Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIC gigs

+8
Angeo
amanda-renee
carlfanatic07
ambercatsmum
Yvonne
emjay
Floss
ambercat
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

VIC gigs - Page 3 Empty Re: VIC gigs

Post by amanda-renee Sat 05 Dec 2009, 12:45 pm

just noticed it looks like he drew a trumpet on the inside of the wrapping paper *sigh* how cute xoxo
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 10 Dec 2009, 3:01 am

Yeh I noticed that :)
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 21 Dec 2009, 4:38 pm

carl is supporting kate ceberano at the twillight gig at melbournes zoo january 16th 2010 follow the link for tickets.
http://www.zoo.org.au/Melbourne/Twilights
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 25 Dec 2009, 5:58 pm

That's good news but I bet you wish it was Taronga again dontcha Mands
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 13 Jan 2010, 3:53 pm

carl at bennetts lane 12, 13, and 14th feburuary ( HAPPY VALENTINES DAY) hope you can make it i am so there. :-)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Wed 13 Jan 2010, 5:13 pm

here's the link for tickets guys http://www.moshtix.com.au/Search.aspx?s=0&q=carl%20riseley&c=&v=0&p=0&from=20100113&to=20110113
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 14 Jan 2010, 1:50 am

amanda-renee wrote:carl at bennetts lane 12, 13, and 14th feburuary ( HAPPY VALENTINES DAY) hope you can make it i am so there. :-)

Heart lurches then constricts in agonising disappointment. Once again Mr Riseley evades me. I won't be in Melbourne until 23 Feb. Going to see Mama Mia with some rellos visiting from Bonnie Scotland on 24. so just for your info Carl, 23rd and 25th Feb are two nights I'd be able to come see you.

Valentines Day with heart-throbbing handsome gorgeous Carl in the flesh hearts hearts thud oh just the thought of being able to touch him on the night of love - oh you are so lucky Amanda, Jodie, Wendy, Monty/Christine - you'll all be going I bet cloud9 Sad jealous
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Thu 14 Jan 2010, 4:03 pm

poor angeo but i'm sorry if you can make time and effort to fly to melbourne to see mamma mia but not fly over specifically for a 3 day weekend with Carl you are seriously not in the right head or heart space, seriously angeo what are you doing girlfriend? get your priorities right woman hehe.

yes it's official i will be there for all three nights however i have to admit being that it is the weekend of love i am somewhat nervous that a certain honeyman may use that opportunity to pop the question to a certain girlfriend of nearly 3.5 years. in which case i will extreamly happy for them but feel i may be unable to hide my sheer disapointement that a dream has come to an end and i feel there would be tears with a possible exit stage right ( i don't think i'd handle it to well )

rumour has it they have confirmed the melbourne jazz festival line up also i seen kate ceberano's name as a definate but no carl yet? however carl and kate are like 2 peas in a pod so i'm assuming he will be part of it and i think that that takes place at the end of february so you may get your wish angeo i will keep you posted when i hear anything concrete.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 14 Jan 2010, 11:57 pm

Well Amanda my dear if Carl would only announce his gigs half a year in advance I might have a chance. One month just isn't sufficient to work out how the dickens kids, husband and pets will manage without me for a few days.

You wouldn't be the only female devastated if Carl made the dreaded announcement. affraid
Well if he doesn't announce it until actual Valentine's day at least you would have had 2 full carefree nights of uninhibited total devoted Carl-lovin'. If I were you I'd go at it hard for those first two nights (damn how I wish I'd been more persistent in stealing a smooch). Hopefully he'll delay it to the last song of the night. But if he announces it at the start of the gig I'd be demanding my money back and walk out. frantic

The jazz festival will no doubt be on the weekend after I've gone. blackcloud
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 15 Jan 2010, 4:51 am

im heaing you about the short notice i put in for annual leave for the friday and monday from work but got knocked back as we already have the quota of people off for them 2 days but i said im going anyway so i have to take the 2 days off at own expence but it's a small price to pay to see my honeyman Carl.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanne Smith Tue 19 Jan 2010, 11:26 pm

