Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE RISE

+14
Elise.
norahs1
Yvonne
sensor
Admin
Angeo
ambercat
cmcrae0
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
Floss
Altair
monetgo
Kris
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THE RISE Empty THE RISE

Post by Kris Sat 26 Apr 2008, 3:17 pm

:cheers:
What can I say?!! I'm ecstatic - lost for words!! I couldn't wait around for JB HI FI's stuff-up. Went out this afternoon and bought The Rise. I'm in total awe! This album is fantastic - a work of art. I've waited 6 months for this and OMG it's been worth the wait. I hope your proud of yourself Carl - what you've produced is amazing. Just beautiful!

Let's Fall in Love - Great song to start the album off! Those low tones are stunning. mmmm

Pure Imagination - Brings back those Idol memories. Just as beautiful as it was then.

Lido Shuffle - A favourite! Makes me feel like dancing and it's tough to get me up to dance!! lol Love it.

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is - Love the trumpet solo in this one. This one reminds me of Reminiscing for some reason!

We've Only Just Begun - I am a big fan of the Carpenters and this is one of my favourites, so I was anxious to hear this rendition - gorgeous... "And when the evening comes.." and trumpet..mmmm

Reminiscing - Slightly different!! Loved this one on Idol and it's even better hearing the whole song!

Girl From Ipanema - I'm loving these low tones Carl...I'd love to see this one as a second single ;)

This Guy's In Love With You - >This Girl's In Love With YOU< lol I love this song!

The Letter - I love the beat to this song. THE RISE 274336

Time After Time - Time after time, you surprise me Carl! The perfect song for the perfect album THE RISE Trumpet

Smooth Operator - Very smooth ;)

Waltzing Matilda
- I'd love to see you back in that hat and tie for this song, Carl Embarassed Quite different to the Idol rendition and just as amazingly done.

I'm so proud of you Carl and so proud to be one of your many fans. Finally I have your album in my collection and I cannot wait to be sitting there at another of your gigs. All the best!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

THE RISE Empty Re: THE RISE

Post by monetgo Sat 26 Apr 2008, 3:27 pm

Just finish listening to Smooth Operator....yes Kris so smooth indeed...now i'm listening to waltzing matilda....superb! I just love the style man ...Carl's style that is!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 26 Apr 2008, 3:36 pm

I'm listening to Smooth Operator again atm ... nearly finished my second run of the album! I looooooooooooooove it THE RISE Yippee . I am in awe of Carl THE RISE Notworthy

Last edited by Altair on Sat 26 Apr 2008, 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 26 Apr 2008, 3:39 pm

Teary eyed with his message/special thanks...lucky lucky Rachel indeed!!!

And of course, my other passion, the person who supports and helps me through everything - the one I love, Rachel.
aawwww.....
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Floss Sat 26 Apr 2008, 5:22 pm

I am with you Chris, could not wait for JB HI - I went and got the album this morning listening to it now, its fantastic.
Ok well you can never have too many copies of this CD I am sure the signed copy will arrive sometime.

Floss

Female
Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 26 Apr 2008, 5:26 pm

And of course, my other passion, the person who supports and helps me through everything - the one I love, Rachel.

time to get the liquid paper out i think ( hahaha in a muttly dog laugh) just kidding she is one lucky girl though,
i'm happy with the fan dedication though.

well done carl love the album it's great. congrats.
xxx
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 26 Apr 2008, 5:28 pm

I just keep playing it over and over ... such a classy debut from our guy and it's filled my heart with joy. I'm really lost for words atm *sigh*
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Apr 2008, 7:26 pm

After hearing the album maybe 4 times in full at the instore,

I can safely say Smooth Operator is the standout.

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sat 26 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

Oh WOW. Sounds AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to get my signed copy!!!! hopefully it won't take too long!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by cmcrae0 Sat 26 Apr 2008, 11:48 pm

Awesome album. He has done himself proud!! All the tracks are great, but I have to say the arrangement of Waltzing Matilda is amazing!!! Excellent work Carl!!!!!!!
cmcrae0
cmcrae0

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-18

http://www.myspace.com/chrismcrae04 OR www.myspace.com/chrismcra

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 27 Apr 2008, 12:06 am

I'm listening to Smooth Operator at the moment - one of my favourite songs of all time .... gosh, Carl's dulcet tones are to die for *swoon*

Waltzing Matilda - I love it! 6 mins and 29 secs of bliss!
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 27 Apr 2008, 1:00 am

I love it. Simple as that. The whole album is just glorious!!!!! THE RISE Cloud9 I'm heading off to bed with Carl singing gently in my mind....sweet dreams tonight.....
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 27 Apr 2008, 3:05 am

Ambercat: I love it. Simple as that. The whole album is just glorious!!!!! I'm heading off to bed with Carl singing gently in my mind....sweet dreams tonight.....

