Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fav movies

+13
unknownforumer
Angeo
pudel
bakkako
carlfanatic07
Altair
Yvonne
monetgo
simonelee02
ambercat
laceyface
Kris
amanda-renee
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

fav movies - Page 3 Empty Re: fav movies

Post by Altair Fri 14 Nov 2008, 12:56 pm

I haven't seen that Batman movie yet! There was something about it on TV the other night and Mr Altair and I looked at each other "how did we miss that?" scratch
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 15 Nov 2008, 12:12 am

i love nicole and keith...perfect for me...full of charisma those two...and keith was just voted the world's sexiest man...cheers...all nods from me! love keith to death.... naughty
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Wed 19 Nov 2008, 5:23 pm

I have to go and see Australia - Hugh Jackman is to die for, but I truly truly wish that man would lend his pipes to some more singing occasionally and make an album or something- please. All I have of his are the Boy from Oz soundtrack which is wonderful, but I adore his singing voice and I want to hear more and I have the Oklahoma Dvd in which he plays Curly.

I am not a huge movie buff, goodness I don't even know half the actors going round these days- I am more your music type, but I did see "Nights in Rodanthe" last week- ladies if you go don't forget your kleenex will you. You will need it for sure.

Going back to Hugh- don't miss Oprah tomorrow night at 7.30pm- I usually watch Inspector Rex, but I will forego Inspector Brandtner and the gang for Hugh and Nicole.

Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 28 Nov 2008, 1:31 am

Altair wrote:I haven't seen that Batman movie yet! There was something about it on TV the other night and Mr Altair and I looked at each other "how did we miss that?" scratch

Heath ledger's performance was truly brilliant. I hope he gets a posthumous Oscar.

Yvonne wrote:Going back to Hugh- don't miss Oprah tomorrow night at 7.30pm- I usually watch Inspector Rex, but I will forego Inspector Brandtner and the gang for Hugh and Nicole.

I saw the movie Australia today. Absolutely breathtaking! It started out somewhat schmaltzy but before long it was edge-of-seat gripping action coupled with romantic tension and the tragedy of the stolen generation and the treatment of the Aborigines is the underlying thread. And oooh yes - Hugh Jackman, shirt off, soaped up and wet, muscles rippling, delicious! fanself

fav movies - Page 3 200px-Australia_ver4

After seeing the movie, mum lent me her tape of Oprah's interview. I'm yet to watch it.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Fri 28 Nov 2008, 10:56 pm

Okay, I'm definitely watching the Batman movie then ... I'll have to see if it's out on DVD. I really enjoyed the last Batman movie so not sure why I missed this one scratch

So Australia is good? I wasn't planning on seeing it at the cinema ... do you think too much will be lost on DVD, Ang?
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 29 Nov 2008, 11:14 pm

My mum and her friend and me are going to see Australia tomorrow... hmmm Hugh Jackman/rippling muscles..sounds good!! That's all I'll need to make it a good movie!!! giggle naughty
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 03 Dec 2008, 1:24 pm

Altair wrote:Okay, I'm definitely watching the Batman movie then ... I'll have to see if it's out on DVD. I really enjoyed the last Batman movie so not sure why I missed this one scratch

So Australia is good? I wasn't planning on seeing it at the cinema ... do you think too much will be lost on DVD, Ang?

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, especially for the driving cattle scenes and it's all shot so beautifully which wouldn't translate so well on the small screen.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Wed 03 Dec 2008, 5:17 pm

I have to see it, love Hugh Jackman to death I do. I also adore his singing voice- part of me wishes he would return to singing and theatre or record a full album- maybe one day he will do that.

