Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

podcasts and audio's

+5
Kris
ambercat
Angeo
amanda-renee
Yvonne
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

podcasts and audio's Empty podcasts and audio's

Post by Yvonne Thu 14 Feb 2008, 4:53 pm

Just searching round Google and I came across this

http://lifestyle.arncampaigns.com.au/vic?date=24-10-2007

just click and you will hear Carl speaking about the things he knows for sure.

I never ever did hear Carl's before this, but I did get to hear Natalie's and I think also Delta's. I don't listen to Mix FM all that much.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

podcasts and audio's Empty Re: podcasts and audio's

Post by amanda-renee Thu 14 Feb 2008, 7:08 pm

how good was that carl if you ever find a way to stop cracking your fingers can you give me the hot tip as i also do it and it drives me insane also.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 14 Feb 2008, 7:12 pm

Thanks for that Yvonne! That little Carl monologue is absolutely precious! And I didn't think the Donny Hathaway song was cheesy at all - not the way honey-man sings it in his absolutely gorgeous honey-voice !!

(He must stop cracking his fingers though - or he'll ruin those lovely long hands. Naughty Carl. You need supple fingers to play a crumpet...strumpet...trumpet!)

Last edited by on Fri 15 Feb 2008, 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 14 Feb 2008, 11:21 pm

oooh thanks Yvonne!! Very Happy I hadn't heard this either!!! Just listening to that tiny bit of Donny Hathaways song made me even more excited about the album if thats possible!!! And you're right Angeo....Carl will wreck his hands if he keeps on cracking his knuckles!!! noooooo!!!!! podcasts and audio's Frantic3kb
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri 15 Feb 2008, 7:35 am

Thanks for the link. I just clicked on the little headphones to have a listen and whoa!! My speakers were turned up all the way! It was like ... "HEY THIS IS CARL RISELEY" !! lol

Thanks for sharing
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Fri 15 Feb 2008, 4:13 pm

Hey you will get arthritis doing that to your knuckles, Carl and everyone else. Just a friendly early warning.

We cannot have him ruining those lovely hands now. I have arthritis in my little left toe and it was from breaking it sometime, sometimes it is so hard to get shoes that don't press down on it- not only that but my knees have been cracking lately when I get up off chairs and I cringe because I can hear it and therefore I assume people close by me can too. I am way too young for all that. However it runs in the family.

It annoys me when you are sitting on the bus and the person next to you cracks their knuckles, so if I can, I move seats. However I reckon I could make at least one exception.........................hehe ( that wouldn't be too hard now, would it).

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Fri 15 Feb 2008, 4:25 pm

Hehe I am sounding like an old croc, when I am still quite young. I just say all this because, I used to work with some Indian girls ( who I was very friendly with), but they used to do it all the time and the nurses at our workplace used to tell them off, if they saw them doing it and tell them it was very bad for them and of course because I care about you all.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2008, 12:20 am

I have a broken finger thats gunna turn arthritic. It's my pinky, it's wonky atm and its already starting to get the aches and pains.

My ankles and shoulders crack already, which isn't good. And it's not by choice either.

I don't get how people can crack their knuckles. I can't do it. Like. I can't even get them to crack haha

Back to top Go down

podcasts and audio's Empty Radio station music formats/Carl

Post by Yvonne Sat 23 Feb 2008, 1:08 pm

I think I know of someone who will play Carl's cd when it is released and it is a guy on talkback radio here in Melbourne- he plays all of the cds that land on his desk he says. Radio 3AW's Allan Pearsall is on Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings until 5.30am- I know its ok if we were all nightowls- sometimes I am, and I know he plays lots of great and far more interesting music during his early morning shifts. It is good that he includes music along with talkback. I guess some people may think I am being a granny for listening, well that is actually what makes me listen- in the first instance he was the only person on our radio who was playing any Josh Groban- so that immediately made me interested enough to keep on listening as I adore Josh.

Other people he often has played during the night include Mr Buble, David Campbell, right now he has been playing heaps of Andre Rieu (the violinist(actually I think many of the other announcers have too, that are on during the week), Kane Alexander, David Hobson, Il Divo, Patrizio............etc.............etc. So I am very very inclined to think that should Carl's cd be given to the radio station, he will give it a spin. I am sure they are given the cd's about a week or so before their release, I could be wrong. Does anyone here know anymore about that kind of thing?

I think Alan Jones is the man in Sydney- he is from 2GB am I right???? Don't know the radio announcers in the other states.