Ohh look at the time! Off to dreamland for me too. I've loaded up my iclix thingy too. So now can take it with me on our picnic tomorrow.

I just want to join this thread to say how much I adore the album. I played it the first time right through while I cooked dinner and I sang along to every song dancing around my kitchen. I'm loving Smooth Operator, Does anybody really know what time it is, Let's fall in love, Waltzing Matilda (it's so jive), We've only just begun is so beautiful and whilst I profess to not being a Carpenter's fan, how is it that I know every word? I love the Letter, Girl from Ipanema, This Guys in Love, I just adore every track! And when can we lay our hands on the 13th itunes track??? (Heh heh, I'm so glad I've cadged a converter #*!@%%-itunes!!).

I've bought one CD as a gift for a friend which I'm using until my signed one arrives (Hey she agreed to it okay!) but I'll be buying two more to give to two friends when I go to Sydney (if they don't already have them).

And what a great day it has been. I'm so glad I didn't just wait for the JB order to arrive because it's been such a pleasure to listen to it and jump on this forum and read everyone else's reactions too! And then finding Altair's post that he's coming to Perth! It is just surreal.

And you know what? I might just sneak my player to bed with me too, assuming Dearheart is already asleep and I'll have a quiet little listen before sleepy bye byes too . . .
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 27 Apr 2008, 7:46 am

I am sooooooooooo.................................jealous of all you guy's!!!!!!!!!
I have to wait for the mail - that's what you get for living in the 'sticks'. Sad
But I'm sure with all the anticipation and excitment from reading your posts it's going to be 10 times as good for having to wait! :bounce: :lol:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 27 Apr 2008, 11:41 am

I couldn't sleep last night ... it was the Girl From Ipanema's fault! :lol:
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 27 Apr 2008, 12:23 pm

Well worth the wait Goldie! You are going to just love it!

And I think I must have drifted off to sleep listening to it last night Alty . . . but then the wonderful trumpet solo in 'Does anybody really know what time it is' stirred my consciousness and woke me. I just loooooooooooove it. I love Honeyman's trumpet playing.

What do you mean you live in the sticks? I'm going to Brisbane for a few days in May. Hubby will be at a conference so I'm tagging along. I've only ever passed by Brisbane to get to the Gold Coast.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Sun 27 Apr 2008, 12:31 pm

I couldn't be prouder this morning, having listened to Carl's album. THE RISE 554800

The quality I've loved about him the most, struck me the most - his sheer gentleness and refinement of sound. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a fantastic debut album - restrained, easy, upbeat, classy, joyous and so listenable!!
Just writing here, I'm getting all emotional about it. To think a few months ago we were voting for this guy, to keep him in a competition; and now, we have his album sitting in our homes. It's a dream.

Loved every song - loved Carl's trumpet solo; loved James Morrison's solo on Waltzing Matilda and loved John Foreman's piano. But without a doubt it was Carl's honey voice, with the depth of a lovely lower register, that turned me to mush. Tears in the eyes stuff.
They won't be pulling me away from this CD any time soon...
THE RISE 948260
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 27 Apr 2008, 12:35 pm

Yes I know Sensor it is like a dream. Imagine how Carl must feel. He needn't worry about sales I'm sure it's going t be huge! Arias here we come!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Sun 27 Apr 2008, 12:39 pm

How amazing would that be!! A red carpet walk at the Arias!! Woohoo!!
And now, my little signature has come true... I love you
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sun 27 Apr 2008, 6:23 pm

I agree Laser, John Foreman's arrangement of Smooth Operator is amazing. Carl's rendition of the song is excellent. I was a bit scared to listen to Carl's version of this song at first as Sade is one of the best female artist the world have and she's my favourite but Carl just nailed it - he's amazing and did justice to that song. Hurray for Carl :cheers: and hurray for John :cheers:
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 27 Apr 2008, 6:38 pm

OMG. I really really really want my album (I ordered one from JB-HI-Fi!!!) I hope it doesn't take too much longer
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 27 Apr 2008, 7:02 pm

monetgo wrote:

I agree Laser, John Foreman's arrangement of Smooth Operator is amazing. Carl's rendition of the song is excellent. I was a bit scared to listen to Carl's version of this song at first as Sade is one of the best female artist the world have and she's my favourite but Carl just nailed it - he's amazing and did justice to that song. Hurray for Carl :cheers: and hurray for John :cheers:

