Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Album In The Making

+9
ambercat
monetgo
laceyface
Beerbote01(the rise)
ambercatsmum
yabuuu
rosie1535
Yvonne
Kris
13 posters

Go down

Album In The Making Empty Album In The Making

Post by Kris Thu 22 Nov 2007, 8:17 am

I can't tell you just how excited I am that Carl's album is on it's way!!

I have a few ideas about what kind of music I would like to see on this album, but whatever Carl creates will be breath taking!! Hopefully it will still be a swing album, but after seeing Carl's versatility on Idol, I'd love to see a bit of that in his album. A mixture would be great, but I would still love to hear that strong jazz style.

Just want to take this opportunity to wish Carl all the best. Work hard, rest, be true to yourself and most of all...have fun!!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Album In The Making Empty Re: Album In The Making

Post by Yvonne Thu 22 Nov 2007, 3:14 pm

You know what I would love, I would love to see Carl being able to work at some stage with Chong Lim and his band. They are an awesome band and if you have been to any John Farnham concerts or are a great fan of Dancing With The Stars (like I am), then you will know exactly who I mean. Chong has produced on David Campbell's new cd and also the first swing sessions one (I own both, but I love SS2 even more than the first one and I do like DC a lot, but Chong and his band are mind blowing, not to mention all the brass band and other musicians on the cd. Awesome stuff guys.
Go and have a listen and see what you think. Just google David's name and his site will come up.

Also you would have also seen me mention in the idolforums about how I went to Hamer Hall here in Melbourne the other week and saw the Melb Symphony Orchestra and the special guest vocalist was Kane Alexander (another of my favorite singers, he is from Melbourne, actually originally from country Victoria, up in Swan Hill). It was a Broadway Musical theme, I love musicals, so this was right up my alley also and Kane has an awesome voice. He only sang seven songs though(not enough for my liking),from some of the biggest Broadway musicals, that have also reached our shores here in Australia, but apart from that the MSO were mind blowingly brilliant, I have always enjoyed them enormously the few times I have been able to see them so far- the first time I ever saw them was at High School, I was always involved in music-both instrumental and I was for a little while in the choir, and they took us on a school excursion to see them playing live, one of the most incredible experiences for me ever and probably what has instilled in me, my love of big band music. What I do remember is them playing for us all songs from the biggest movies of all time (this was back in the early eighties they took us) and we were talking about it for days on end, all of us lucky kids who got to go on this excursion.

So yeah basically my other point is, it would be awesome if Carl ever got to perform with the MSO as well.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie1535 Fri 30 Nov 2007, 9:53 pm

I hope Carl doesn't forget his Perth fans. My son (16) and I love him to bits, he is just fantastic and we can't wait for an albulm and tour. I never go to concerts but I certainly would go to see Carl.

I agree Yvonne that Carl singing with Chong Lim's band would be awesome. I further agree about Kane Alexander he is fantastic. We have some great talent in Australia some like Kane we just don't see or hear enough of.

Good luck Carl, looking forward to further news of you soon.

rosie1535

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by yabuuu Tue 04 Dec 2007, 8:02 am

Wow, that's awesome.

I really wanted him to put some ballad in because he got a really nice tone for singing ballads..

yabuuu

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Thu 06 Dec 2007, 10:11 pm

I hope we hear some news soon about him making an album. I hope someone will tell us if/when he gets a recording contract, then we can really start to get excited and look forward to a release date! He did say that he was making one, didn't he? I seem to remember reading or hearing about that somewhere - was it on this forum?
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Beerbote01(the rise) Fri 07 Dec 2007, 12:38 am

Hey Everyone.......yeah you know if you have any suggestions for the album...shoot I will have a listen.
But I think you all should be happy, I'm aiming for some ballads some up tempo stuff real swing stuff to. :-)

Beerbote01(the rise)

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by laceyface Fri 07 Dec 2007, 12:41 am

Right now I'm really loving Buble's 'You Don't Know Me.' I'd love to hear you sing that sometime :)
laceyface
laceyface

Female
Number of posts : 109

http://www.myspace.com/little_miss_lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2007, 2:04 am

oooooooo Always on My Mind <3 That song gives me shivers!
Lol sorry, going off track and talkin about Buble...

So Carl what about a death metal track?
Okay I'm kidding and I know I'm not funny.

