Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fav movies

+13
unknownforumer
Angeo
pudel
bakkako
carlfanatic07
Altair
Yvonne
monetgo
simonelee02
ambercat
laceyface
Kris
amanda-renee
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

fav movies - Page 2 Empty Re: fav movies

Post by Yvonne Fri 01 Feb 2008, 12:15 pm

I just couldn't resist I went to see P.S I Love You again during the week, it was a $7 admission, because it is almost off the screen now, ready to make way for the other movies coming on.

I just adore this movie, second time I have seen it, I kept on smiling the whole way through, Gerry was in this weeks OK magazine by the way, just devine he is. Heath Ledger is on the cover(very sad news that was by the way, I never saw any of his movies though).

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 01 Feb 2008, 4:10 pm

Has anyone seen Evening starring Clare Danes? I'm not actually recommending it as I personally found it rather maudlin. But it does have one or two interesting pieces of trivia.

Meryl Streep's daughter, Mamie Gummer plays the young persona of Streep's character.

Vanessa Redgrave and her daughter, Natasha Richardson play mother and daughter in the movie.

In one scene the main character dances to Michael Buble singing 'World on a String' (without the big-band vocals as on his new CD).

The main character (Danes) is a nightclub singer and the one and only song we ever hear her sing is 'Time after Time'.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Fri 08 Feb 2008, 11:23 am

thanks for the trivia, angeo ... I'm curious enough about the Streep connection to have a look at this movie Very Happy

I saw quite a few films over the school holidays but now they're over I'm hoping to see Charlie Wilson's War next week. A trip to the pictures on my own ... bliss! :cheers:
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Fri 15 Feb 2008, 4:00 pm

Is anyone else like me and they cried during the movie "Beaches"? It has Bette Midler in it and it is very sad. Think I may have seen it at least four times now and the result is always the same, I burst into tears and they don't end and well I remember that everyone who came out of the cinemas same time as us, were pretty much the same, they all had their tissues out and wiping their eyes.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 16 Feb 2008, 11:56 pm

I didn't see Beaches at the cinemas ... I first saw it on TV. It's a v.good film. My big weepie at the cinemas was Steel Magnolias ... I have to fight back tears just thinking about that film Shocked
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 25 Feb 2008, 8:24 pm

I just watched a whole lot of old Jackie Chan movies on my day off today lol I went through a JC faze a few years ago and thought I'd rent a few oldies. I don't really like the Martial Arts genre but I can make an exception for JC. And I have to admit - he wasn't bad looking in his younger days! lol I am surprised he is still making movies at age 50 something, but I've always enjoyed them.
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2007-11-16

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 26 Feb 2008, 2:17 pm

I love Elvis movies,ok I know they are all the same pretty much, guy gets girl and everything is all roses, but I like them because they are relaxing.

I shall go and see " The Bucket List" soon. Jack Nicholson is a brilliant actor as is Morgan Freeman. Two of the very very best in the business.

Hopefully they will be up for awards next year.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Treegirl Sat 26 Apr 2008, 8:37 am

Ten Things I Hate About You
Save The Last Dance
Finding Nemo
Walk The Line
Juno
27 Dresses
Forgetting Sarah Marschall

and many, many more!

Treegirl

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat 26 Apr 2008, 9:51 am

Woo hoo! Hitman is finally out on dvd! Woo hoo!
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Tue 29 Apr 2008, 1:31 pm

I saw Mr Megorium's Wonder Emporium the other day .... loved it! So many enjoyable little things to catch your eye and make you laugh ... the little monkey who reached out for a hug after Mr M walked past ... awwwwwwwwwwwww! fav movies - Page 2 Wub
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 06 May 2008, 3:34 pm

I might go and see McDreamy - Patrick Dempsey in "Made of Honour" this weekend, he was on David Letterman's late night show on Channel 10 last night, very nice guy it seems.

"Enchanted" is out on video now, so is "27 Dresses" and "PS I Love You". Loved all of those movies.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 06 May 2008, 3:35 pm

Oh did anyone else enjoy that George Clooney interview on Sixty Minutes on Sunday evening, Liz Hayes looked as though she was having the time of her life interviewing George, lucky lady.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by the8thark Mon 23 Jun 2008, 11:37 pm

Ooohhh this is an easy one. I like a few movies but one stands out for me. I'm not really into this type of movie but I like this one. It's called "Danny Deckchair".
the8thark
the8thark

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 25 Jun 2008, 6:16 pm

Just bought and watched Sweeney Todd.....oh my....slashed throats everywhere.....but found Johnny Depp so....hmmmm.....intriguing......my my.....my Johnny is SINGING!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed 25 Jun 2008, 7:08 pm

