Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE RISE

+14
Elise.
norahs1
Yvonne
sensor
Admin
Angeo
ambercat
cmcrae0
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
Floss
Altair
monetgo
Kris
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

THE RISE - Page 4 Empty Re: THE RISE

Post by Yvonne Mon 12 May 2008, 4:01 pm

Grrrrr certain members of my family, you know how Carl was in yesterdays Herald Sun- the Sunday mag and the Entertainment guide, well they just flicked over his story, and just read about Andre Rieu (nothing against Andre as I think his music is great, but I don't want to see his concert).

They don't like anything to do with Idol- I think I could probably consider myself lucky that they are Sixty Minutes watchers and I was able to watch the Shannon Noll interview last night ( they don't like him much either). They are the ones that made me miss out on viewing Carl on Idol one week, so I had to youtube the performance.

I just wish people would get over their dislike of Idol and just see for themselves how talented some of the performers are (esp Carl),but I know you cannot please everyone. Oh well they are missing out.

Someone's birthday is coming up(alluding to the above person)I wonder what she would do if I did buy this lady, Carl's cd. I personally do not see how anyone could possibly dislike it once they hear it. They couldn't possibly.I bought cd's for her one other time and she liked what I bought, but because I have been going on about how wonderful Carl is, she may be different about it. Who knows, I have over a month to think about it. I won't just be buying her that, should I decide to do so, I shall just slip it in as an extra. Maybe I should have bought another copy the other day at Borders and got it personally signed to her, that way, she would have to listen to it.

I know I shall be buying it for my cousin for Christmas- I know I am thinking ahead, but I truly think she would appreciate it, she already told me she loved the David Campbell one I gave her last year, so I am totally sure she would love Carl. I did have a sneak look at my cousins cd's last time I was there and she appears to like most of the same stuff that I do (she is quite a few years older than myself). She has some Buble in her collection too, so yep I will get it for her. I may even double up and get it for her daughter at Chrissy too. We don't give birthday pressies, anyway theirs have passed already. Nice when your Xmas presents can get solved this early in the year.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Mon 12 May 2008, 7:27 pm

ambercat wrote:The Rise is still hanging in there at number 5 again this week!!! WooHooooo!!!!! THE RISE - Page 4 Wee I wonder how many cds have been sold then? I'd love to see how many other Carl fans there are in Australia!! Very Happy

hey that's great news! :cheers:
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Mon 12 May 2008, 9:28 pm

Yvonne wrote:Someone's birthday is coming up(alluding to the above person)I wonder what she would do if I did buy this lady, Carl's cd. I personally do not see how anyone could possibly dislike it once they hear it. They couldn't possibly.I bought cd's for her one other time and she liked what I bought, but because I have been going on about how wonderful Carl is, she may be different about it. Who knows, I have over a month to think about it. I won't just be buying her that, should I decide to do so, I shall just slip it in as an extra. Maybe I should have bought another copy the other day at Borders and got it personally signed to her, that way, she would have to listen to it.

Yeah go on Yvonne!! Just buy it for her!! Razz Have you tried playing it in the background while she's been visiting? You could always try that and see if she comments on it? I had it on in the car the other day when a couple of mates and me went out for lunch and they liked it as well!! (And they're not Idol fans either!!)

And yes Alty!! Number 5 again!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!! Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Tue 13 May 2008, 6:56 am

Great news about the album still being at 5!!
Both Carl and RCM must be over the moon!! I love you

Yvonne, I reckon you should give her the CD. I'm sure she'd love it, the moment she heard LFIL!! :cheers:

Speaking of Andre Rieu, Yvonne, I saw a doco on him, and his freaking amazing castle-home in The Netherlands. That's what you get for corrupting classical music, taking it to the masses, dressing it in glamorous gowns, frilly man-shirts and uniforms, coaches and white horses, ballet dancers, waltzers and as many ice skaters as you can pack onto a stage; and making millions happy.
*elitist muso pokes up ugly head*

He also has a son who aint half-bad looking and is an artist, who doesn't have a girlfriend.
Hmmm - elitist music...castle in The Netherlands...elitist music...lifestyles of the rich and famous...
Ah bugger it, I can be bought...corrupt away, Andre. I love you
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 13 May 2008, 9:38 am

