Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Australia Gigs

+13
quat
Altair
Angeo
ambercatsmum
Boo
Treegirl
Admin
monetgo
Kris
snowysilverwolf
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
ambercat
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Empty Re: South Australia Gigs

Post by ambercat Wed 16 Jul 2008, 9:08 pm

I'll try to remember fanatic!!!!! yup That's if we get a chance to meet him... When Carls in front of me though, my mind just goes a blank!!!! Shocked Mum has her camcorder charging - she hasn't used it much so god knows what sort of footage she'll get but hopefully she'll get something!!! giggle
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 17 Jul 2008, 8:54 pm

Just got back from a big day out of shopping and CARL!!!!! snoopy We met him again and mum took vids and we had such a fantastic day!!!! Just off to have a late tea and will be back soon with pics and vids!!! Very Happy and news of Perth as well!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 17 Jul 2008, 11:07 pm

Ok.. mum and me have just figured out how to get the vids onto the computer and I'll get them up onto youtube soon... but in the meantime, here are the pics of Carl and us!!! He was just so lovely, taking time with everyone who stayed to meet him and have photos with him etc.... and it was finally our turn!! I can't believe it but this time, amazingly, I managed to put words together!!!!! giggle Mum and me had bought him a nice pair of cufflinks (I didn't actually know what they were until mum suggested them for a present for him!!! lol!) anyway, we had forgotten to give them to him at The Gov so I sent them off to RCM for him....and when he came out on stage today, he spotted us and said Hello!! and waved to us!! Then when he'd finished singing, he held up his arm and showed us his cufflinks!!! lol!!! anyway...here are the pics and I'll make the next post about some of the stuff we talked about...

signing the pic we had from The Gov...he spent ages looking at it!!! Then wrote, "Love you two!!!!" on it with lots of kisses!!

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Signingagain

mum and Carl....

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Carlandmum1

Carl and me!!! I love you

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Carlandme

One of Carl me and the TRUMPET!!!! trumpet

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Carltrumpet
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 17 Jul 2008, 11:35 pm

We had such a nice chat with Carl today!!! Firstly, we asked him when he was going to go to Perth... and he said he was so sorry he couldnt get over there but with the airfares for him and his band it was just going to be too expensive....but, he has a corporate gig to go to in a couple of months and while they are there, they are going to see if they can do some club shows as well... I don't know if definite dates have been organised, but it sounds hopeful!!!

We asked about the next album. Apparently Ralph Carr is pushing to get another album out before Xmas. I asked if he was writing some songs and how he was going with it and he said it was going really well and sounded so happy and keen about it!!!! He is writing songs with Ashley Lewis, his trombone player and mate... I think one of the songs is called 'Seven' but I can't remember the name of the other one... He said there would be around 4 original songs on the next album!!! woohooo!!!! Good onya Carl!!!

Mum asked if he was living in Melbourne now and he said yes... and he really likes it there as he's close to his management and also John Foreman lives there and it's handy for working and arranging music and they are good mates.... Carl, John and a mate went to the movies the other day and saw Get Smart... he wants to go and see Dark Knight as well...and Hancock.. He obviously loves the movies!!! But he said he misses his mates a lot in Sydney....

Oh and another exciting thing for him!!!! He is going to Los Angeles for a couple of weeks to write songs with someone...not sure who!!! But how cool is that!!! I think he said he's going next week? Cant remember exactly...

Ummm...lets see, what else can I remember? Just before he went onstage today, they had little kids singing songs karaoke style and they had cds made out of them and had pics taken...Rock Star for a Day it was called. Carl asked me if I'd get on stage and sing and he'd watch me!!!! ahahaa!! ummm....no!!!! giggle He said he'd judge me and maybe I'd get a touchdown!!! heehee!!!! Asked if he was going to watch Idol this year and he said Oh yeah!!!

ok...can't remember any more at the moment..if I do, I'll come back and post it!!! It's been such a fantastic day!!!!!!! cloud9 I'll post the videos soon...Carl played Baa Baa Black Sheep and the Chicken Dance for the kids!!! Soooo cute!!!!! lovestruck (see our pics in the post above this one!!)
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 18 Jul 2008, 1:33 am

Wow what a great meeting, I'm almost in tears of joy for you and your mum. My oh my you two really gave him the third degree, picking his brain like that! But he obviously didn't mind. And thanks for finding out about Perth, much appreciated. Hopefully they can arrange other gigs when he does that corporate event here, it's our only chance!!

