Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSW gigs

+10
wendyyriseley30
monetgo
migayesa
Yvonne
traxlmaz
Elise.
Admin
amanda-renee
ambercat
Kris
14 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

NSW gigs - Page 7 Empty Re: NSW gigs

Post by Guest Sat 05 Feb 2011, 4:00 pm

He's still advertised as playing the Jazz N Shiraz at Gladstone on Easter Sunday (April 24), Hope this is legit...

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 06 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

last night me and jodie were fortunate enough to obtain tickets to the st catherines school 155 birthday celebration in waverley in sydney who had special guest Jacki cooper quartet and CARL RISELEY.
( it's great to have friends in the know)
it was a great night on the school lawn with lots of great performances from the kids that attend the school including, dancing, singing, school band and this gymnast that really had me feeling physical pain due to her flexibilty.
Jacki and Carl were amazing as usual and Carl was constantly being mobbed by 12 year old girls declaring their love for him and taking any opertunity possible to get up and dance with him.
Carl was shocked and very happy to see jodie and i at the performance as he himself wasnt even aware of the gig until a week before hand were me and jodie had known about it for at least a month.
we even told Carl that we feel he needs new representation and we are more then willing to except the job. haha.
had our usual chat , hugs and photo's and said our goodbyes, not before he asked us if we needed a holiday as he is doing a gig in NT at sky city again in either april, may or june. so we are going to do our best to save towards going to that gig once we find out info.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 12 Mar 2011, 5:02 pm

St Catherine's drew a large crowd for its 155th anniversary on the weekend.
St Catherine's class of 1897, courtesy of the school.
more photos
Jennifer Bennett

When Jane Barker chose the site of St Catherine’s School in 1856 - on top of the hill looking down to Bronte beach - she wrote that she wanted her female students to “crown the hill and command the pre-eminence”.

“I think she’d be very proud because she was establishing a school to prepare girls to take their place in an Australia where they couldn’t even vote, and now we educate girls to take their place on a global stage,” headmistress Dr Julie Townsend said after the school celebrated its 155th anniversary on the weekend with a huge party.

Six hundred guests - students, families, friends - enjoyed performances from the school’s senior stage band, circus artists and singer Carl Riseley and the Jacki Cooper Quartet, all compered by H.G. Nelson. The celebrations finished with fireworks.

Dr Townsend said the school had stayed true to its Christian roots and improved upon its origins.

“We opened to educate girls from the Anglican clergy and today we educate girls of all faiths, cultures and backgrounds, but at the same time we’re still true to our Anglican foundations,” she said.

In its century and a half, the school has taken on boarders from around the world, was the first private school to offer indigenous scholarships, and now has thriving language and exchange programs.

“All unheard of in Jane’s day’,” Dr Townsend said. “I think young women have come so far and I think in the next 155 years we’ll see absolute equality across the board for women.”
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

NSW gigs - Page 7 Empty Lizottes

Post by Angeo Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:18 am

I just had a look at the table plan for Lizottes in Dee Why (why I've never heard of that before). It's so exciting - I really hope I can go but I've a fair bit of planning to do about getting there. It's pretty far from where I'll be staying west of Sydney but I have a plan formulating. I'll see if I can stay at my friend's place that night - she'll be here in Perth, hopefully with her partner as I wouldn't want to stay there with just her partner ... anyway if that works out it'll save me having to get someone to drive for miles to pick me up late or having to pay an exorbitant taxi fare.

And I solemnly promise to be good. I promise not to consume buckets of alcohol so that I will be on my bestest behaviour. I promise I will not hurl my self at Carl's tall, virile, irresistible body (scratch 'irresistible' and make it 'resistible'). I will sit mutely and primly and will applaud in the right places. Okay that's during the show. What happens after is another matter ... only kidding. I am definitely going to act my age and not like a lovesick teenage groupie. Promise, promise, promise. NSW gigs - Page 7 508227 NSW gigs - Page 7 699405
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

Hey Angeo, I live in the west of Sydney, and i'll be driving, so I'm more than happy to pick you up, Amanda's coming up and driving from here as well, where abouts you staying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:21 am

Thanks so much Jodie!

