Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Australia Gigs

+13
quat
Altair
Angeo
ambercatsmum
Boo
Treegirl
Admin
monetgo
Kris
snowysilverwolf
carlfanatic07
amanda-renee
ambercat
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

South Australia Gigs - Page 4 Empty Re: South Australia Gigs

Post by amanda-renee Thu 04 Jun 2009, 3:02 pm

hooray for amby :) you are gonna have such a great night as he's new shows are amazing. take care and we will chat soon :-)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Thu 04 Jun 2009, 4:35 pm

have a great night ambs
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 05 Jun 2009, 2:18 am

Waaahhhooooo!!!!!!! cloud9 dance3 banana dance star trumpet cheer snoopy jump3 Just got back and oh wow we had such an awesome time!!!!!! Carl's show is so much fun and the new songs off the album were soooooo beautiful.... hearts lovestruck hearts The crowd (looked like it was sold out to me... heaps of people there!!) were enjoying every second and were screaming and cheering all night, which was just great as his manager Ralph Carr and the Universal Music people were there as well!! I'll tell you all more about it tomorrow as I'm so tired.. got to head off to bed now... but mum took some vids and a couple of photos which I'll only be able to upload on the weekend as we still haven't got our computer back off my bro and the software for the camera and camcorder are on there.... but mums getting it back tomorrow, so I'll put everything up probably on the weekend.... Going to bed remembering Carl singing Come Away with Me.... *sigh*
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_is_my_man Fri 05 Jun 2009, 12:55 pm

Omg ambs
So jealous Razz
carl_is_my_man
carl_is_my_man

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 07 Jun 2009, 1:59 am

Okay... tomorrow I'm getting the vids onto youtube... but in the meantime, I've posted some pics over in the photo thread... I put them all in here by mistake first! whoops.... Embarassed
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele 70 Sun 07 Jun 2009, 3:58 pm

Go Carl sounds like he played another great gig,sounds like you had a awesome time YAY.Carl sings Come Away With Me just perfect doesnt he. banana dance

Michele 70

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 14 Jun 2009, 1:40 am

Hi Amby wave Wow this was over a week ago now ... have you come back down to earth yet?

Just like Cimm, I am sooooo jealous!

Lot's more gigs to read about. Lot's of photos to see. Now that really gets me green with envy. No
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Jan 2010, 7:10 pm

Carl Will be performing in Elder Park Adelaide on Australia day :)

Adelaide City Council - Australia Day in the City
Tuesday, 26 January 2010

7:00pm - 11:00pm

Elder Park

Mix102.3 is proud to support the Adelaide City Council’s Australia Day in the City Free family Concert starring Vanessa Amorosi – January 26 at Elder Park.

Carl Riseley and James Morrison will be performing live with the head line act Vanessa Amorosi performing before a huge fireworks spectacular at 10pm!

www.adelaidecitycouncil.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 04 Jan 2010, 10:50 pm

Sounds awesome. Wish I could go.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 05 Jan 2010, 9:11 pm

Thanks amanda!!!!! Mum and me are lined up for this one!!!!!! woohooo!!!!!! banana dance trumpet dance3
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 06 Jan 2010, 6:32 pm

a quick youtube promo for the australia day adelaide gig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDjSwOP9mI
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 19 Jan 2010, 5:22 pm

A FREE concert at Elder Park, a barbecue at Prospect’s St Helens Park and Cricket at Adelaide Oval there’s plenty to choose from this Australia Day.
About 20,000 people are expected to fill Elder Park next Tuesday, January 26, for the 7pm bash headlined by pop singer Vanessa Amorosi and jazz sensations James Morrison and Carl Riseley.
The concert will be followed by fireworks at 10pm.
The events tops off the Australia Day Parade, which starts at 6pm in Hindmarsh Square.
The parade includes floats, marching bands and performers Silvi Milans (pictured from left), Roberto Ribeiro and Gugu Buck from the Brazilian Association of SA.
Prospect Council has organised a picnic-style event at St Helen’s Park, Prospect Rd, from 10am.
Families are encouraged to attend the citizenship ceremony and community awards, followed by a barbecue and traditional Australian music by local group Diddychwy.
Cricket fans can enjoy Australia taking on Pakistan in the One Day International at Adelaide Oval from 1.55pm.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 20 Jan 2010, 4:14 pm