It sounds like his life is in a constant state of flux! Moving to Melbourne and all these great things in store for him. And he's absolutely thriving with it! Go Carl! trumpet

And lovely pics ladies! You are so photogenic!! Carl too of course. Can't see his cuff links in the pics though. I'd noticed he actually wore shirts with cuff links and thought of getting them as a gift for him myself *peeved*. Did you see Snowy or anyone else there this time Amby?
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 18 Jul 2008, 2:05 am

No, we didn't see anyone else Angeo... I don't think Snowy went as she didn't post in the thread here at all.... It was a bit hard tho as it's a working day today and maybe people couldnt get time off work maybe... Oh well..there'll be other times to meet up I guess... And yes, it was so great actually talking to Carl this time instead of just standing there staring blankly at him like last time!!! giggle He was very chatty...he was like that with everyone though...he spent so much time talking to fans, it was just a super day!!!!

I am sitting here with my eyes out on stalks Shocked waiting for censored youtube to upload a vid!!! I think I might just have to leave it and go to bed... I've had the day off work today and I'm going to be next to useless tomorrow as I've had no sleep!!! hahaha!!!! While I've been waiting I've done some screen caps from the video This guys in love...

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Screencap1

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Screencap2

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Screencap3

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Screencap4
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 18 Jul 2008, 2:15 am

Thanks Ambs. I tell you what I really do like his unruly long hair. Just melts my bones all those little curls. Cute, cute cute!! cloud9
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 18 Jul 2008, 2:21 am

Me toooo! yup I was undecided for a while, but after seeing him today, I've come to the decision that the more hair the better!!!! he looked gorgeous!!!!! cloud9 I wish I'd remembered to tell him that, cos Amanda and I told him the other night that we liked it a bit shorter, but now I've changed my mind!!! giggle
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 18 Jul 2008, 7:04 am

One of the videos has finally uploaded! Love Baa Baa Black Sheep and the Chicken Dance at the end!! (I need a dancing chicken, but a banana will have to do!!! banana2 giggle )

ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Fri 18 Jul 2008, 10:04 am

OMG OMG OMG. That's sooooo exciting Amby. I'm glad you had such a fantastic day!!! you're pics and vids are awesome!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. And thank you even more for asking him about the Perth dates!!! It sounds like he will get over here!!! I can't thank you enough for asking!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 18 Jul 2008, 2:55 pm

waahoo!!! thanks for all the info darl, that's so exciteing about the LA trip and the new album and everything. so glad things are working out for him. and yet another hug but did you get a kiss this time? you better have. great pics to by the way.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 18 Jul 2008, 9:03 pm

This is all just great ambs....i am so full of smiles (not to mention making those incomprehensible giggling aha aha sounds he he he) while reading it, my daughter thought i'm gone luna....great pics and ya did you get your kiss? Good for Carl....4 originals..can't ask for more....L.A.? wooohoooo...you go boy! banana dance snoopy lovestruck cheer Very Happy Thanks heaps ambs!
I like those kinds of microphone.....the old-fashioned classic! And i really do hope that Carl will do a trumpet solo all the way and includes it on his album someday. He's awesome doing that chicken dance trumpet solo! lovestruck
By the way, Stevie W is coming to town i wonder if Carl is going to watch his concert, he wants to meet him right?
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by snowysilverwolf Sat 19 Jul 2008, 11:03 am

Hi all.

Firstly...sorry I've not been around for a while...life gettin in the way and all that.
Secondly, I tried to get the day of on Thursday but couldn't. Very envious of Amby and others!!!

Glad to hear he's working on a new album.
Glad to hear all the other news too!

Oh yeah, I have a new job at last, so hopefully things will settle down for me and I'll get on here more often!

Ciao for now
Snowy
snowysilverwolf
snowysilverwolf

Female
Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat 19 Jul 2008, 11:44 am

Glad you had a great time!! So happy to hear everything is going so smoothly. The photos are great!! Wow Carl's hair really is looking long at the back! My internet connection is very slow so I'll watch the video when I can. Thanks for sharing darl!!!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 19 Jul 2008, 10:35 pm

Yeah that was a cool microphone Monetgo!! Poor Carl did have a bit of a problem with it though at first..it was a bit wobbly...but he did it up tighter and it was fine!! And yes I reckon he'll be going to see Stevie Wonder too..he's one of his heroes I think isn't he!!