Is anyone going to see the movie in the new year- "Marley and Me" about the loveable but mischievous labrador- it is a book and the movie has Jennifer Aniston and Clive Owen, I think in it. I have not read the book yet, but I would love to, I have seen it countless times on the shelf- the adorable Marley is on the front cover. It begins early January I think.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Thu 04 Dec 2008, 6:48 pm

Angeo wrote:
Altair wrote:Okay, I'm definitely watching the Batman movie then ... I'll have to see if it's out on DVD. I really enjoyed the last Batman movie so not sure why I missed this one scratch

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, especially for the driving cattle scenes and it's all shot so beautifully which wouldn't translate so well on the small screen.

Okay - I'm definitely going to go and see it .... soon!
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 05 Dec 2008, 12:51 am

It's such a busy time isn't it? Between Christmas and NY might be a good quiet time to go Alty. I like to treat M&D to the cinema every couple of months and Mum chose Australia this time, we didn't even realise it was just the day after opening.

My kids have scored sneak preview tickets to Madagascar 2 so we'll all be going to see that next Saturday. Love the lemur and the penguins are hilarious.

And my Bro-in-law in Sydney is giving us tickets to 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', with, as my Hubs mentioned has my 'favourite actor' in it, Keanu Reeves - so we'll go along to that in Sydney. That must be a preview also as it doesn't open until the 26th. Bro-in-law has offered to watch the kids for us. yay! Keanu would be the perfect Alien invasion in my opinion.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Fri 05 Dec 2008, 7:27 am

Heath Ledger has just won a posthumous award for Batman. His father accepted the award - and his speech was so touching, apparently everyone was in tears...

I heard that a bloody American critic panned Nicole's performance in Australia!! fav movies - Page 3 140443
Everyone else said she (and they) were great!!
I haven't seen it yet but it's a definite to-do this hols. And thanks angeo, you've given me an idea for a Christmas gift - movie passes. Yay!! banana dance Hadn't thought of that!!
I love the gold class section, where you can be waited on like loidies, hehe!! cheer
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 06 Dec 2008, 7:58 pm

Woohooo for Heath....Batman DVD is on the list....out here on the 10th....

And Ange...you bet!!! darl such a silly busy busy bee for me as always x'mas time that is....so just short messages from me here and there....just to keep me updated....and of course to keep in touch with you guys and Carl Very Happy
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 06 Dec 2008, 10:23 pm

We LOVED Australia!!!!!! lovestruck cloud9 And Hugh and Nicole are so good in it, as well as the little aborginal boy... he stole the movie imo... Really beautiful scenery and so exciting in parts!!! As well as romance... yep, loved it!!! yup
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 07 Dec 2008, 1:07 am

Yes I agree Amby. Everyone agrees how that little boy just lit up every scene. He should get an oscar. It's just one of those movies, that gives you chills down your spine, tears, edge of seat gripping action and loathing for the villain.

I've just been distracted twice from writing this, first by Hugh Jackman on the AFI awards and then by the tribute to Heath Ledgar, the standing ovation from the audience and his family accepting his award. I'm wiping away tears now.

And Hugh has something about him that reminds me so much of a dear friend of mine whom I lost a few years ago. Not so much in his acting roles but when he's being himself. His eyes are just like my friend's.

I'm having to really fast-track before Christmas Monetgo, because we leave Perth in a week! frantic
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Tue 16 Dec 2008, 4:19 pm

Australia is unbelievably fantastic, I will be going back to see it again that is for sure. That little boy, must must must win an award for his performance, he was sensational.

Next movie I shall be seeing is Marley and Me about the mischievous lovable labrador- it begins on Jan 1 and stars Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson. I love labs. There is a book about it too, as well as a childrens one- one of my little cousins is getting it from us for Chrissie.

Don' t think any other movies coming on 'float my boat' so to speak, we shall see later on though. Might just leave it to seeing Australia again and Marley.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed 04 Feb 2009, 9:29 pm

Please tell me someone here is just as obsessed with Twilight as I am?!!!

Robert Pattinson...mmmmmm
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 05 Feb 2009, 1:13 am

Haven't seen it yet Kris!

