Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE RISE

+14
Elise.
norahs1
Yvonne
sensor
Admin
Angeo
ambercat
cmcrae0
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
Floss
Altair
monetgo
Kris
18 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THE RISE - Page 2 Empty Re: THE RISE

Post by Kris Mon 28 Apr 2008, 5:40 pm

Great to know the cd's have a 'real signature' and not a copy. I finally received my email to say it's been dispatched. Hopefully I can watch Carl personally sign my other cd.
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Mon 28 Apr 2008, 8:39 pm

Glad every one is getting their CDs now ... maybe they had more pre-ordered than was originally anticipated and carl had to rush back in to sign some more Very Happy

My son and I had fun dancing to Let's Fall In Love and Time After Time today :cheers: what a great album I love you
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Mon 28 Apr 2008, 10:38 pm

I was in JB Hi-Fi this afternoon; and as I walked in, I heard a very familiar voice singing all through the store!! They were playing THE RISE and did it sound great, loud!! :cheers:
So I scurried around the place to find the spot where I could hear it best and then just stood there listening, with a silly grin on my face, until a security guard started looking at me funny. :geek:
Then I ambled past the check-out queue and noticed that some of those waiting, were tapping their feet and their hands in time to the music.

Not only does Carl make me happy, but many others too!! Woohoo!!
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Mon 28 Apr 2008, 11:38 pm

I was so frustrated at the general store this morning where we pick up our mail. They hadn't sorted todays mail and I peeked into the huge sack they had on the desk and thought....oh!! my signed cd's probably in there somewhere!!! Sad Oh well...hopefully it'll be there for me tomorrow morning... So it sounds like all of us have just about got the cd now then!!! Very Happy

I love the album more and more every day...my favourites are changing all the time..fav atm is Smooth Operator and The Letter!! I am blown away by Carl's falsetto at the end!!! How cool is that!!!! THE RISE - Page 2 Jump3 I do find tho that altho I love Waltzing Matilda, that I think I like the Idol jazzier version just a little bit better, but that being said, I still love it!!

Yeah...it was the same for me sensor!! When I went into to buy my cd, Lido was blaring out and the girl who served me said they had been playing it all morning!! Very Happy

ps...if anyone would like to wander back to the old Idol forums I have made a thread there about the album... some person called thedude started a thread with some not so nice comments about the cd..you guys remember all those negative posters over there!!! It'd be nice to have a few extra comments in my thread to put this dude back in his place!!! http://www.australianidol.com.au/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=51
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue 29 Apr 2008, 1:28 pm

THE RISE - Page 2 Pmpl <------ me, after reading the dude's dud's post. THE RISE - Page 2 Doof

okay, current faves: Let's Fall In Love, Girl From Ipanema and Smooth Operator ...

the whole albume is THE RISE - Page 2 Tens

Just loving it!
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 29 Apr 2008, 2:43 pm

It depends what kind of mood I am in as to which songs I love the most at any particular time.

For me last night, I just had SO, WM, LFIL and PI on repeat, I only wanted to hear those songs last night. I adore Smooth Operator- I never did before when Sade sang it.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by norahs1 Tue 29 Apr 2008, 4:23 pm

You'd think that after working with Carl for four years, I'd know how good he is ! BUT, I had know idea how amazingly great he is !! I LOVE his debut album ! Today at work, my supervisor had it blaring out of his office. Well done Carl, I'm so happy and proud of you !! Very Happy
norahs1
norahs1

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Tue 29 Apr 2008, 4:30 pm

Okay, have I missed something here????? What a Face

You KNOW Carl? And you've worked with him for four years? Screech!! :cheers:

Norah, you'd better be spilling some beans, before I go completely round the twist!!
sensor
sensor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by norahs1 Tue 29 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

Hey sensor

yeah, I'm in the Navy Band and have had the good fortune to spend my working days in the presence of the lovely Carl. Honestly, he is one of the most genuine, humble, talented and thoughtful guys I've had the good fortune to work with .( oh, and he's pretty easy on the eye, as we all know ! ) Sure isn't the same now that he's gone !
norahs1
norahs1

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Elise. Tue 29 Apr 2008, 6:03 pm

SMOOOOTH OPERATOR!

*ahem*

Im actually loving The Rise! I had my doubts but it is sooooo much better than i expected :)
Elise.
Elise.

Female
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Tue 29 Apr 2008, 6:46 pm

Wow norah!!
What a lovely thing to say about Carl. And you couldn't get much closer than a four-year working relationship to really know someone!! I love you

I guess that's one of the reasons I so loved watching Carl on Idol. Every week he was just himself - a lovely, gentle, genuine guy, who was willing to work hard and learn.

And oh yes, his debut album is gorgeous - just like him!! :cheers:
sensor
sensor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 29 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

Norah! You must be proud of your workmate, and proud to know him. Sounds like your supervisor thinks so too! And what's there to not like about him?

I think we should all cast out any niggling little doubts we may be harbouring about our Honeyman. There's absolutely no going down for The Rise! He just keeps getting better and better!

And deep down inside we all knew he would - otherwise we wouldn't be here on this forum. Right Elise?

