Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chit chat thread

+3
Kris
Yvonne
amanda-renee
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

chit chat thread - Page 3 Empty Re: chit chat thread

Post by amanda-renee Mon 25 Oct 2010, 5:54 pm

glad your slowly on the mend, and congrats on becoming an aunty how exciting for you is this your first neice or nephew? or do you have others.?
and yes that netball game was fantastic, would have been great to be there and see it live. amazing game.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 26 Oct 2010, 4:44 pm

No it is the first niece I have, no others. No idea if I will ever be a mum, I am getting too old unfortunately, but I have not found anyone to settle down with.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 26 Oct 2010, 5:38 pm

aww thats sad, and also my biggest fear in life never having kids of my own. Sad
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Fri 29 Oct 2010, 10:45 am

I do adore kids most definitely, but I guess if you don't meet anyone,that you actually do want to settle down with, well I don't know. I do know there are lots of people like myself.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 14 Nov 2010, 6:17 pm

Hi guys! Just at mums so I've made a new banner... David (brother) is coming up for tea... mum's got chicken wings so looking forward to that!! Hope you're all well and congrats Yvonne on becoming an aunty!! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend altho its almost over now... See you all soon!!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 16 Nov 2010, 2:54 am

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a while since I was on here. So much going on. Firstly, like Yvonne, health issues. Since injuring my back a year ago lately it got really severe. I've had CTs, Xrays and MRIs. Meanwhile I started regular swimming. By the time I saw the neuro again I felt okay. He said he couldn't do anything for me anyway after the tests costing a fortune. So I'm ready for my big holiday and I'm making sure all the hotels have pools. Also my daughter has had every test under the sun for a mystery sort of fainting thing where her legs get powerless. MRIs, EEGs, ECGs, thyroid, blood sugar, bp and thankfully everything is absolutely perfect and healthy! But we still don't know why it happens. Holiday planning and working overtime have been keeping me busy too. And now...

MY HOLIDAY IS JUST TWO WEEKS AND FOUR DAYS AWAY!!

Congrats on your neice Yvonne. I bet she's adorable, little Livvy! Good to see everyone on here in the general chat. I've missed you all.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 30 Nov 2010, 3:03 am

Just four sleeps then I'm off around world!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 30 Nov 2010, 5:32 pm

yay!!!!! have a ball angeo, you truelly deserve it. don't forget to take plenty of happy snaps to show us when you get back :)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Sun 02 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

Just passing thought i'd drop in giggle
Kazza
Kazza

Female
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 04 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

Ha ha me too Kazza!

HAPPY NEW YEAR from New York!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 16 Jan 2011, 5:31 pm

Hmm... not much happening here on the forum. And it feels like ages since i last checked in.
Where oh where is Honeyman?
Have the floods in Queensland affected his family in any way? It's all over the news here in the US but getting time to watch the news is my problem. whenever anyone here finds out I'm Australian they are all sympathy about the disaster, even when i've said i'm from WA.
It's so awful what people are going through.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 17 Jan 2011, 5:26 pm

yeah not much happening still on the Carl front, emailed ryan the other day and he said they currently have a gig planned for NT again and ryan was going to email the thredbo chamber as they seemed interested in having carl return for the jazz festival when i emailed them a couple of weeks back asking if they had a line up yet. but i havn't heard back whether the replied to ryans email or not.

i facebook messaged anthony also, and he's dad hasn't been affected by the floods and has been very lucky as they have had very little rain also, but anth was very happy for my concern about the family.

the floods have been absolutely devestating to watch i couldn't even imagine what the people affected by it are going through, so sad. so much destruction and loss.

thouroughly enjoyed the tennis rally for relief match yesterday, all the great tennis players including patrick rafter, nadal, federer and roddick having a hit to raise funds. good to see them have a laugh for something so sad.

hope youv'e been enjoying your trip angeo, i seen your tweet about new orleans , make sure you go to basin and bourbon street, LOL you never know who you may run into.

take care and hope to hear from you when you get back and see a couple of happy snaps from your travels. xxx

amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jan 2011, 7:21 pm

Omg. Amanda. Up for a Darwin roadtrip? Cos I am Very Happy.