But yeah love the idea of ballads...they're the best to sing along to as I drive home alone late at night haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri 07 Dec 2007, 7:29 am

I'd be happy with whatever you bring out, Carl. I adore your style and loved seeing you sing songs that were a bit out of your comfort zone! As long as it's your voice and a bit of your trumpet, I'm a happy girl. You could hum every song and I'd still buy your album! lol
Work hard, feel the music and it will be awesome ;) Can't wait.
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 07 Dec 2007, 8:25 pm

will buy anything you produce Carl and please soon?
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 08 Dec 2007, 10:32 am

Beerbote01(the rise) wrote:Hey Everyone.......yeah you know if you have any suggestions for the album...shoot I will have a listen.
But I think you all should be happy, I'm aiming for some ballads some up tempo stuff real swing stuff to. :-)

Hi Carl, you know Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass and Chuck Mangione? I think you know them... well, my family loves I love you them and hope you could have the time to listen to "This Guy's In Love with You" by Herb Alpert & TTB (from the album THE BEAT OF THE BRASS) i think it suits you especially with the trumpet and all!

I am also listening to the Essentials album of John Travolta, considering a lot of us here and (outside here) are Travolta's fan for LIFE, we would like you to have a time to listen to his following songs: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU BABY(NEIL SEDAKA); WHAT WOULD THEY SAY (PAUL WILLIAMS); YOU SET MY DREAMS TO MUSIC; BACK DOORS CRYING; LET HER IN; BABY I COULD BE SO GOOD AT LOVIN' YOU; MOONLIGHT LADY; CAN'T LET YOU GO; IT HAD TO BE YOU; RIGHT TIME OF THE NIGHT. Very Happy Happy listening my boy! :) We love you, just remember your fans here are outnumbered by your fans outside, it's not only us here, millions of them out there who have no time to visit here but love you, who doesn't know that there's a site for them to continue knowing you but never stop loving you. :cheers: my boy! Peace out! :santa:
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 08 Dec 2007, 11:22 am

As long as you put "Home" on there and a bit of the trumpet, I will be one very happy chickie!!! Album In The Making Battingeyelashes Pleeeaase say Home is gonna be on there!!! Album In The Making Frantic3kb As for the other songs Carl...you've chosen some absolute rippers on the Idol show and that was just with limited choice and not in your own genre, so I will love anything you put out there!! I love your songs and listen to them every single day!!! A new album would be heaven and I just can't wait!!!!!! I love you
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 08 Dec 2007, 6:33 pm

Did someone say 'Home'? Album In The Making Thudworthy

Oh I definitely hope that's on the album! Album In The Making Yippee
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 08 Dec 2007, 6:40 pm

i think it's unanimous HOME has to be on your cd carl. PLEASE.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 08 Dec 2007, 8:56 pm

Home - yes definitely because that's the song where I can hear a hint of Aaron Neville (one of the most unique voices). So why not try one of his songs? My favourite is a real oldie 'Tell it like it is'. It is soulful but you can put more jazz lilt to it.

There's a Stevie Wonder song I went mad over 'Rocket Love' - I was house-sitting and the owners had an album (don't know the name but Stevie had a rastafarian appearance). Loved that album but especially that song - I think that could suit you.

Another one you could try is 'Misty'. I've asked for this one before in your AI fan messages. It's a song with a wide range of jazz notes and I can just hear the trumpet refrains.

Last edited by on Wed 19 Dec 2007, 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 11 Dec 2007, 10:49 pm

.....ballads..... Album In The Making MeltingAlbum In The Making Thud3-1Album In The Making Cloud9Album In The Making Wee
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Sun 23 Dec 2007, 11:57 am

Many of Frank Sinatra's songs would be perfect for Carl's style of singing and as I know that he is a big Sinatra fan, I'm hoping that we might have a few tracks of Sinatra songs on the album as well. The rate we're going, Carl's going to have to put out a box set! ;)
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Dec 2007, 12:13 am

What a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Album In The Making Empty Just humming this

Post by Angeo Fri 18 Jan 2008, 1:45 pm

Found myself humming this out of nowhere

... and he'll kiss your lips and caress your waiting fingertips
and your heart will fly away . . .

(could be my airport fantasy still playing on my mind . . . :twisted: )

Anyway, it was bugging me so I googled the lyrics:

It's All In The Game Lyrics
Artist(Band):Van Morrison

Many a tear has to fall
But it's all in the game

All in the wonderful game
That we know as love

You had words with him
And your future's looking dim
But these things your heart can rise above

Once in a while he won't call
But it's all in the game

Soon he'll be there by your side
With a small bouquet

And he'll kiss your lips
And caress your fingertips
And your heart will fly away

You had words with him
And your future's looking dim
But these things your heart can rise above

Once in a while he won't call
But it's all in the game

Soon he'll be there by your side
With a small bouquet

And he'll kiss your lips
And caress your fingertips

This is an oldie isn't it? I don't know who I've heard singing it but I know I haven't heard Van Morrison's cover. Could be one for honey-man Carl???
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down