Hi All,

Went to see Carl as a support act to Kate C last saturday at the Melbourne Zoo twilight............ It was just him and his guitarist Jack playing. It was an excellent night out in the open.............Carl even gave me a "Hi Leanne" mid song which was like......awesome that me rememberede my name. I have some pics but I haven't worked out how to get them on here so I'll put them in the Pic with fan folder in the gallery. Hope to see some of you all at Bennett's 12, 13 & 14 Feb. [/url]
Leanne Smith
Leanne Smith

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 24 Jan 2010, 3:23 am

Thanks Leanne wow you are so lucky Carl calling out to you like that mid performance. I can't imagine him every doing that to me. We see him so little in Perth I have to reintroduce myself each time. And you're going to all 3 at Bennetts too! It just rips my heart out that my visits to Melbourne never coincide with a Carl concert and you get to go to 3 in a row!

Can't wait to see your photos. Once you have them uploaded to your Photobucket or Servimg or whatever image server you have an account with, you just copy the image code and paste it into your post.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:07 pm

hey guys just recieved this email :-(

Dear Carl Riseley fans,
we regret to inform you that Carl Riseley's Management have decided to cancel the performance on Friday the 12th of February. We were wondering if you would like us
to refund your tickets to this performance or transfer them to one of his other performances (Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th). If we have not heard from you in the next few days, we will refund the ticket automatically within 5 days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding,
Megg Evans
Bennetts Lane Jazz Club
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2010, 7:22 pm

Devo'd hey.

Especially when they're gonna refund the money onto a now closed Visa card hahaha.

Oh well! At least we still get Saturday and Sunday lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 02 Feb 2010, 1:35 pm

Sorry to hear that guys. Especially Amanda taking leave w/o pay to get the time off work. He'd better do bloody brilliant shows 13th and 14th to make it up to you!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Michele 70 Mon 08 Feb 2010, 9:25 pm

Well that sucks for you guys ,but hey he doing valentines day how special will that be.I want some NSW shows Im having major Carl withdrawals

Michele 70

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 16 Feb 2010, 7:54 pm

Where are all the reviews for 13 and 14 Feb? C'mon folks you've had time to come back down to earth by now surely!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2010, 11:57 pm

So, as most of you know, I was pretty lucky to even make it to Melbourne.
But anyways,

Amanda and I rocked up to Bennetts Lane about 6pm on Saturday, and naturally, we were the first ones there.
We could hear Carl soundchecking, so we listened in, getting excited when we heard songs we'd been wanting to here.
Eventually, Carl and Ashley left to get food or whatever, Amanda and I both said hi to Carl, but he walked straight past us. I was a little puzzled by this, til he turned around and went "ahhhhh".
Hellos were said, hugs and kisses were dished out, and then we were left to continue waiting.
Once doors opened, we were the first in, and had a table reserved for "regulars". (Meg, the Bennetts Lane owner, even kicked Carls support act, Holly Weinert, out of the table for us)
There was quite a long wait before Holly took the stage, and I'm not to sure what to make of her. She has a great voice, but it wasn't really my kind of music.
Another massive break ensued, before Carl and his band finally took the stage, to perform one marathon nearly 2 hour set.
He performed a lot of songs from The Rise album, as well as Hello Dolly, Basin St, Bourbon St Parade, Minnie The Mermaid and Got To Get You Into My Life, as well as the orginals, Pebbles and Stones, and Two Friends (Evening Tea)
About 5 songs in, Carl gave a little speech about the forum, before playing The Way You Are Tonight for us. He also played Smooth Operator for us (who asked for that??)
He also played an original of Aaron West's, aptly titled "No". It's a definite number one hit in the making.
After the show, we sat around and waited til last, as per usual. Ashley came and joined us at the table, and we discussed all things social networking, and flying. He said he'd take me flying once he gets his passenger license haha :)
Eventually Carl finished talking to Wendy, Monty, Christine and Leanne, and he came and joined us at our table. We chatted for a bit before taking photos and the usual. Amanda and ma went back to talking to Ashley, whilst Carl and myself had a bit of a lengthy chat about how I hadn't been well, and how things were going Re: Universal and the like. The subject of Pebbles and Stones came up, and I mentioned how it had made me cry, but I was determined for him not to see. So what does he do, he broadcasts it to Ash haha. Not that I really minded - it is a pretty mind blowing song for me. Carl signed on of his postcards things for me, stating "Jodie Darling, baby you will be fine"
Eventually, poor Ryan appeared, he looked absolutely shattered (mind you, it was probably about 2am by this point) so we decided to head back to the hotel. We said our goodbyes, ready for a nice long sleep (not with Chinese new year happening a block away!) and eagerly anticipating the next nights show.