While I think of it too, with Michael Buble the only other radio station I ever here him on here in Melbourne, is Mix FM 101.1. Usually it is either "Sway" or "Everything", sometimes "Home". Hopefully they will play Carl's music too.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Feb 2008, 2:07 pm

What a fantastic idea Yvonne! I may check up on my favoutite radio station here in Qld. They play a lot of goldenoldies with a mix of anything that's not too way out in between. I will send them an email and find if there is anyway to get Carl on Brisbane airway's. It's just a matter of giving them a copy of the CD that we are all going to be rushing out to get on April 12th!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laceyface Sat 23 Feb 2008, 3:24 pm

That is a great idea.. If only I could work out when Carls album actually was coming out...

Hey Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks heaps for all your support over the past few months!!!
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and an Album will be coming out around the beginning of May,YAY!!!!

oh and.I have been nominated in the top 50 CLEO bachelor of the year, you can vote online and it's free if you want, that is!!
Love Carl

Carl had that on his Facebook. Obviously I would prefer it if it was April... but theres a few different dates its meant to be released that we've heard so far Neutral
laceyface
laceyface

Female
Number of posts : 109

http://www.myspace.com/little_miss_lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 23 Feb 2008, 3:44 pm

this is the Melbourne radio station link for 3AW.

http://www.mytalk.com.au/Stations/Talk/3AW/Pages/default.aspx

then you just click on the personalities and read their bios and then I think you can email them from there.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Feb 2008, 5:02 pm

Hi Lace...have a look at the big banner on the home page!!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 26 Feb 2008, 2:09 pm

You know who else plays music throughout their radio shift on 3AW is Ernie Sigley, he is on from 12 till 4pm I think each weekday. I only hear him occasionally, but last week I did and he was playing a fair bit of Harry Connick.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 26 Feb 2008, 2:11 pm

Oh and Mix FM played the beautiful song that we all fell in love with Carl over the other day- Mr Buble's "Home". In the early afternoon.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 30 Apr 2008, 9:55 pm

4BH Brisbane is going to have an early mother's day celebration this coming weekend, i didn't quite get on what they're gonna do but it will definitely involve Carl Riseley and Kate Ceberano's new released CDs, they were playing Carl's reminiscing and one of Kate songs (i didn't get the title) while plugging the upcoming program.
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Wed 30 Apr 2008, 10:28 pm

Thats good to hear!! Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 02 May 2008, 6:39 pm

4BH 882 Brisbane started their early 'Mother's Day Musicfest' today at half past three this pm thru to Sunday (i think), and they're giving away 3-pack CDs of Carl Riseley, Kate Ceberano, and The Best of Love Songs from various artists and i think they're doing it every hour. It's really a good exposure for Carl too, i love how the DJs said something about Carl that how good he is etc etc....all listeners have to do is to just listen to the DJs asking to call them at that very moment and whoever is caller #5 will get the 3-pack CDs.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 03 May 2008, 12:46 pm

Thankyou, thankyou to Alan Pearsall last Saturday morning from 1am, he played some of Carl's cd, I only heard two songs though- Smooth Operator and I don't remember what else, because I was half asleep when I heard his voice. I know that Alan said he was good and a very nice young man, just like Buble. Alan is on 3AW Melbourne.

Incidentally he was plugging Damien's excellent cd this morning and also Rhonda Burchmore's- she sings "Pure Imagination" on her cd as well, I like Rhonda, she is a very good entertainer, and her PI is very good, but Carl's wins hands down- no contest there. Quite a few verses it seems in her version.
I really liked her version of "At Last" though. He was also plugging the guy who used to be with Amici Forever- a New Zealander tenor called Geoff Sewell, his cd seems to be a good one too, but I have no idea if he played any more of Carl's cd this week.

Anyway I love the way this guy gives all Aussies a go.

The thing is though, no one actually got on the line last week (not that I heard) to talk about Carl (I should have gotten out of my nice warm bed myself, I guess), but quite a few rang in about Damien, during this morning. Look I quite agree with them, I am loving DL's cd too, but yeah I would have liked to have known that others wanted to know more about Carl last week (oh well maybe they did whilst I was asleep).