That would be great thanks! Although I'm not sure where exactly I'll be as there are a few options of people we'll be staying with. It's a bit of a family reunion so where all the blow-ins are staying hasn't been sorted yet. Let's see: Greystanes is one, Punchbowl and Camperdown. Poss even N.Ryde. My friend's place in Cremorne is closest to Dee Why.
Are all these places along your route?
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:09 pm

Hey Angeo, Greystanes is on the way from my place to Dee Why pretty much...

Camperdown is pretty close to the city...and I've got NO idea where North Ryde is hahaha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:47 pm

Awesome I'll endeavour to arrange my accommodation to be en-route from Jodes to Carl! hehe. Meanwhile I'd better buy my ticket. Do we know what the menu is? As if I'll be able to taste anything...
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:10 am

Um they had a sample menu on the website I think, I may need to call them to have them added to our table, but just try and see if you can be put on our table hahaha Very Happy

It's only two weeks away! i'm so excited Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:41 am

And I'm excited for you Jodes!! Oh wait! - I don't have to say that anymore.... cos I can be excited for myself too! Whoopee banana dance I'm going to see Carl banana dance
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:47 am

So you're a definite?? Do you want me to call them on Monday and have you added to our table? I can put the ticket on my card and just grab it off you on the night if you like?

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:47 am

Hey Jodes. I was thinking you or Amanda just need to let Lizottes know I'll be calling to book at your table. I'll call them prob Tues night or Wed to pay.
cheers pal.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

Just a quick note to say that I just received a phone call from Lizottes and Saturday nights show is cancelled Sad not too sure why, but thems the breaks I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

So disappointing.

Lizottes Sydney is just starting out so word about their dinner-shows isn't getting out enough yet. Plus the fact it's Easter weekend.

Mark Lizotte's nephew works there I'm told. It's Mark's brother Brian who began the franchise in Melbourne.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sat 23 Apr 2011, 8:19 am

Jazz singer Elana will headline the Darling Harbor blues and jazz festival Photo by Phil Rogers
Redfern jazz singer Elana Stone is set to headline alongside some of the biggest names in Australian jazz at the Darling Harbour Jazz and Blues Festival this June long weekend.

Stone has toured with Holly Throsby and Jackson Jackson as well as travelling as a guest vocalist with The Cat Empire. More recently, she was featured as a Triple J Next Crop artist.

The festival will include performances by 48 artists including James Morrison, Carl Riseley, Anita Wardell (UK), Amanda Baker and Mr Percival.

There will be five outdoor stages, free big-band workshops, fireworks and an after-dark Jazz Club. Events are free.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:56 am

Darling Harbour Jazz and Blues Festival 2011
Ron Carter, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Tuba Skinny, James Morrison, Katie Noonan, Vince Jones, Monica Trapaga, Jeff Duff, James Valentine, Frank Bennet, Geoff Bull, Tina Harrod, Buddy Knox @ Darling Harbour
10 Jun 2011
Are you going to this event? CLICK HERE!
Email to Friend | Share on Facebook

Event Name:Darling Harbour Jazz and Blues Festival 2011
Artist(s):Ron Carter, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Tuba Skinny, James Morrison, Katie Noonan, Vince Jones, Monica Trapaga, Jeff Duff, James Valentine, Frank Bennet, Geoff Bull, Tina Harrod, Buddy Knox
Supporting Artist(s):N/A
Date:Fri, 10 Jun 2011 to Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Performance Times:
Venue:Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour
City, Sydney
NSW 2000

Send a Ticket Enquiry

Find Food & Drinks Nearby in City, NSW
Restaurants in City
Cafes in City
Bars in City
Pubs in City

Find more events in Sydney
Price:Free
Tickets:
Under 18s:Yes
Description:
To celebrate its 21st Anniversary, the Darling Harbour Jazz and Blues Festival will present an outstanding line up of international and local artists including some of the biggest names in the jazz world – more than 50 bands will deliver an unforgettable musical experience for visitors over the June long weekend.