I still haven't seen that yet - haven't rented a dvd for a while! Might grab that one over the weekend. *Johnny Depp fan here*
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Wed 25 Jun 2008, 7:41 pm

another Depp fan wooohooo!!!! i found my Johnny somewhat different in this movie kris yet fascinating with his singing but then again you can always expect such from tim burton.... Very Happy
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Wed 25 Jun 2008, 9:02 pm

I love Johnny Depp as well!!!! lovestruck Has he got a good voice when he's singing monetgo? I haven't seen that movie either....
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu 26 Jun 2008, 7:27 am

I saw a snippet on t.v and he his singing voice doesn't sound too bad. It's great to see Depp taking on diverse and challenging roles.
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 26 Jun 2008, 12:06 pm

That's one of the things I like about him...he's always doing something different in each movie... You just never know what to expect from him!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 26 Jun 2008, 9:12 pm

ambercat wrote:I love Johnny Depp as well!!!! lovestruck Has he got a good voice when he's singing monetgo? I haven't seen that movie either....

It's surprising to hear him singing ambs, especially we're used to see him doing those drunken swashbuckling acts in pirates....but yes he have a good voice....i like the part where he's singing to his set of silver razor like it's his best good friend Very Happy
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 26 Jun 2008, 10:20 pm

Are they the razors he hacks people up with? afraid yikes!!! Shocked
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 26 Jun 2008, 11:16 pm

Yes...and also the very same one that killed him...oopppss :silent: ....did i ruin the ending now? fav movies - Page 2 43991
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 08 Sep 2008, 9:48 pm

so i am super excited at the moment as i won again on the pokies the other night so i had a splurge on myself and bought a vcr/dvd burner so i could tape some of my old favourite vcr movies to dvd.

anyway today i managed to record polly ( the coloured version of pollyanna with phylisha rishard and keisha knight pullman from the cosby show)

a mom for christmas ( with olivia newton john)

and the 3 lives of thomasina ( a walt disney classic about the life of cat thomasina with the 2 kids from mary poppins)

well i have to say that i was in my element today as i hadn't seen these movies in years and possibly even a decade. very exciteing.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Mon 08 Sep 2008, 10:03 pm

That sounds like a lovely day ... that's the good thing about going from VCR to DVD - it has to be done in real time. I have the whole of 2006 Idol to tx to DVD .... one long weekend when my boys go away fishing I'm going to spend the whole weekend doing that and trip down memory lane.
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 08 Sep 2008, 10:06 pm

thats my next job to go through and check out for all my carl performances from last year and put them onto the one dvd disk. hopefully i still have them all and havn't recorded over any of them.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Mon 08 Sep 2008, 10:09 pm

I have the whole of 2007 on DVD - but I don't know what software to use to extract the DVDs onto my PC HD and cut out the Carl bits. scratch

I'm pretty sure if I work out how to do it, the result would be of high quality for viewing on my TV.
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 08 Sep 2008, 10:13 pm

amanda-renee wrote:so i am super excited at the moment as i won again on the pokies the other night so i had a splurge on myself and bought a vcr/dvd burner so i could tape some of my old favourite vcr movies to dvd.

anyway today i managed to record polly ( the coloured version of pollyanna with phylisha rishard and keisha knight pullman from the cosby show)

a mom for christmas ( with olivia newton john)

and the 3 lives of thomasina ( a walt disney classic about the life of cat thomasina with the 2 kids from mary poppins)

well i have to say that i was in my element today as i hadn't seen these movies in years and possibly even a decade. very exciteing.

I know what you mean - I love that feeling of seeing old movies you remember watching as a kid or haven't seen for a long time. jump3
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Thu 13 Nov 2008, 2:31 pm

Did anyone see a recent Oprah show, where she spoke of the movie Australia??

Apparently she had the cast on as guests; and she was raving!! They reckon her endorsement alone will bring it enormous box office success!
And she said it's going to make ppl want to jump on the first plane and get down here!! Yay!!
I love our country. hearts fav movies - Page 2 70413
Think it's gonna be an amazing movie and I can't wait to see it. flower
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Thu 13 Nov 2008, 6:38 pm

I saw a snippet on the news the other night. The set design was lovely.

I'm not into what celebs do in their private life, especially anything to do with their children, but I would have to say that was a beautiful photo of Nicole and her daughter.
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Fri 14 Nov 2008, 6:42 am

I've seen one mag photo of Nicole and her daughter and it was beautiful.
Have to say, I have the utmost respect for her. She might be a bit 'fragile' personality-wise ( who wouldn't be in that environment); but she's been a fantastic ambassador for Australia and for many causes, including women's. She's all class; smart and funny; and she's finally managed to have the child of her dreams. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
The way she conducted herself after her marriage split with the ego-demon was dignity personified.
And she's Australian!!!!! trumpet worship

On a sadder note, they're tipping Heath Ledger to receive a posthumous Oscar, for his performance in Batman.
He was nothing short of genius, in that role. I've never seen it done better. What an actor he was!! I love you
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: