think Carl has a closet crush on some of us fans) that's my interpritation of what he's saying anyway. let me know what you guys think.

http://www.undercover.com.au/Video.aspx?channel=Music+Interviews&clipId=963167
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 11 May 2009, 4:25 pm

carl has this week gone up the aria charts to 21 with a bullet, 1 behind jessica malboy but 1 position ahead of wes carr hooray!!!

2138221THE STILLEST HOUR Bullet_redTHE STILLEST HOURCarl RiseleyMER/UMA
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Mon 11 May 2009, 7:34 pm

hey guys
i went into Sanity today.
Ronan Keating's album is number one in top 20 albums
and Carl's is number 2.
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 12 May 2009, 2:13 am

Hey amanda!! Thanks so much for finding that gorgeous interview!!! I remember the last interview he did with Undercover for his first album and I didn't really like it, but this one is sooooo good!! Carl is so much more relaxed now and so much more confident it's a super interview!!!! And did I say he looks gorgeous too!!!! I am just hoping now that he is going to sing Come Away with Me on tour.... it sounded to me as though he wasn't too keen on the song to start with and although he likes it, maybe he won't sing that one!! Mum and me love it so much...he's GOT to sing it!!!!!!!!!

And hey!!!!!!!!! Awesome that he's shot up the charts again this week!!! woooohoooo!!!!!! banana dance banana2 dance3 trumpet jump3 cheer snoopy
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue 12 May 2009, 1:21 pm

amanda-renee wrote:check this link out it's an undercover interveiw with carl.
i'm especially loving the part in the 2nd part of the interveiw where he says how the song the way you are tonight he's interpretation is when he looks in the crowd behind a fence or something and connects eyes with someone and then afterwards they come up and it's all lovey etc. ( i think Carl has a closet crush on some of us fans) that's my interpritation of what he's saying anyway. let me know what you guys think.

http://www.undercover.com.au/Video.aspx?channel=Music+Interviews&clipId=963167

Love this. Thanks for posting
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 17 May 2009, 9:39 pm

the stillest hour has slipped from 21 back to 29 this week AAAAHHHH!!! gonna have to buy a couple more copies this week at he's rooty hill and mounties gigs.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 18 May 2009, 12:49 am

Yikes! But I just bought another one for a friend!

[I also bought myself Ronan's pale - But I couldn't help myself!!! Have you seen how good Ronan looks on the cover? don't be angry with me please!] afraid
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 18 May 2009, 3:18 pm

i can't be angry i to bought ronan's, when i pre-ordered carl's.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down