“This year’s program will feature the most exciting line up of artists yet. It is the best free music event of its kind in Australia, a totally enjoyable celebration of music, where fans can immerse themselves in a rich, diverse program of exceptional music,” said Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority Event Manager, Sal Sharah.

Special international guests from the US include the legendary bassist Ron Carter, Louisiana’s Topsy Chapman, jazz guitar guru Kurt Rosenwinkel and Tuba Skinny from New Orleans. These multi-award winning artists will perform alongside some of Australia’s favourites like James Morrison, Katie Noonan, Vince Jones, Monica Trapaga, Jeff Duff, James Valentine, Frank Bennet, Geoff Bull, Tina Harrod, ‘Australia’s BB King’ – Buddy Knox and more!

Each day of the festival visitors can discover the magic of jazz and blues in all its genres from the avant-garde to the traditional including big band swing, contemporary, trad, blues & roots, R&B, soul, bebop, jazz groove, acid, funk, experimental and more.

The program kicks-off at 4.30pm on Friday with a hot swing performance by the all-female Sirens Big Band live on the Harbourside floating stage, followed by the godfather of Australian Jazz, James Morrison, one of the world’s best multi-instrumentalists with his superb sextext featuring jazz diva Emma Pask at 6pm culminating with fireworks at 7.30pm.

Saturday’s highlights include the queen of soul, Tina Harrod, Brisbane ensembles Topology and Misinterprotato, eccentric jazz-rocker Jeff Duff and The Prophets, the distinctive, contemporary sounds of the catholics, contemporary jazz group Ten Part Invention, the sublime, ARIA-award winning Katie Noonan and a festival highlight, the Ron Carter Trio. With more than 2,000 albums to his credit Ron Carter is among the most original, prolific and influential jazz bassists having recorded with many of music's greats from Miles Davies to James Brown.

Sunday’s highlights include master guitarist George Golla, Vince Jones, Mike Bukovsky’s Wanderlust, New Orleans’ Tuba Skinny and traditional jazz-soul diva Topsy Chapman. The evening will feature ‘Swing City Birthday Bash’ which will bring together Monica Trapaga, Carl Riseley, Jeff Duff, Topsy Chapman, Simon Bartlett, Ed Wilson, Frank Bennett and Evelyn Duprai for an unforgettable jazz celebration with the John Morrison Big Band.

The final day of the festival will feature Kurt Rosenwinkel Standards Trio, the Buddy Knox Blues Band, the vocal jazz brilliance of Mojo Juju and Melbourne soul band Electric Empire. The evening will climax with a live performance by renowned Ethiopian born Dereb Desalegn and his band who hail under the name of Dereb The Ambassador. The 7-piece line-up will play out the event with an eclectic mix of afro-beats, 60s and 70s funk and Ethiopian jazz, all wrapped in raw power!

For a mellow experience head to the Chinese Garden of Friendship and soak up the smooth sounds of Jazz in the Garden with the Jim Penell Duo from 10.30am to 2.30pm daily and enjoy a mouth-watering lunch provided by Emperor’s Garden. Tickets for Jazz in the Garden are $30 per person including yum cha, a glass of wine or beer and entry.

And who said jazz was for adults? Young jazz fans can get up close and personal with one of Australia’s best jazz artists John Morrison who will be running free big band workshops on Sunday and Monday at 11am in Tumbalong Park.

Amanda, you in? He looks to be performing on June 12th... thats 4 days before my birthday haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 6:41 pm

FLOATING STAGE - HARBOURSIDE
1pm - 1pm Healthy
2.30pm - 3.30pm Wanderlust
(3.50pm - 3.55pm Performance by cast of the musical 'Hairspray')
4pm - 5.15pm Vince Jones
5.45pm - 7pm 'John Morrison's Swing City's Birthday Bash' featuring Monica Trapaga, Carl Riseley, Jeff Duff, Topsy Chapman (US), Simon Bartlett, Ed Wilson, Frank Bennett and Evelyn Duprai
Compčre George Washingmachine

Carl will be performing Sunday June 12th.