It's fantastic isn't it? At first I thought "where's the sexy sax, where's the bass" but then woah! I fell in love with it! I'm a huge Sade fan ... I bought her first album as an import - before it was even released in Australia. My husband loves her too ... wait till he hears Smooth Op! :cheers:
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cmcrae0 Mon 28 Apr 2008, 1:24 pm

Smooth Operator is an awesome track and John Foreman is an awsome composer, arranger and pianist. But I have to say that I was blown away by Waltzing Matilda. That big band part, Carl's vocals and James Morrisson's trumpet solo all adds up to an amazing 6 minute track. Tops off what is a very fine album from Australia's own Swing King!!
cmcrae0
cmcrae0

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-18

http://www.myspace.com/chrismcrae04 OR www.myspace.com/chrismcra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 28 Apr 2008, 2:01 pm

I've got it ! I've got it ! I've got it !
Thankyou Australia Post.....
It's fantastic, it's unbelievable, it's inspirational, it's exciting, it's creative, it's inventive, it has vision, it has romance, it has imagination, it has everything that I could have wished for! THE RISE 70413

Get the impression that I'm impressed? :bounce:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Mon 28 Apr 2008, 2:17 pm

^Oh awesome. Did you order yours of Jb Hi-Fi?? I hope I get mine today aswell!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Mon 28 Apr 2008, 4:21 pm

I got mine on Anzac Day from Sanity- I had quite the spend up really- I purchased Carl's album, Damien's (which is absolutely brilliant also, but I am a huge fan of his) and Vanessa's cd single of "Perfect" (I adore that song and am so glad she is back, she, Kate C and Delta are my fave females).

I saw this girl coming out of the shops with a Sanity bag at the Plaza and I thought oh awesome they are open, otherwise I would have rushed into Big W for it. So I went in and there it was, no hanging round just plucked his and Damien's cd's off the shelf. I got Vanessa's elsewhere.

So I have totally lost count now of how many times I have played the cd ( and yes I was playing Damien's also), I was using two sound systems at once.Yay for Sanity for having it in on Friday, you guys there rock.

Now what can I say about the whole album apart from breathtaking. Stupid CA(music critic) in the Herald Sun giving it two stars- all the critics are wrong with the cd reviews on his, D's and K's albums- if you want my honest truthful opinion- all are stunning. Very, very proud of our Aussie music industry right now. All are very deserving of more stars than were given, that is for sure.

What are my standouts though- Smooth Operator, Time After Time, Pure Imagination, Waltzing Matilda. I am not sure about track 4 though, don't get me wrong, I love it, but it doesn't standout for me like the others. Everything else is just plainly and simply- pure bliss.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Mon 28 Apr 2008, 4:33 pm

I tell you what I got totally emotional about was not only his performance on Today show, but when he played the Last Post, I was in tears at the end of the show- very proud tears I might add.

It really struck me too, whilst listening to him play The Last Post, that my late Grandmother would have loved Carl, my nan was a lover of fine music and she would have adored him- I just know deep in my heart that she would have.

If I ever wanted to know something about music- ie name of old song, she knew, now she has gone, it is internet searches or asking lovely people on forums such as this one.

I am very proud having in my cd collection, artists such as Nat King Cole, Perry Como, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra.

After listening to this cd, I immediately thought of another song I truly love, that I think Carl would sing beautifully.

"There's Always Me"

When the evening shadows fall,
And you're wond'ring who to call
For a little company
There's always me

Or if your great romance should end,
And you're lonesome for a friend
Darling, you need never be
There's always me

I don't seem to mind somehow
Playing second fiddle now
Someday you'll want me, dear,
and when that day is here,
Within my arms you'll come to know
Other loves may come and go
But my love for you will be eternally
Look around and you will see
There's always me.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Mon 28 Apr 2008, 5:03 pm

Perfect birthday present to myself- a signed cd signed by Carl in person on Sunday afternoon, what more could a girl want, and such wonderful timeless music to boot. Awesome job Carl, you should be extremely proud of yourself.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 28 Apr 2008, 5:30 pm

hey all yes i to got my 3 copies today in the mail and was amazed to find that they have been personally signed not bulk stamped with he's signature hooray!!! thanks carl for taking the time to sign all the cd's for jb hifi. i am so happy as that is 3 less copies i have to take with me on my next carl adveture, i will just take the 2 copies i have that havn't been signed. this is awesome.
TOOT TOOT!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Mon 28 Apr 2008, 5:33 pm

^Oh that's AWESOME. I really really really want mine. How much longer do you think it will take??
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next