Oh Snowy!! Sad I sort of had the feeling you wouldnt be there as you hadn't posted here...but we still kept an eye out for you..we were sitting having coffee before Carl came on, listening to the kids doing their cds...(the same song repeated over and over!! lol!! I reckon High School Musical is a favourite with little kids!! They were so cute!!) and looking around to see if we could spot someone who looked like you... Oh well...lets try again next time!!! Carl said he hoped to be back in a couple of months to Adelaide, so maybe he might come over in September when he's doing his next bit of touring!! Good luck with the new job darl!!!

Oh thats a shame you cant see the vids Kris!! cryer I've managed to get the other two that we recorded onto youtube so here they are!! One of thems a bit shaky..sorry about that!! But you get the idea!! giggle

ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 19 Jul 2008, 10:37 pm

Here's the next one...Lets Fall In Love.... lovestruck (sorry!! we talked a couple of times in this one as well!!! oops!! giggle )

ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Wed 23 Jul 2008, 8:34 pm

Hello all! Just a quick message before Kath comes in and takes over the computer! I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Carl at Westlakes last Thursday! He was a true gentleman, so gracious and kind to everybody who queued up to meet him and his performance on that tiny stage was brilliant! He is improving so much and is looking incredibly relaxed on stage and is really enjoying himself as much as his audience. I'm relieved to see that the videos turned out alright - a little bit wobbly, but they're just watchable! It's always a bit nerve wracking recording as you only get the one chance! Can't wait to see Carl in concert again! Very Happy
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Empty Westminister Adelaide

Post by quat Wed 15 Oct 2008, 10:45 pm

I heard rumours that Carl is playing in Adelaide on Oct 16 with Westminister school at one of their concerts.

quat

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 16 Oct 2008, 12:28 am

That's tomorrow!! No - that's already today for South Australia!!

frantic

Somebody tell Amby!!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quat Thu 16 Oct 2008, 7:13 pm

I can confirm that it is being held at Norwood Concert Hall

quat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 16 Oct 2008, 11:03 pm

cryer Sad Crying or Very sad Missed him........ bananasad Thanks for the news though quat and thanks Angeo for the messages darl even if I did read them too late!!! No
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 17 Oct 2008, 1:14 am

I found this on a search of Carl's name and the concert hall. It's just a comment left on someone's MySpace so who knows where it was advertised! Looks like he got top billing.

9 Oct 2008 04:55 PM
Straighten Up and Fly Right
(With Carl Riseley)
16th October 7pm
Norwood Concert Hall
Adults: $25 Concession: $20
Cabaret Style
(but top seats are now open for those who are too late to organise a table!)
Join us for an evening of swing. Including old music, new music, choirs, bands, and most of all, Carl Riseley (former Australian Idol contestant).
Hope to see you there!!

But honestly, why couldn't he send his top Adelaide fan a simple MySpace message to say it was on? angry

I'd like to give him a good tongue lashing! - and this time I don't mean it in an erotic sense!!!
blackcloud
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 17 Oct 2008, 9:14 am

it's pretty bad when even he's official site can't stay up to date with gig's for Carl. especially when they are in states that he's not a frequent in. i'm confused do they want fans to show up or not?
it's just not good enough are they gonna represent Carl or not?

WE THE FANS DEMAND TO KNOW WHEN ALL CARL GIGS ARE ON AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quat Fri 17 Oct 2008, 7:35 pm

It was a private show for Westminister school. They had a music concert and paid Carl to come along and play with the students. Thats why it probably wasnt on the official site. You would have had to have bought tickets from the school

quat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 17 Oct 2008, 7:41 pm

oh so it was a school appearence and not an actual concert as such well that makes it slightly better then.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 17 Oct 2008, 11:06 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought too.... that it was a private thing where they didnt want masses of the public turning up to which might have meant their school people would have possibly missed out... But hey, like I said to Angeo... I wouldnt have taken up much room!!! crowded giggle

Here is a pic and article I found in todays Advertiser... they love Carl in the Adelaide Confidential section!!!

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Westminsterschool
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 18 Oct 2008, 12:29 am

All is forgiven then :angel2:
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 3 Empty Norwood Hotel, June 4th

Post by ambercat Thu 04 Jun 2009, 12:03 am

Tomorrow's our night here in Adelaide!!!!!! banana dance trumpet snoopy cheer dance3 wooohoooooo!!!!! banana2 banana2 banana2 banana2
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Thu 04 Jun 2009, 9:15 am

WAHOOOOOOOOO. Have so much fun Amby!!!! and if you remember, please say hi from me, and to come to Perth soon. hhehehe. Have a ball!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele 70 Thu 04 Jun 2009, 12:43 pm

how exciting for you enjoy your night.

Michele 70

Female
Number of posts : 39