The next night, we arrived at a similar time, after Carl had told me the night before that Sunday's show would start earlier. We were armed with Roses galore, and Amanda was wearing her blood red valentines dress, ready for a night of er...romance?
The ever so lovely, Meg, brought us some chairs to sit on, so we didn't have to sit on the ground in that alley way. We entertained ourselves by rewriting Carl's songs to be about the sewerage guy who rocked up to the apartment block next door.
We were let in the same time as the night before, and had the same table, however this time, Holly started earlier, and her set was shorter.
Carl played the same set as the night before, however he had Ben Edgar in his band (guitarist) this time. I really rate Ben, he seems so lovely, and he is an amazing guitarist.
Carl talked about the forum again, even giving the address a shout out (he did get it wrong, but I corrected him...loud enough for the whole room to hear), so hopefully some people from the gig will come check it out.
Tonights crowd was a lot smaller, but we still waited til last for the signing, Ash came and joined us at our table across the room from the signing, wished us all happy valentines, and discussed Carl's previous love for the Krispy Kreme in Penrith (thats my neck of the woods haha).
Carl finished signing and came and joined our table again. I gave him a yellow rose, which symbolises friendship and support as opposed to romance.
He said that he'd been thinking about me during that day, and had some ideas about food for me to eat, so we had another lengthy discussion about food, and just me in general, and how I'd been feeling lately. It's no big secret these past few months have been REALLY hard for me for a whole range of reasons, and we chatted about that a bit. I'm not going to go into too much detail cos it was a little personal (sorry), but I ended up getting a little bit upset, he noticed, and pulled me into one of his massive bear hugs.
By now, I'd spent more than enough time hogging the man, so Amanda and Ma had their turn to give gifts and the like. Carl told a very lame joke about Ashley blowing the s*** out of a trumpet haha, and we got photos, before Amanda went to give roses to the other band members.
I got a photo with Carl, and we were looking at it on my camera, and he declared that his boobs looked good, I laughed, so he told me to feel his boobs. I was quite puzzled and not too sure how to take it...but he was serious, so I felt those pecs. Then he offered up his arm muscles, and his back muscles. He is a very fit man under that suit, solid as a rock. Amanda returned, and she had a turn of feeling his boobs and arm muscles.
We started to wind up the night, and the topic of conversation got back to me. Carl will be a self help guru in his next life, I'm sure of it. He said he enjoys when we go to shows, because he knows if the crowd isn't very reponsive, he can focus on us, because we always will be putting in and getting in to it.
We said our final goodbyes, and left.

It was seriously one of the best weekends of my life, and I can't thank Carl enough for all his concern, and advice - he even followed me on Twitter so I could DM him about my test results. He is remarkable.