Do we know any more dets about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 24 Jan 2011, 5:22 pm

nah not yet jodes i told ryan to keep me updated, not really keen for NT to be honest really need to save my money for my bday but if the thredbo festival goes ahead i'm keen for that roadtrip.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 31 Mar 2011, 2:34 am

Sorry I've not been around. I do feel I'm keeping up with the latest news via Twitter.

It's just been a bit too hectic these days what with overseas visitors staying with us and family stuff.

I'll be in Sydney over Easter. Anything on?

Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 31 Mar 2011, 6:50 pm

23rd april lizottes restaurant in dee why CARL"S ON!!!!! WITH JOHN MORRISON AND JACKI COOPER!!!!! PLEASE COME ME AND JODES WE BE THERE!!!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2011, 7:47 pm

Angeo, if you're interested in coming - I can call Lizottes and get them to put you on our table if you like - it can hold 4 but just has us two at the moment hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 01 Apr 2011, 3:30 am

Thanks Jodes. I may well take you up on your offer! I'll get to finally meet you!
what an added bonus getting to see Carl in the company of you two livewires! I'm looking forward to this Sydney trip now. Wahoo!
Is anyone else going ? Kazz and Michele maybe?
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

chit chat thread - Page 3 Empty Royal Easter Show

Post by Angeo Mon 04 Apr 2011, 11:45 pm

We'll be in Sydney in time for the Royal Easter Show too! Is it fun? We have the Perth Royal Show here in Sept/October and we go every year. My kids never want showbags so we force them to buy a few just for appearances sake. I do like the idea of taking them to Sydney show if I can get the opportunity to foist more showbags on them! Ooh and make them go on scary rides - such fun affraid

Ha! I got to use an emoticon! It's been a long time.....
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 23 Jun 2011, 1:52 am

We've a new addition to our family. His name is Oscar and he's nine months old now. He's cute and lovely to cuddle. He's full of energy but turns into the floppiest most pliant little ragdoll when you hold him. I found him at the dog shelter exactly one year after my old dog died. I don't have any pics uploaded yet. But take my word for it - he's cute chit chat thread - Page 3 554800
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 7:30 am

Just thought I'd stop in and say hey, given it's a lot easier to post what I'm up to here, where we aren't limited by Twitter's 140 characters, or Facebook's "read more" buttons...

I'm currently in London, having an absolute ball. I think I've covered most of the tourist side of things, and so I'm spending some time with some friends who live over here, and catching up with family members who I haven't seen in quite a while.

So far I've covered Big Ben, the London Eye, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (with tourists pushing worse than at a Short Stack gig...trust me!), St Pauls Cathedral, Madame Tussauds and shopping on Oxford St and Harrods.

I nearly had the opportunity to go see Blue down in Brighton next Saturday, but the gigs been cancelled. It's a shame, because the reason I first came to London ten years ago was that I won a radio competition to meet them - they were my favourite band from when I was around 12 to when I was 16ish, so it would have been awesome to see them again, but you can't win them all!

Even though I've been here before, I'm constantly finding myself amazed by the differences between the British and Australian culture - even something as simple as "stand to the right on escalators" is a learning curve...and the Brits aren't afraid to let you know you're standing on the wrong side! I love the culture and general vibe of the place, and if I wasn't a newly enrolled Law student, I'd definitely contemplate doing a working holiday here, so I can live like a Londoner, not just an Australian outsider looking in on what I perceive the culture to be.