She was not at my place, I was at hers. My brother has heard it in the background when I have been speaking to him on the phone, as has one of my other cousins- not the one I give Christmas pressies to, they all think at first I am playing Buble.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 13 May 2008, 9:49 pm

ok well if you do end up giving it to her, you'll have to come back here and let us know what she thinks!!! Razz

And sensor... Andre Rieu does nothing for me whatsoever... Neutral there's no way I would spend that sort of money to go and see that show... Although I can see how some would like it I guess...just not for me that's all!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Wed 14 May 2008, 2:23 pm

Have to confess amby, in elitist circles he's a bit of a joke. But then we're a bunch of superior snobs, who look down our noses at everyone, except ourselves - and even then, we're wary!! :lol:

I agree with you - I don't like his show either, but I love the lurks and perks that go along with it!! Razz
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Wed 14 May 2008, 5:03 pm

My mum wants to go, she really likes him, but I don't fancy it either, you could buy a whole heap of his dvd's for the same price as the cheapest tickets.

It isn't my thing either, he is good, but not good enough for me to spend that kind of money, esp when I am not working- I would like to think I would be able to see about two or three shows for that very same price.

I am seeing Michael B in June, I prefer people singing and esp people who both sing and play trumpet(need I say more there, this is where we are all on the same page).

Now if she wanted to see the New Years Eve concert orchestra from Vienna, I have one or two of those cd's and when I am feeling in a really classical kind of mood those go in my cd player- I love listening to Strauss's music.

Much, much better.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Wed 14 May 2008, 5:28 pm

LFIL is a great song to start off the cd, I just remember wanting to play it first off, because I was so very, very sure that I knew the tune, but not sure where from, as soon as it began playing and the first words were sung, yep I knew it right off- I think it may have been played in an old movie perhaps. Then of course it keeps on getting better and better. Usually I would skip to the songs I know best, but in Carl's case, I knew of everything except for track 4.

Which actually brings me to talk also about the Geoff Sewell debut cd I bought last week, I knew every single song on there, save for Sienna's song ( Geoff's wife wrote this beautiful song about their 5 year old daughter Sienna, who has autism), their story was in one of the mags this week, and one of the songs on there also- I Believe (well I wasn't sure if I knew it or not, so that was the first track I played from his cd and yep I knew it well, I think J O'K may have done a version of it.Geoff's version is gorgeous.

I really think that Carl would do a lovely version of this also, the words are lovely

http://www.lyricstime.com/johnny-o-keefe-i-believe-lyrics.html

I believe for every drop
Of rain that falls
A flower grows
I believe that somewhere
In the darkest ni-ight
A candle glows
I believe for everyone
Who goes astray
Someone will come
To show the way
I believe, I believe

I believe above the storm
The smallest prayer
Will still be heard
I believe that someone
In the great somewhere
Hears every word
Every time I hear
A newborn baby cry-y
Or touch a leaf
Or see the sky
Then I know why...
I-I believe...
(I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe)

Every time I hear
A newborn baby cry
Or touch a leaf
Or see the sky
Then I know why...
I-I believe...
(Oh I belie-ieve)

I cannot find Johnny's version, but you can hear Geoff's version on this site. It is just a small grab of it.

http://www.gomusic.ru/album.aspx?id=68860

I think there may be a longer version on Geoff's site

www.geoffsewell.co.uk

I will go and look.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Thu 15 May 2008, 8:41 pm

I just realised that I haven't been on the forum since Carl released his album! I must try and come on a bit more often! I can't say enough wonderful things about "The Rise" - I have it permanently in my stereo in my car and haven't listened to anything else at all since it was put in there. Not even the news on the way to work! It's the best album I have had the pleasure to hear for ages and I do hope Carl is as proud of it as we all are.

Yvonne, "I Believe" was one of my favourites in the 60's - The Bachelors sang it way back then!
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 18 May 2008, 8:59 pm

Number 6 this week!!!! Very Happy Still going strong!! Good on ya Carl!!! I love you
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 18 May 2008, 11:45 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!! Let's hope we can keep it up there!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4