Sorry it's not tooooo detailed, a bit of bad news in the family, I'm just writing this when I've got a spare 5 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 17 Feb 2010, 1:18 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that Jodie. I've read your tweet and heard your sorrowful family news. Very sorry to hear it, it's a sad time for you right after your memorable weekend. So thanks again lovie. It's a beautiful in-depth review and it has given us more insight to Carl and his positive nature and his ability to pass his positive outlook to others. And the symbol of friendship was a lovely gesture from you. I'd settle for just that - friendship with Carl Riseley (or would I?).

Thanks again Jodes hug
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2010, 2:05 pm

These are some photos from Melbourne Zoo taken by the lovely Leanne that were posted into the gallery section of this site.

VIC gigs - Page 3 Carl__12
VIC gigs - Page 3 Melb_z10

...I think he looks smokin dressed like that haha

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 19 Feb 2010, 2:43 pm

sexual ahhhh like in smooth operator you can even see the clevage from he's pecks. as if carl isn't the most gorgous, amazing, good looking, talented , sweetest person on the planet. he truely is my everything honestly they are just smoking hot photo's and he should definately do more gigs dressed just like that, unbottoned shirt's from now on are a must. loving it. thanks leanne and jodie.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2010, 2:51 pm

I love your use of the word "cleavage" hahahahah.

Shirtless gigs even Amanda?

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Fri 19 Feb 2010, 3:15 pm

hey works for me, nah i like leaving a bit to the imagination pure or otherwise hehe but the looks stunning in that outfit and i am hella jealous for not being there to see him in the flesh dressed like that. *sigh* so freaking amazing.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 20 Feb 2010, 1:43 am

What a drop-dead stunningly gorgeous man Carl is! I just about swooned seeing these pics!

I so-o-o-o miss seeing Carl in open neck shirts....but maybe it's safer if he sticks to neckties ....that glimpse of his chest is causing me heart palpitations and dizziness. VIC gigs - Page 3 Smiley-love008
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 May 2010, 7:04 pm

SACF Signature Ball 2010

In its 25th year, the Susan Alberti Charitable Foundation (SACF) Signature Ball is one of the oldest and arguably the most prestigious event of its kind in the country. The event was founded by Susan Alberti AO HonLLD to support fundraising efforts for Australian medical research, namely progress towards finding a cure for type 1 (juvenile) diabetes. Due to the Foundation’s efforts, almost $5million has been raised from this event and donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) which funds Australia’s best and most promising diabetes research.

In order to mark this momentous milestone and recognise the progression of type 1 diabetes research, the 2010 Signature Ball will be held on Saturday 7th August at the Palladium, Crown Towers, Melbourne. It is viewed as an event not to be missed. Approximately 800 - 900 guests will enjoy a superior evening of dining and dancing.

We are proud to announce that Guy Sebastian will be headlining our world class entertainment, which will also include the renowned and dynamic Kate Ceberano together with Carl Riseley, the Australian Idol 2007 contestant, hailed as the next Harry Connick Jnr, will be amongst the cast of entertainers during the evening.

In addition to world class music and entertainment, this year’s event will have a silent auction, live auction, mystery bags and an unique segment called “Fund-A-Cure” that sees supporters make direct pledges to research through tax-deductible donations on the night.

You can register your booking now by contacting Elda Basso on (03) 9560 1595 or email susanalberti@dansu.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 May 2010, 9:39 am

Tickets to the ball are $250pp, and it is strictly over 18's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 05 Aug 2010, 2:08 am

I just added this to the tour archives and, well, poor Carl must've been double booked because the Defence Charity Ball that he was going to do with Kate DeAraugo in Brisbane was the same date!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Aug 2010, 7:17 pm

Ah nice pick up Angeo!!
We'd be wondering why Carl was a sudden pull out of the Brisbane one, I forgot about this one, I thought it was much later in the year lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 13 Aug 2010, 1:30 am

See! If Carl came on here and checked his own gigs archive he wouldn't have been double-booked! Very Happy
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3