SmileyCentral.com

I still haven't got my CD from JB though, so glad I went and bought one on Saturday.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Tue 29 Apr 2008, 7:39 pm

What i did today was changed Carl's pic on his CD cover to his other pics inside and i will do it every week just fold it then i have another handsome face staring at me, at the moment it's the 4th pic from the cover the one where his coat on his shoulder and his black woven hat at the background....oh God...what a picture to die for!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 29 Apr 2008, 9:47 pm

My darling little girls did that too Monet! They even had just his trumpet (his baby) as the cover. When I lent it to a friend the other day it was set to page 4 (love that one too!) when I went to pick the CD up from her she had it back to the cover page - which means she'd had a bit of a flick through. This lady is 60 and she immediately looked at Carl and commented on his looks!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 29 Apr 2008, 10:27 pm

norahs1 wrote:Hey sensor

yeah, I'm in the Navy Band and have had the good fortune to spend my working days in the presence of the lovely Carl. Honestly, he is one of the most genuine, humble, talented and thoughtful guys I've had the good fortune to work with .( oh, and he's pretty easy on the eye, as we all know ! ) Sure isn't the same now that he's gone !
Wow....what a job!! I reckon if I worked with Carl, instead of dragging myself out of bed and not wanting to go to work in the morning, I'd be going in early and loving every minute!! Did you go to Iraq as well Norah? Must have been a very fullfilling but scary experience I think... Did Carl sing a lot in the Navy Band? And I bet he misses all you guys as well!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 29 Apr 2008, 10:33 pm

monetgo wrote:What i did today was changed Carl's pic on his CD cover to his other pics inside and i will do it every week just fold it then i have another handsome face staring at me, at the moment it's the 4th pic from the cover the one where his coat on his shoulder and his black woven hat at the background....oh God...what a picture to die for!
Yeah.... I have the back cover as my front cover at the moment... THE RISE - Page 2 Melting
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 01 May 2008, 10:24 pm

I know we all have our copies of The Rise, but Undercover.com.au have a competition where you can go on and win a copy of the cd.... Their review of the album is a short one, but very positive!! Hopefully if we all go on and enter the competition they will realise that Carl has a good fan base out here!! Here's the site to go to..

http://www.undercover.com.au/Freebie.aspx?id=86
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 01 May 2008, 11:20 pm

Whilst checking the Brisbane citysearch site I found an interesting review of Carl's CD. Have a read if you enjoy reading other's opinions.

http://brisbane.citysearch.com.au/music/viewContent/1119945819829/1137585017542

There's also a 'recommend this' link. So far there are only 2 recommendations (1 mine).
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 01 May 2008, 11:42 pm

Another recommendation added plus a comment! Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Fri 02 May 2008, 6:26 am

"It's easy to imagine him crooning over candle light in your own dining room".

Hell yeah!!!! I love you

And "a masterful voice"... :cheers:

Liking this review, even though there are a couple of negatives...
sensor
sensor

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Fri 02 May 2008, 12:10 pm

I GOT MY COPY (On wednesday)!!!!! and OMG it's absolutely AMAZING. The best album EVER!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayford27 Fri 02 May 2008, 12:26 pm

I'm so excited for everyon who has gotten the cd so far! I pre-ordered mine and still haven't received it. Sad I know I live in America, so it'll take a while, but I hope not much longer! I'm dying to hear it!! haha
Clayford27
Clayford27

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri 02 May 2008, 12:28 pm

I haven't received my copy form JB HI FI yet grrr
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 02 May 2008, 6:10 pm

I got my tickets from oztix today Golds (The Troubadour show) the seats numbers are 70 and 71 (might be in the middle already i don't know) looks like first come first serve basis, anyhoo, i'm so excited so what's the plan? Did you get my pm to you last night?
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 03 May 2008, 1:31 am

Oh I hope you get your CD soon Clayford! It's all there on iTunes now though. Just follow the link from the Carl Riseley website (the shop link) and it takes you there. Plus it has the 13th track! I just listened to it now and I love it! :cheers: It's swingin'!!!!!

But why haven't you got yours yet Kris? C-fan and I live in Perth and we got ours on Wednesday! :confused:
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat 03 May 2008, 9:28 am

I've got it now, it came yesterday arvo. A nice signed copy that I'm never going to listen to...it's just going to sit there on my shelf looking good ;)
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayford27 Sat 03 May 2008, 11:47 am

Angeo wrote:Oh I hope you get your CD soon Clayford! It's all there on iTunes now though. Just follow the link from the Carl Riseley website (the shop link) and it takes you there. Plus it has the 13th track! I just listened to it now and I love it! :cheers: It's swingin'!!!!!

But why haven't you got yours yet Kris? C-fan and I live in Perth and we got ours on Wednesday! :confused:

Thanks Angeo! I hope so too! lol *crosses fingers* I just listened to a couple songs that are on Carl's myspace, everything sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear the entire cd!! :)
Clayford27
Clayford27

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sat 03 May 2008, 11:57 am

So far I'm loving 'Let's Fall in Love' and esp. 'We've only just begun'
They're soooo awesome.
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 03 May 2008, 12:54 pm

I wrote a review on the www.chaos.com.au site a few days back, but unless I am missing something, I have no idea in the world, if it has been posted up or not, I cannot work out where to go to see what I wrote, I know it was all extremely positive (as if it wouldn't be otherwise).

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 03 May 2008, 1:50 pm

Let's Fall In Love is the one I sing even when the CD isn't playing ... I love that song Very Happy
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next