I took it with me yesterday to play at work- no one else was in at the time, so I popped it on straight away- quite loudly and then when the other two came in they wanted to know who it was- they thought it was MB actually and I had to tell them otherwise, but one lady at least liked it- the other girl didn't, she said she only loves 80's music nothing else. She reckons all of todays music is rubbish, yeah a lot of it is, but she fails to realise that every now and then some pure gold emerges- just like Carl. I didn't care what she said, she thinks anyway that all the things she likes are the only things worth worrying about. I am a person who likes to have an open mind, give everything a listen and then decide, I just turned it up louder- just because.

The other lady though, she wants her hubby to get it for her for Mothers Day. She is a Buble fan and she was quite impressed by Carl.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

podcasts and audio's Empty There is a Carl interview/performance on this site

Post by Yvonne Tue 06 May 2008, 9:27 am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sundayheraldsun

just click on the pic of him

Edited by ambercat: I've uploaded this vid onto youtube and posted it in our Videos forum so that we can enjoy it after it's gone from the heraldsun site... here's the link...
https://carlriseley.forumotion.com/miscellaneous-f38/carl-interview-from-heraldsuncomau-t451.htm#4957

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 06 May 2008, 9:39 am

Thanks Yvonne! What a great way to start the day.

He always seems most comfortable and self-assured when discussing his music. It's so good to see he knows exactly where he's at and where he's heading.

I've always loved that song 'On the street where you live' from My Fair Lady.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayford27 Tue 06 May 2008, 12:39 pm

Oh, thanks so much for posting this Yvonne! Great find. :)
Clayford27
Clayford27

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 06 May 2008, 2:42 pm

I remembered about it from reading the Sunday Herald Sun, but I couldn't get online to watch it, so I was hoping it was still there today, which it was. Is there any chance it can be kept on here?

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 06 May 2008, 10:49 pm

Angeo wrote:Thanks Yvonne! What a great way to start the day.

He always seems most comfortable and self-assured when discussing his music. It's so good to see he knows exactly where he's at and where he's heading.

I've always loved that song 'On the street where you live' from My Fair Lady.
Thanks heaps for finding this Yvonne!! I love it!!! I hope that one day I'll get to see him sing 'On the Street where you Live' live and the full version... Oh all that trumpet!!!! podcasts and audio's Trumpet I love you woohoo!!!!

And yes Yvonne, I'm just uploading the vid onto youtube so we'll have it here soon... I'll post it in the videos section when its done with a link going from here... Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 07 May 2008, 7:29 am

Thanks Yvonne! Love it........ splendid! Carl looks so fresh...looks so pretty a boy....and the killer dimple, hah! The shirt ohh yeah...and of course the trumpeeting.....yeah!
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

podcasts and audio's Empty Carl thanks John Foreman

Post by ambercat Tue 20 May 2008, 9:02 pm

I was at work and we have Mix radio playing all day...and they have this 'Thank you" campaign on where ordinary people or celebrities can ring up someone and say thank you to them for anything they like.... and yesterday morning Carl came on - he rang up John Foreman and thanked him for all his help!! Trouble was I had a phone call right at the start of it and missed the whole thing!! podcasts and audio's Frantic3kb I felt like yelling into the phone.. ring back later!!!.. and slamming the phone down!!! grrrrr!!!!! podcasts and audio's Bananasad Neutral
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 21 May 2008, 1:17 am

Oh that's so nice of him to thank JF on air like that. What did the radio jock say? Oh sorry, you missed it didn't you. Next time just say you've got an emergency and hang up! :twisted:

Have you checked the radio website?
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Wed 21 May 2008, 5:29 pm

It is so annoying when that happens, I have had that happen to me, other situation though, I wanted to hear Brad Johnson(captain of my beloved Doggies in the AFL) talking on SEN radio station the other morning, they said he was coming on, but by that time, I had to be out the door.

John Foreman, now there is a musical genius, my late nanna really liked John when he used to be on Bert's show and on Idol, so for that very reason alone, I know she would have loved Carl and indeed his cd.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 21 May 2008, 6:04 pm

We have the same program like that here in Brissie as well, i think it's with Hamish and Andy show every 4 pm if i'm not mistaken. Good on Carl acknowledging JF on air.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Wed 21 May 2008, 10:50 pm

Angeo wrote:Oh that's so nice of him to thank JF on air like that. What did the radio jock say? Oh sorry, you missed it didn't you. Next time just say you've got an emergency and hang up! :twisted:

Have you checked the radio website?

Great idea Angeo! I found it! If you click 'Watch' Carl thanks his dad and if you click on 'Listen' theres the John Foreman thankyou!!

http://www.thankyouproject.com.au/sa/on_air_thankyous?page=4
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down