Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

message from carl

2 posters

Go down

message from carl Empty message from carl

Post by amanda-renee Mon 12 Oct 2009, 4:21 pm

A message from Carl Riseley

message from carl 27yogac Hey Amigo's!!

It's Carl! (I went to a Mexican restaurant during the week, hence the intro - was great by the way. I'm pretty sure I was a Mexican in my last life.)

Just came back from L.A and went straight to Perth to do a few shows! Wow, what a couple of weeks...sorry if i have been a little slow on the twitter.

LA was awesome as usual, I wrote with a lovely lady by the name of Pam. We churned out a whole heap of songs so hopefully - finger's crossed. :-)

The Ellington was amazing!! I wasn't sure how it would go since I haven't done one of my shows in a while but I think it ended up being the best show yet!! Which is just great!
The band played so well and it was a lot of fun, many random, funny things happened! Ha!
and........
The Perth Telethon, well...You can see for yourself
message from carl Carl-riseley-video

and check out Bourbon Street / Bill Bailey as well!!! Thanks To Angeo!! Woohoo!

I have a couple of shows coming up folks at Bennetts Lane on the 30th & 31st of October, so I might see you there hey!!! Yeh!

Catch Ya!!

xx
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

message from carl Empty Re: message from carl

Post by Angeo Tue 13 Oct 2009, 1:13 am

If Carl was dressed as a Mexican, he'd be kind of a lanky Clint Eastwood with a dusty poncho, rough stubble on his chin, eyes shadowed by his wide brimmed hat and a thin cigar between his lips. What was that movie?

Sweet of Carl to thank me for putting up the Telethon videos. It's so nice to be appreciated.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 13 Oct 2009, 2:42 pm

hey angeo you should take this opertunity to do some carl art and make a picture of a mexican Carl hehe, bet he would love it.

hola Carlos
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 14 Oct 2009, 1:25 am

I'll just stick to painting a picture with words Amanda. I don't have Amby and Kris's skills with photoshop. Good thought though.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 09 Dec 2009, 2:59 pm

Hey Everyone!!

Well I really hope your year has been what you set out for it to be, we had some great moments... like; pulling out "minnie the mermaid" for the first time. Introducing you all to some of my originals was also a blast, not to mention the Perth Telethon. There were lots of great gigs actually...
*The Sydney Zoo Big Band gig with John Morrison
*The Stillest Hour Tour
*Touring with Kate Ceberano - YEAH!!!

& it was so lovely to see most of you at some stage this year.

Well I guess we're all gearing for Christmas now (we should be anyway!) and what a time of year... I had my first Carols By Candlelight gig this year, yesterday (6th). I had a ball!! and I can't wait for you all to see me once again on the tube, Christmas Eve!! I'll be singing a great tune called "The Man with the Bag" on Melbourne's televised Carols By Candlelight.

So here's a warm hug to you all and I hope you have a wonderful and safe Christmas/New Year.

Love
Carl
x

P.S I'm currently working on the third album and we will hopefully see that fire out of Universal's cannons early-ish next year!! (trumpet) YEAH!!
Can't wait to share this next one with you :-).....All the Love x
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 02 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

2 February 2010 from Universal mailing list.

Hello All!!

Happy (late) Australia DAY!!!!

I hope you all had a cracker of a time, shared some beers and snags (I like to call them "mystery bags!!")

I played in Adelaide on Aussie day @ Elder Park. Man... what a gig, James Morrison featured during my set and it went off! Thank you to all my lovely supporters that came along, can't wait to go back sometime.

Well Bennetts has come around again believe it or not. I thought I might do a Valentines special there. So lads if you're struggling to think of something - here's your chance!! Maybe ladies you could forward this email to your hubby as a hint. HA!!

I really hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Onward with 2010!!

Loves.

Carl x

P.S. I've been learning how to fly fixed wing motor gliders and I have just recently received my solo licence, this month!! Woohoo!!....... Who's first in line for a scenic flight!!?? :-) x

Tour Dates
13 Feb 2010 - Bennetts Lane
14 Feb 2010 - Bennetts Lane (Valentine's Day)

Win Tickets to See Carl Live!
In celebration of Carl Riseley's upcoming concerts at Bennetts Lane, Getmusic is giving a lucky winner a double pass to see the Queensland-born Jazz singer and trumpeter in action and a poster board signed by the crooner himself.

Two runners-up will also win a double pass to a Bennetts Lane show. Enter Now! http://www.getmusic.com.au/competitions/detail.aspx?cmpid=142
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 02 Jun 2010, 1:13 am

Carl Riseley: We all had fantastic time in Darwin on sunday!!!! Thanks to everyone who came out, I really hope we can come back soon!!
Facebook - 8 hours ago
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 27 May 2012, 5:55 pm

hey all, no idea if anyone even comes on the forum anymore but i recently emailed anthony to see how carl's doing as he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth and anthony told me that carl is doing really well. he has 4 weeks left of he's piloting course so it's head down bum up with he's studying in hopes of passing he's exams so he can become a qualified pilot and then he will be able to fly people all over the country.
anth also seems to think that when he finishes he's course and knows what he will be doing as far as work hours etc, that he will hopefully start booking in a few gigs here and there to coincide with he's flights ( a real work horse) so some regional towns might get the chance to see our man in action which would be great.
other then that not much to report on except i miss him sooooo much. but as long as he is happy doing something he loves i to am happy for him.
hope everyone is well.
AR xx
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 13 Dec 2012, 2:49 am

Sounds awesome. Carl has been a busy man. Thanks Amanda.

Oh wow you posted this in May. Sorry - I've been busy too but not as productive as Carl :)
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 13 Dec 2012, 3:13 pm

ANGEO!!!!!!!!! thank god your still around i have big news

I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! due june 30th 2013 YAY!!!!!!!! will keep you informed but yeah so excited. :)
hope you've been well. talk soon
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 14 Dec 2012, 2:00 am

FAN - f'ing - TASTIC!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Well you've outdone even Carl. You've been not only busy naughty but (re)productive as well! (sorry). Congratulations darl - you'll be an amazing mummy. 🍼 congrats
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down