A mix of music, sport and fireworks will draw crowds of more than 20,000 to the city to celebrate Australia Day (January 26).
Elder Park will be the focus of the free Australia Day Concert from 7pm, with entertainment by pop singer Vanessa Amorosi and top jazz drawcards James Morrison and Carl Riseley.
Multicultural performers are also involved in the celebrations, including members of the Brazilian Association of SA (pictured) who are taking part in the City Council’s annual street parade.
Roving performers, floats and marching bands will parade through Hindmarsh Square from 6pm before turning onto Pulteney St, North Tce then to Elder Park.
The festivities finish at 10pm with a fireworks show.
Cricket fans can also see Australia take on Pakistan in the One Day International at Adelaide Oval from 1.55pm.
Australia Day Council executive officer Matthew Miles said the Elder Park concert, hosted by the City Council, would be one of the best.
“The news of Carl Riseley and James Morrison performing will bring thousands of people to the city to celebrate what is a truly special day,” he said.
Sections of Pulteney St, North Tce and King William Rd will be closed during the parade.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by quat Sat 23 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

should be good! Parking will be tricky though!

quat

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 27 Jan 2010, 9:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfy28yCPFCg

here is a link to a youtube someone put up of carl singing the national anthem great vocal dodgy photography.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Mar 2010, 8:55 pm

Carl will be performing at the Wings for Life Birthday Ball in Adelaide on May 15.
It's for the royal flying doctors service, and as if it will be open to the public to purchase tickets.
I lurked this on twitter so there's no additional info at this stage

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 26 Mar 2010, 10:00 pm

good lurking jodes heres some more ibfo about it.

RFDS Central Operations

WINGS FOR LIFE 'BIRTHDAY' BALL - ADELAIDE
We have the chance to hold our annual Gala Ball on our actual birthday! Yes, the ‘Flying Doctor’ will turn 82 on May 15 and our birthday party would not be complete without YOU!

You will be greeted with canapés and iconic SA beers and wines and plenty of ‘chat time’ with your friends before sitting down to a lavish dinner, including ‘birthday’ dessert. Switching gear, your dancing shoes will get into full swing when entertainers Carl Riseley and Liz Tobias front the sensational 18-piece Bob Johnson Big Band to help you dance the night away.

WIN $13,500 IN PEARLS!
Lucky Door Prize
Every guest who attends the Ball will automatically go into the draw to take home an exquisite strand of pearls valued at $13,500, thanks to our big-hearted friends at Raw Pearls.

Tickets go on sale 3 April 2010

SATURDAY 15 MAY 2010
6.30PM
ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
LOUNGE SUIT
$175 PER PERSON (PRE-SOLD TICKETS ONLY)

Contact Event Manager:
Crystel Casey
crystel.casey@flyingdoctor.net
08 8238 3333
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 29 Mar 2010, 2:40 pm

Good Morning Amanda-Renee,

Thank you for your email. Our Wings for Life ‘Birthday’ Ball will be held on Saturday, May 15 2010.

Where: Adelaide Entertainment Centre

When: 6:30pm, 15 May 2010

Cost: $175

Dress: Lounge Suit (Formal)

You will be greeted with canapés and iconic SA beers and wines and plenty of ‘chat time’ with your friends before sitting down to a lavish 3 course dinner, including ‘birthday’ dessert. Switching gear, your dancing shoes will get into full swing when entertainers Carl Riseley and Liz Tobias front the sensational 18-piece Bob Johnson Big Band to help you dance the night away.

Every ticket goes into the draw to win the Lucky Door Prize of an exquisite strand of pearls valued at $13,500 thanks to our big-hearted friends at Raw Pearls.

Carl is set to play for about 2 x 45 minutes sets.

Tickets are on sale 3 April.

To purchase tickets please call 08 8238 3333 or you will be able to purchase online from 3 April.

http://www.flyingdoctor.org.au/News--Events/Events/?ItemID=35&count=1

Kindest regards

Crystel

Crystel Casey
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:09 am

Flying doctor to celebrate 82 years
18 Apr, 2010 04:00 AM
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia will turn 82 on Saturday, May 15, and will celebrate the day with a "Wings for Life" Gala Ball at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
Heading the long list of entertainment for the night will be Australian Idol finalist Carl Riseley and amazing female vocalist Liz Tobias, who will both perform with the backing of the 18-piece Bob Johnson Big Band.

"It's not very often that you get the opportunity to celebrate your birthday on Saturday, so we thought why not turn our annual Adelaide ball into one great big party," said General Manager of Marketing & Public Relations for RFDS Central Operations, Charlie Paterson.

RFDS Ambassador Kelly Nestor will MC the night and SA beers and wines donated by Coopers and Jacob's Creek will help wash down a three-course meal.

Tickets are now on sale.

* Details: www.flyingdoctor.org.au
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 May 2010, 10:16 am

Here is Jodie and Amanda's combined AdelaideAirportNetCafe review of the RFDS Ball last night.

The day began early for both of us, with our flight leaving Sydney at the bright, early time of 6.30am. The flight was uneventful apart from the ladyboy, who we're still a LITTLE confused about.

We checked into our hotel, had a nap, and decided a trip to Rundle Mall was on the cards. We were cruising through the mall, when who should Jodie spot, bar Ryan, casually walking next to Mr Riseley. We stopped and said hi, and had a quick chat about where they staying (The rich b*tch hotel), and about how excited Carl seemed for the show, and to play with a big band. Carl's phone rang, with a blocked number, Jodie told him it was her calling...he believed her....til he answered the call, and found out it was his health club hahah! We said goodbye, and continued our trip through the mall. We visited Augusta the pig, who Amanda was VERY disappointed to discover was not a REAL pig, but a statue of a pig....(why would there be pigs in Rundle Mall? - Jodie). We carried on to Target for some "Essentials" shopping...(IE; hollywood tape and chicken fillets!) before making a pit stop at the convience store for some Snack foods...and lunch.

Amanda went to visit her relatives, Jodie slept some more, before getting ready for the RFDS Wings For Life Birthday Ball. Getting ready involved a LOT of fussing over Jodie's hair, a last minute dress change by Amanda, and LOTS of complaints about walking in high heels.

We caught a taxi to the venue and realised that we were in fact, VERY early (Amanda never changed her phone from NSW time!!!!!) But, we stuck around, and admired the roof of the Entertainment centre, and Jodie attempted to climb the giant star out the front - minus her shoes, and in a dress.

Eventually doors opened and we were let into the Auditorium, we were seated in the second row of tables, on the far right, with a perfect view of the stage, as well as of certain people walking past our tables (If you catch my drift...). Dinner was uneventful and not very tasty, but, with free wine, beer and softdrink, we weren't complaining. We decided we'd do the right thing, and contribute $20 to the lucky dip thing, and both won bottles of wine, which we left on our table...for the drunks surrounding us. As we were walking to do this, who should we bump into but Mr Riseley, once again, who apparently was looking for us, after reading Jodie's tweets about where we were, and to come dance. (Jodie's big mistake number 1). He decided he was going to buy a lucky tip do, and he disappeared, and came back with Ryan in toe. Ryan was wearing "half a suit", and his wedding shoes, which were, sneakers. We decided to head back to the table and enjoy the big band who were playing with a lady named Liz Tobias.

Later on, when Amanda was filling out raffle tickets, we noticed Carl was dancing on the dance floor with a young lady, then began dancing on his own, much like one would expect to see in the middle of a mosh pit. So, Jodie grew some balls, and went up, and asked the handsome young man to dance.
And what a dance it was. Have you ever seen Peter Garrett dance? Thats about the only thing we can liken it too, just with a bit more coordination, and a lot less baldness. Jodie was a bit worried, as when she was actually dancing with Carl, and he spun her, her dress may have flown up. (Jodies big mistake number 2. NEVER WEAR A DRESS).

Some Cougar approached both of us and two other girls we were dancing with, commenting that there was a "fine young gentleman" we could dance with rather than ourselves, but before we could bring him into our little circle, an even older lady, commented to Carl that we did not know how to dance to this music, because its "old" music. So what does Amanda do? She steals this ladys older, distinguished husband, and dances with him, including, twirls, and spins, but no dips!! She also danced with this old lady, and I think showed her that she DOES indeed know how to dance to this music. Amanda; 1 Old lady; 0.

