Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QLD gigs

+9
Kris
amanda-renee
sensor
Angeo
monetgo
ambercat
laceyface
carlfanatic07
Floss
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

QLD gigs - Page 2 Empty Re: QLD gigs

Post by Altair Sat 22 Mar 2008, 7:33 pm

They're great photos monetgo ... thanks so much for sharing! QLD gigs - Page 2 Thanks

So happy that you and lacey got to see Carl in concert ... can't wait for the tour! :cheers:

and lacey got to meet Carl! QLD gigs - Page 2 Tens
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 22 Mar 2008, 9:47 pm

Here it is the 'tilted vid', Carl's whistling is awesome and of course the trumpet!

monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sat 22 Mar 2008, 11:27 pm

That's such a great vid. Fantastic!

Last edited by carlfanatic07 on Sun 23 Mar 2008, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 23 Mar 2008, 9:43 am

that video is awesome monetgo thankyou so much for posting it.
i love it. waahoo!!!
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayford27 Sun 23 Mar 2008, 9:58 am

Thanks so much for the video!! :)
Clayford27
Clayford27

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Mar 2008, 8:48 am

Good morning everyone.....for the next hour or so I am going to be doing a bit of re-construction on this thread, so if your trying to look at Monetgo's photo's please come back real soon! I will post a couple here and the rest in a new category within the 'Carls Photo Galleries'.
Although all of monetgo's pics are gorgeous, and they look fantastic at the size they have been posted, they are much too large for our site.
Please keep in mind when posting pics that our size limit is 600 pixels on the longest side!
If we continue to post over size pics then our site is going to be much too slow to access (especially for those on 'dial-up') and then we have a major problem! Plus we will totally run out of room and won't be able to post anything! How awful would that be!!!
Sorry to be a pain about this subject, but it is easier to fix the problems as we go rather than try to fix them at a later date when they are totally out of control!

Thankyou for your co-operation!
Goldie
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2007-11-10

http://carlrisely.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 24 Mar 2008, 9:04 am

The following photo's are courtesy of monetgo!
To see the rest of her great shots from Carl's Gala Concert in Brisbane please visit Carl's Photo Galleries on our site via following link
https://carlriseley.forumotion.com/brisbane-gala-concert-f40/

QLD gigs - Page 2 Carl_r20

QLD gigs - Page 2 Carl_r15
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Mon 24 Mar 2008, 10:32 am

Thank you Goldie, it's much better now!
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 25 Mar 2008, 1:35 am

Thanks Monetgo! Hey it's easy to watch your vid with a laptop - just flip it sideways [or simply take it to bed and watch honey-man horizontally! ;) ]

Thanks for the teaser of Carl's new single too! He sounds just gorgeous in your video. My heart was doing sommersaults listening to it. You are so lucky to have heard him live!
Since watching your video I've found the thread with the clip for his new single and it's wonderful but incomparable to the live resonant acoustics of your video which are just powerful. I look forward to seeing him on his tour if when he comes to Perth. One day in the far distant future I may begin to overcome my grief at not seeing him perform in Sydney at the Basement Rolling Eyes

And how thrilling that he chose the song you suggested. I just love it. Well done Monetgo.
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 25 Mar 2008, 3:13 pm

sorry couldn't leave your comment untouched angeo but
( I WOULDN"T MIND SEEING CARL HORIZONTAL Embarassed )
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Tue 25 Mar 2008, 8:14 pm

Thanks for your suggestion and posting it here to flipping the laptops Angeo, i thought about it but forgot to post it here, so thank you and ya if only i could grab our man from the stage, but you know behave behave me...'cause our man is performing in a classy venue with the governor-general watching and some classy musical directors, composers and respectable conductors (these guests were there due to the finale of the Australian National Army Band and the remaining '6-piece brass' the Alaskan Brass US Air Force and some few tourists, actually there are probably more audience that came from other states and overseas combine than from Brisbane, because the conductor of the Alaskan Brass asked the audience how many are from Brisbane and of what i saw from the raised hands it's only quite a few and then he said something about Canada and bunch of Canadians behind me just roar (oh oh, and the host kept saying Carl is the next Michael Buble... lordy lordy me, i wonder what they thought of our man? well they can only think good i suppose because he is definitely AWESOME)...such a classy act that night was and yes our man definitely belong there. I know Carl was very proud to perform that night because there were few officials from defense force that were there that night and you know our man came and still is (he's a Reserved at the moment right?) from defense force. I LOVE CARL........YAAYYY!!!!!! And ya anyone knows if Carl have a PO Box yet?
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 26 Mar 2008, 1:09 am

amanda-renee wrote:sorry couldn't leave your comment untouched angeo but
( I WOULDN"T MIND SEEING CARL HORIZONTAL Embarassed )

Hubba, hubba! Woooohooooo! Yeah! Cool

Woops! - that seems rather uncouth and inappropriate considering Monetgo just told us what a class act honey man is. AND I AGREE ENTIRELY! He is a very class act vertically or horizontally! Hold that thought Amanda ;)