I'm sure I would be though. Robert Pattinson looks gorgeous ..... and I just adore vampires. fav movies - Page 3 Smiley-char018
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat 07 Feb 2009, 11:47 am

I saw Yes Man the other day- pretty silly, but I like Jim Carrey and I thought it was good 90 minutes worth of movie- even if it was silly.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 09 Feb 2009, 11:34 pm

Haven't heard of that one Yvonne. I'm making it a point to see New In Town. It's Harry CJr and Renee Z. Love Harry hearts
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed 11 Feb 2009, 7:12 am

Has anyone seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Brad Pitt? I'm going to see it on Saturday night with some work mates - they know I HATE Brad Pitt but they say the movie is good and want to see it for a second time. 3 hours of Brad Pitt? Blahh...
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 13 Feb 2009, 1:13 am

I'm not a huge BP fan either Kris but I did warm to him a tad when I saw his rippling grunts and gorgeous tight ass in Troy. Phoar! But from what I've seen of Benjamin Button he's an old man in a romper suit for half the movie No not very appealing ....... I did hear it's a real weepie though so take a box of kleenex cryer Tell us if it's worth seeing.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun 22 Feb 2009, 4:36 pm

BP in Troy still failed to grab my attention giggle

Didn't end up seeing the movie - it's not screening here anymore Sad
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Mon 23 Feb 2009, 1:19 pm

I not much of a BP fan either.

I may just go and see "He's Just Not That Into You", but that may just make me even more confused about where this romance of mine is headed, he is yet to ask me out, is he scared, I cannot work him out. He is very affectionate, loving and attentive towards me though. Maybe he feels pressure, because everyone who works on the same days as me, knows that he likes me a lot and the boss is always hinting stuff that he misses me during the first part of the week. Oh well love wasn't meant to be easy as they say.

Yvonne

Female

Back to top Go down

fav movies - Page 3 Empty Heath's Oscar

Post by Angeo Wed 25 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

I was so happy that the best supporting actor gong went to Heath. And didn't his family do a wonderful job of accepting on his and his daughter Matilda's behalf. The camera panned to the audience quite a lot and you could see how moved people were. I haven't seen any of the other winning movies for best actor/actress/supporting actress. Got some catching up to do.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 26 Feb 2009, 10:42 pm

Yeah that was so sad.... cryer Sad Crying or Very sad There's a pic of Matilda on the front cover of Womans Day or something and she looks so much like Heath... It'll be hard for his family now as I sort of got the feeling that this year, while it was so hard for them, Heath was still sort of with them as everyone was raving over his Joker performance, but now he's received the Oscar and everyone will be moving on.... bananasad
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzycat Fri 25 Dec 2009, 12:12 am

My fave is forest Gump

crazzycat

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-25

http:// http://www.alphawallpapers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownforumer Mon 08 Mar 2010, 5:41 pm

I watched Alice in Wonderland last thursday when it came out.. i thought it was pretty cool. 3D was awesome!!

i also watched dear John,, bit of a sappy movie but the book is ten times better (book made me cry whereas the movie didnt)

definatly recommend both.

unknownforumer

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-14

http://www.myspace.com/grenfellchick

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 08 Mar 2010, 5:53 pm

alice and wonderland does nothing for me but cant wait to watch dear john.
going to watch valentines day on wednesday night will let you know how it is.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 08 Mar 2010, 9:37 pm

My sisters saw Valentines Day and didn't like it, but I'd rather see for myself.

Saw the Blind Side - wasn't impressed!

Can't stand Channing Tatum but that one looks good.

Looking forward to Robert Pattinson's movie, Remember Me
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 09 Mar 2010, 2:06 am

I haven't been to enough movies lately but I saw Valentines Day when it opened here in Perth. I think you'll enjoy it Amanda, it's a US version of Love Actually but don't go with too high expectations. Stand out performances for me were Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner. T.Swift was a revelation absolutely hilarious. I'd watch it again on DVD to catch any lines I might have missed due the audience laughter.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: