Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIC gigs

+8
Angeo
amanda-renee
carlfanatic07
ambercatsmum
Yvonne
emjay
Floss
ambercat
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

VIC gigs - Page 2 Empty Re: VIC gigs

Post by wendyyriseley30 Sun 14 Jun 2009, 3:11 pm

Amannnnnnnnnnndaaaaaaaaaa :)

I was pretty calm wasnt i Razz lol
If he sang "The way you are tonight" I woulda cried !!
I almost almost cried when he sang "Arms of a woman" But i didnt :):)

It was soo good -

Are you going to put any of them videos on youtube or anything?

:O

Did you get the bit where me and carl were singing that bit in Its alright with me??

xxo
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-10

http://www.myspace.com/wendiierobbins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2009, 5:50 pm

Just thought I'd stop in to say hey.

Having an awesome time :)

Carls mum is a lovely lady, and I'm officially adopting Monty k?

But, it's been great to meet Wendy and Christine and Monty!!!

Last show tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 15 Jun 2009, 1:03 am

This is just so absolutely awesome! I'm nearly in tears imagining what it must be like being Carl's mum watching him perform with his excited fans all there - she must be so proud!! Good on her for trying to outmatch your screaming Amanda (yes! Mum! You go girl! cheer ). And she's obviously an intelligent, astute woman because she is so right - you are lovely Amanda . hug

So happy to hear you about each of your special moments Amanda, Wendy and Jodie - and Monty too!!. Looking forward to hearing the next installment!

banana dance
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2009, 1:13 am

just got back to the hotel after tonights show.

For me, it was my favourite show of the tour.

He sang happy birthday to me -on his knees in front of me for part of it, and i got another dance, which concluded with a 'happy birthday baby' muttered in my ear.

Best of all, it was all caught on video this time :)

Bit sad tours over, but i realise how lucky i have been to have been able to see him so many times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 15 Jun 2009, 1:42 am

Oh you're so lucky. I'm so jealous!!! It's driving me crazy!

I'm going to have to quit this vicarious life of Carl-fan voyeurism. It's just not healthy for me anymore. One minute I'm on the computer grinning like a Cheshire cat reading about everyone's exciting times with Carl at his gigs. Then I'm deep in morose, jealous, self-acrimonious depression. Because these things can never happen to me and it's really no fun being a fan from afar. But don't worry I'll be back here reading the reviews because I'm addicted. Maybe not as often as I'd like but I'll be back. I might even start reviewing the reviews since I've no opportunity to write one of my own.

Looking forward to seeing the videos. Very Happy
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 15 Jun 2009, 3:45 pm

hey guys home sweet home, what a fantastic weekend but i'm so sad it's all over i litrally did not want to let go of carl last night when i gave him he's hug goodbye i even said to him i don't wanna let go, and i also done a lot of staring into space as i honestly thought i was gonna cry at any second staring into them gorgous brown eyes so i avoided eye contact as much as possible. i really don't think he know the full extent of how hard it is to walk away from him. but yes a truely amazing weekend
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 15 Jun 2009, 3:46 pm

p.s he sang home for us after the show when we were chatting to him *sigh* i was in love all over again
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2009, 3:53 pm

Hahahahahahh

oh so good.

This weekend was oh so amazingly fun as I have already said lol..

I've forgotten so much, so I can't write a full review.

Can't wait for the DVD footage of Carl singing the very overdramatic Happy Birthday to me lol.

I'm glad to be home but, as much as I don't like Sydney haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jun 2009, 5:15 pm

Tour finished last night, so at this stage no.

I'll probably end up at one or two of the Kate Ceberano gigs though!!!

Back to top Go down

VIC gigs - Page 2 Empty Bennetts Lane

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2009, 7:48 pm

Hey Guys,

According to the Bennetts Lane website, Carl will be doing 2 shows there, October 30th, and 31st.

Needless to say, I'll be there with bells on Very Happy

Back to top Go down

VIC gigs - Page 2 Empty Bennetts lane oct 30

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2009, 12:58 am

Sitting in the hotel room with Amanda and her mum, rewatchijg the gig video.

Tonight was so much fun, Carl did a completely revamped set, with a few new originals, one of which I think is an absolute corker.
As well as some rnb, Acdc and a few duets.

Full report later Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 31 Oct 2009, 8:27 am

OMG!!! all i can say is last night was unlike ny carl we have ever seen it had everything from jazz to r&B kool and the gangs "ladies night", to rock ugly ( an original) , to gospal ( westy singing happy graduation day to you to a mate of theirs who has retired from the navy after 13 years,

we had male trio's carl, ash and westy , duets carl and ash and solo's not to mention a very taleneted female singer who helped carl with 2 duets.

we had special guests in the form of andrew hanshe , and the guy leaving the navy mr david? spoiner ? i think that was he's name playing trumpet and sax for lido and the letter.

also we heard some awesome originals one of which is my new favourite song called pebbles and stones, i was in tears the entire way through it. thankyou both to carl and ash so very very much for bringing your humilty, charm and honesty to the lyrics of a beautiful song. LOVE IT!!!! can't wait for this new album.

there was plenty of norty corner started by me that once again jodes got blamed for (sorry jodes) hehe, carl asked at the start of basin strett blues where he's horn was to which i casually but loudly reply "such a loaded question"to which h told us to behave hehe.

carl done nothing to help dispel any bromance ideas as he continually danced and rubbed up against ash, aaron and andrew at stages throughout the gig as well as the whole undoing the jacket towards each others dance thing they do.

even christine/ monty's mum got a scerinade tonight and she was embarressed but excited

totally awesome night and if you can get to an upcoming show when the next tour is announced please try to as the feeling you get at a carl gig can't truelly be described in word's on a forum.

ok all the positives out of the way this is my few negatives and things i would change if i had setlist/ lighting power

* i would cut out does anybody really know what time it is? and replace it ith the way you are tonight.

* i would cut out mr watermelon man and either stick with caravan or do feels so good again.

* as much as carl loves magnolia i would cut that and put all of me back in there as i feel that it is a carl come out and dance and interact with the crowd trademark dance and should really be there. ( no dancing last night and past fans would have been disapointed even if it was them who didn't get the dance the thrill of him being out and dancing with various crowd members is a great one.)

* the original ugly they performed needs the guitar to be turned down just a bit so that the lyrics are louder as it was getting bit distorted with the distorsion guitar background music.

* the lighting will they never get it right CARL HAS SENSITIVE EYES!!!!! PLEASE TURN THE SPOTLIGHT OF BEING DIRECT IN HE'S FACE AND SPOT HIM FROM THE SIDES!!!! it is so sad because carl has the most amazing eyes and you rarely see them as the light is in them so he closes them grrrr so frustrating.

fix these things and the show would be 100% off the chain hehe.

GREAT SHOW BABE EXCELLENT!!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 31 Oct 2009, 7:03 pm

Great review Amanda. You've missed your true vocation there! But Carl will absolutely NOT cut out Magnolia and Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is because they are my two favourites. But it would be good to hear Feels So Good again and All of Me also, love that.

You'd think BL would have the lighting sorted by now as it's his home territory really.

Does he sneak around sitting amongst the audience after the first set? Love how he did that at The Ellington. giggle
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Oct 2009, 9:11 pm

He came into the crwd to watch Aaron sing, but that was it :)
currently at the front for show 2 yay!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Nov 2009, 10:54 pm

CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY Video Hits co-hosts Fuzzy and Hayden introduce Kate Ceberano, Ricki Lee Coulter, Carl Riseley and more.
City Square, Corner Swanston and Collins sts, city. Fri 6.30pm. Free.

This is this Friday, the 13th :) HOpe some Melbourne guys can make it along - Anth may be there too I suppose haha.

I saw another site saying "Karl Risner" so I'm assuming it is Carl, adn they just made a typo.

Trying to find out on twitter for sure if its Carl haha :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Nov 2009, 10:26 pm

According to Aaron McCullough's Myspace, Carl is also doing the following carols:

6 Dec 2009 8:00 P
Christmas Carols @ Broadmedows w/Carl Riseley Melbourne, Victoria
12 Dec 2009 8:00 P
Christmas Carols @ Docklands w/Carl Riseley Melbourne, Victori

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 13 Nov 2009, 11:07 am

12 December - My birthday - had I known I'd have treated myself to a trip to Melbourne. Instead I'll be negotiating waterslides at a work Christmas party at Adventure World.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Nov 2009, 9:16 am

Oh angeo, I'm th8inking of venturing to the 12th ones, provided I can get some more concrete information about it.

If only you could make it lol Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 14 Nov 2009, 3:14 pm

So do I Jodes! It would be a lot more pleasurable than exposing my body in my bikini and slapping off mosquitos! Hope you do manage to make it. Knowing you, you'll find a way! Very Happy
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by wendyyriseley30 Wed 18 Nov 2009, 8:34 pm

im going 12th!
no matter what the parentals say!
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2009, 5:10 pm

That one doesn't actualy exist Wendy, I contacted the council, the carols are the 10rh an they've no knowledge of Carl performing unfortunately Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by wendyyriseley30 Thu 19 Nov 2009, 9:17 pm

what do you meann :O
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2009, 9:53 pm

Docklands council emailed me and said their carols are the 10th not 12th and to their knowledge Carl isn't performing at all.
So I'm not too sure what's going on and carl didn't respond when we asked on Twitter lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:13 pm

Carols by Candlelight Printer Friendly

Community comes together for Carols by Candlelight 6 December
Carols by Candlelight 2009Hume City Council invites residents to experience an extraordinary evening of music at the 2009 Carols by Candlelight at Broadmeadows Town Park on Sunday 6 December at 7.30pm. The night will showcase many musical styles including gospel, opera, jazz, contemporary and classical, performed by amazing singers, dancers and musicians.

Crowds will be entertained by special guest artists: Australian Idol winner Natalie Gauci, Australia’s King of Swing Carl Riseley and the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra strings ensemble as well as a host of wonderful talent from the Hume community.

Schools of Hume will join in a mass choir procession by candlelight featuring 200 to 300 students. Hume Talent Search finalists will sing, along with opera divas Robyn Mills and Annie Porter, powerful tenor Romain and Hume Performing Arts dancers.

Children will also be entertained by Rhythm Island, who will liven up the stage with their rhythms, dance and actions.

Hume Mayor, Cr Jack Ogilvie said “The 2009 Carols by Candlelight will be a night to remember with amazing performers and entertainment. Come along, bring your family and enjoy a night of fun under the stars.”

Carols by Candlelight would not be complete with a visit from Santa, who will arrive in a horse-drawn carriage joined by two Richmond Football Club players.

Back to top Go down

Post by wendyyriseley30 Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:16 pm

so Carl will be at that? on that night?
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:27 pm

Yep that ones definite :)

I got that from the councils website

Back to top Go down

Post by wendyyriseley30 Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:29 pm

ohh i cant go to that one - because im singing at our church carols that night Sad
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:33 pm

Sad Sad

I'm trying to find out anythihng else he may be at - He's apparently at the big Xmas Eve carols at the Myer bowl

Back to top Go down

Post by wendyyriseley30 Sun 22 Nov 2009, 7:34 pm

i cant go to that one either because im singign at church that night! loll!
hes avoiding me loll
wendyyriseley30
wendyyriseley30

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 05 Dec 2009, 12:44 pm

carl was at swantston street shopping complex in melbourne wrapping gifts today for the starlight charity here is the link for a twitpic of him at the event :-)

http://twitpic.com/s63yy
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next