Paris proved itself to be even more of a learning experience - I don't speak a word of French apart from Bonjour and Au Revoir, so right from the word go I was overwhelmed and slightly intimidated by the fact I didn't understand a word of what was happening around me. I couldn't understand the transport maps, or read the menus in the shops, or even watch the television shows. It's an isolating feeling. Slowly though, I picked up enough French to be able to verbalise that I can only speak English, and to ask if someone can speak English, and that made it a lot easier for me to navigate my way around the place. I actually felt a bit arrogant - in the sense that I turned up in a foreign country without even bothering to learn some of the local lingo to make life easier for everyone involved, and thats something I'm definitely going to work on when I travel again (let's face it, less than a week in and I've been bitten by the travel bug!)

Paris also gave me my first experience of being in a car that drives on the opposite side of the road to Australia. It was unnerving, and the drivers over there are a lot more...pushy than Australian drivers, we drove around the giant roundabout at the Arc Di Triomphe, where it wasn't uncommon to see cars 6 wide, trying to get out all the different exits, seemingly without even looking. It was fun though.

The food in France was amazing, especially the bread and pastries from the small Patisseries that pop up along every street. Before I left for overseas, I'd dropped nearly 20kg in the few months prior...and I'm reasonably sure I've put it all back on in three days in Paris. It's made my already poor body image worse, but the way I look at it - I may as well enjoy myself while I can.

The definite highlight of Paris for me was Disneyland. I'm sure you're well aware that Disney is one of my main loves in life - and I own nearly every Disney movie made on DVD, and can probably quote most of them word for word (I'm also watching Lilo & Stitch coincidentally as I write this haha), so to get the opportunity to visit one of the Disneyland parks was just amazing. I felt like a little kid at Christmas, and was amazed by every little detail - from the magical castle, to the pumpkins set up in the shape of Mickey Mouse for Halloween - again all the shows were in French, so I couldn't understand what was going on, but it was still magical all the same!

I also had the opportunity to get to the second level of the Eiffel Tower (the top was closed), and visit the Louvre - to see the Mona Lisa, and to spend three hours wandering through the Ancient Egypt exhibit (a treat for a little Ancient History nut like me), and just spend time walking around the city, which is what I like to do best. Paris is a beautiful city, but I'm not too sure if I would return there. Obviously, three days doesn't give too much of an impression, but I didn't feel drawn to the city, like I did when I was in London initially.

I'm off to Rome on Tuesday for another three days, and I'm actually really excited about going there. I'm hoping to get the opportunity to do a day trip down to Pompeii (again, the history nut rearing it's head), as it was my core study for my HSC and I found myself fascinated by it.

I'm kind of missing home a real lot too. I miss work, mainly for the social aspect, and I find myself worrying that the boys in my team aren't getting the work done by themselves, because I've done it for them for the past year, but I can't control that, of course, it's up to them. I think I also miss being on the same timezone as the majority of my friends and family, Simple Plan sang in Jetlag "You say good morning, when it's midnight" and it's true. I haven't spoken to my dad or sister because the timezones always mean we're busy when the other is free, or sleeping, or it's too early to call, so I miss them too. I'm lucky I've got a good internet connection here though. I find I'm really missing my best friend too, it's funny, we're talking more now that I'm 24 hours away, then what we have for the past year, living 15 minutes from each other. Maybe all that was needed there was some distance. So I guess that whilst I'm having a blast, there still really is no place like home, and we have got a pretty good life in Australia - that I can't wait to get back to.

So thats basically my adventures in a nutshell haha!

Last edited by Jodie May on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm super awesome!)

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 22 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

haha great blog jodie love your reasons for editing ( because im super awesome) LMAO
glad your having fun seeing and doing all the touristy things iv'e been keeping up to date with all you posts and photos on facebook, :) some amazing pics there. keep enjoying yourself and take care and hopefully i will see you sometime when you get back. before the gig in december.
caio bella ( is that italian?)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Pretty sure it is Italian...I speak about as much Italian as I do French, so I get to do the whole language thing all over again haha!!

And we'll catch up for sure once I'm back :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3