We went back to our table and were hassled by the other people sitting with us. They were under the impression we were "stalkers" and were constantly asking inappropriate questions about Carl's personal life, hotel rooms, and whether we sit outside his house. Apart from this, the people on our table were lovely, except I was a little worried the girl in the white dress, was going to flash part of her body to us, her dress was that revealing.

Carl came through the crowd, and had everybody up dancing by the end of the first song. We have the set list, we'll take photos of it for you later. It was so refreshing to see Carl so relaxed, and having such an obviously good time on stage. He played 2 sets, finishing around midnight, when they started ushering everybody out of the room. We had been told by Ryan previously to stick around because Carl had something he wanted to tell us. So we did. We told about 5 security guards that Ryan and Carl had told us to stay, and they were starting to get VERY shirty when we were the last people in the room, apart from the staff (May I add, there was a VERY attractive waiter, who happened to be cleaning up broken glass at our table...maybe I should have gotten his number...Jodie). Ryan and Carl came back out and we explained that we were about to be booted, but the problem was, we were actually sharing a taxi with them back to the hotels (Which were about 200m apart), and couldn't leave til they did. So, Ryan and Carl took us back to his dressing room to wait for the taxi to arrive, and so Mr Riseley could spend about 15 minutes getting his stuff together (He is worse than a woman!!!) Amanda stole his dressing room sign, and we left.

The taxi ride was perhaps the funniest thing that has happened to us in a while. We were subjected to Carl's stories about $34.50 "Dorras" and about the ladyboys in Redfern at some Thai restaurant. Ryan assured us that Carl may not be drunk, but simply delirious, and also referred to him as the Cadbury Kid (Glass and a half and you're gone!). The taxi driver, who had already been asked if he knew any ladyboys, sushed Carl, but all it did was turn him a little bit more serious, asking Jodie if she was eating vegetables (oops...).

So, we arrived at Carl's hotel, and Carl was too busy talking to this poor taxi driver, so it was left to Jodie and Ryan to unload the boot (Full of CARL'S stuff might I add...) and move everything inside, helped by everybody bar the person who actually owned the stuff. Carl FINALLY emerged from the taxi, and started a conversation with two elderly couples who were waiting to get in our cab. He was telling them how great the band was tonight, but they were completely oblivious to who he was, so it was just really amusing for us.

We moved into the lobby and sat down at some tables (Last time Jodie was in this particular hotel, she wasn't allowed into her friends room...so she is well acquainted with these tables!!), Ryan decided it was past him bed time, so he disappeared off to his room leaving us with Carl, after giving Carl a stern reminder NOT to cause any mischief. Needless to say, we decided these warnings didn't cover us, but probably should have.

He told us what he needed to tell us, and then we were just having a bit of a chat about what had been happening. He yet again enquired as to whether Amanda was engaged, to which she smartly responded "It's not likely to happen, unless you propose to me". To which, he just stared, a little lost. We showed him the video on Jodie's phone that someone has put on youtube using the video of Carl performing the Last Post, but dubbed with a REALLY bad version somebody else has done. He found this absolutly hilarious, and watched it twice...then watched himself actually performing the last post. (Lucky Jodie has 1gb internet data per month on her phone!!).

About 45 minutes after we arrived, Carl decided it was his bed time, so we quickly got photos, and autographs etc etc and left back for our hotel. We arrived back at about 2.20am, and decided it was the latest we'd stayed out after ANY Carl gig so far, and by far the funniest gig we've attended.

We got back to the hotel room, laughed at some of Carl's stories, and the nights events, before retiring to bed, rising early to head to the airport to write this review. Morning consisted of, again retelling the stories, and recounting them to Jodie's mother, who the humour was lost on, guess you had to be there, but we're both laughing as we type this now...

So now, I think we'll end this here, if you read it all you're a champ - it's a bit of an essay. Photos to come once we get home!!

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 16 May 2010, 8:11 pm

here is the link to the story carl was going on about in the cab regaurding the $34.50 dorrahs haha hellarious but carl's cab version was much funnier/ random.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOUOWYmpRes
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4