Amanda, if you want to make a day of it, John has another performance at 11am with the Killara high school band :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 08 May 2011, 9:00 am

hey jodie, i'm keen to make a day of it if you are might even see the man himself in the crowds watching on. did you want me to drive to yours pick you up and both go into the city together? might be easier being youve been before and know where the stage is.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 9:54 am

Yeah for sure, drive to mine, and I'll drive us in, I'm a pro at driving to the city now, I think it's about $20 to park at the convention centre for the day :-) awww I can't wait already haha!

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 08 May 2011, 10:12 am

sounds like a plan :) see you then
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 31 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

so last night i had my 30th birthday party which featured none other then our man carl riseley and john morrision and jacki cooper as the entertainment and the night was nothing short of amazing it was everything i dremed of and more.
the theme of the night was a black and white ball and i was in my signature colour red. and the highlight of my night was when jacki sang lady in red and i got to dance with Carl thud
it was the kinda experience you read about only in fairytales and the thing is it what my real life fairytale. and he was certainly prince charming, and said i looked freaking amazing.
i enjoyed my night with fellow forum members jodiemay, angeo, and bron and had an amazing night having them there to enjoy it with me, thanks guys so much for coming :) i love you all hearts
carl done a lot of he's usual songs as well as minnie that most people got into which was great especially as we had bubble machine specifically for that songs atmosphere. carl interacted really well with my guests and tried to fit in as many dances as possible dance3
all in all a great night . photo's will follow but just sifting through to find the best ones to post. thanks again guys and Carl for a magical night.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:38 am

It was a fabulous night Amanda. I'm so glad I came. Your family and friends are lovely and I learned from them how highly regarded you are. It was a night for you to be proud of and a night for you to be a princess and you were an absolutely stunning princess. I loved the theme and the coordinating decor and cakes and lollies and the entertainment of course. And there you were giving presents out to people on your own birthday. I felt very special being singled out for having travelled so far (Mosman to Wollongong hehe).
Jodie sent me her photos and I've been looking at them all and laughing. Looking forward to seeing some more. Just remember to reduce them to 800 pixels wide first. I think that was the rule of thumb wasn't it?

And it was great meeting Jodie for the first time. It didn't feel like I've hardly met you both as I feel like I know you so well. I was surprised Bron said it was the first time you'd met.

I'd like to tell you about some of my own highlights of the evening and also hear Jodie's (like when she cut me off as we danced with a certain gentleman hehe romantic) but my flight home last night was so delayed I didn't get home until after 1 am and I'm exhausted ....so I'm off to bed.

It was special Amanda, so glad it fulfilled your expectations - you deserve it love.

Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 19 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

sorry guys that i didn't write a reveiw sooner but i have been busy.

last thursday night jodie and myself went to see carl with james morrison in brisbane at the QPAC.
the venue was pretty amazing and we were legitamatly on the stage with our front row seats.
james morrison is a freaking musical legend not only can he play trumpet but he also played the trombone and piano on the night and was amazing on all 3 instruments, john to was there on he's drums and also headed the comic relief.
truely is a talented family.

Carl sang the letter, reminscing, time after time, and done a couple of duets with Emma pask , you say tomato i say tomateo, i say potato you say potaeto, and some other duet song i cant think just at the moment.
but they were both amazing and he looked so happy and relaxed the best iv'e seen him sing in ages.

the sad thing about the night was that we never got a chance to say hi intamately as it was james's gig not carl's and being that it was a no photography allowed gig we got no photo's at all of the gig. Sad

we did however spy daddy earnest and mother to be gill at the gig which would have been great for Carl.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7