Last edited by Angeo on Wed 26 Mar 2008, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I added the last paragraph so I don't appear uncouth and disrespectful but then sank into an abysmal mire of naughtiness again. There's no hope for me.)
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 2 Empty "Carl at The Troubadour"

Post by Admin Thu 22 May 2008, 11:09 am

Just 13 day's to go till I finally get to see our gorgeous Honeyman, and I am jumping out of my skin! :bounce:
My ticket is sitting in front of me and it's soooooooo pretty!
I know where the venue is Monetgo, and will pick you up in a cab (you just can't trust cab drivers to know where everything is.). P.M. coming up for details on pick up!
Ohhhhhh I hope I get a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggg hug! QLD gigs - Page 2 592387
I am just so excited, I can't think of anything else! QLD gigs - Page 2 100667 Oh, heck, who needs to think of anything else?????
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 22 May 2008, 6:22 pm

You've got PM from mwahhh.....soooo excited too!!! :cheers: :cheers:
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Tue 03 Jun 2008, 6:39 pm

Sad news Sad ...it seems that i will be seeing Carl tomorrow without Goldie...just finish talking to her on the phone...she's not well....she's in the hospital at the moment....oh...i always wanted her and Carl to meet you know....hope she'll get well soon...and laceyface can't come too. Sad

Hi Ange, read your message on chatline, i was talking to Goldie on the phone that very minute, seems i can't give your hug to her tomorrow Crying or Very sad
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 03 Jun 2008, 7:14 pm

oh goldie, please get better at least enough to go and see carl and get your big hug, if anyone deserves it on this forum you do, you are the founder of the carl fan forum you simply have to get your well deserved hug. all the best darl hope you feel better soon and get to the troubadore for you carl hug.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 03 Jun 2008, 9:58 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this! I was so excited when I realised the Troubador was tomorrow and I sent that quick message to you Monet as you were online. I hope you manage to meet Carl so you have lots of photos and a great story to tell Goldie. To help her recover all the sooner.

Get well soon Goldie! Hug kiss xxxx
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Wed 04 Jun 2008, 1:03 am

oh no!!!!! Sad Oh that is sad news monetgo... Crying or Very sad Dear Goldie... You were determined to get to the show no matter what...oh I do hope you somehow still manage to get there!! We're all thinking about you and hope that you will feel a bit better soon hon... If you can't have a Carl hug, then this one will have to do QLD gigs - Page 2 Hug love, amby xoxoxox

Monetgo....have an awesome time darl!!! Very Happy Hopefully you can have Carl give you a hug for goldie which you can transfer over to her when you catch up with her!! One more sleep for you!!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 12:43 am

Okay, just a very quick one and the rest tomorrow.....FULL HOUSE, JAMPACKED, FULL PACKED I MEAN...WHAT A FULL HOUSE!!!! INDEED..GOOD GOD!!!!We arrived there early, 'cause our ticket stated 8pm doors open but the web stated 7:30pm, anyways we're there 7:20pm....and finally at exactly 8, a gentle young man opened the door and told the crowd: "we are not selling tickets anymore or admitting anyone without tickets...IT'S SOLD OUT....so no ticket or reservation, no admittance!".....to be continued....really have to go to bed guys, still have work tomorrow, got photos, got videos, more stories, though not very good quality pics/vids but Carl is so handsome i thought i would not melt but by golly when i spoke and had photo with him my knees just went jelly and my hands actually shook!
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 1:01 am

Ahh..what?! Is that me? Oh big momma....you better lose a few pounds (LOL)! Okay folks this is me nowhere to hide now...first thing first...hmmm...that's me alright, my sis in law took the photo with the sign of The Troubodour of course while waiting for that green roller door to fully open....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2822-RESIZED
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 1:06 am

Darn it Monetgo! I thought I'd check in here last thing tonight - see if you've posted about the concert yet. But it looks like we have to wait a bit longer! At least we all know it was sold out!

Oh well off to bed I go. Can't wait to hear all about it. :bounce:

Oh what's this? As I type you've posted a pic. But you've kept us hanging on a thin thread again . . . waiting for the roller door to open .......
c'mon, c'mon SPILL!!!!!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 7:27 am

Good am everyone! This is just a quick one as i'm heading for work, i don't know how i fall asleep last night 'cause when i went to bed adrenalin still pumped up. I'll try to take you step by step as i recall the event....so finally the door opened at 8pm, we climbed up the stairs as it's on the 1st level, in front of us on the line are Ashley's family they're all there guys, Ashley can't hide his smile and how happy he was to know his family finally saw the tour group, Carl acknowledged the family on stage (as you know both Carl and Ashley's family are here in Queensland), according to Carl their group came here the other day and spent the night at Gold Coast on one of close friends house. So anyway....here's the ticket viewed and ripped the small part by the man on the door....will continue when i come back from work...
QLD gigs - Page 2 Scan

As we were heading inside we saw that anyone can seat anywhere and all the chairs and tables are line up to the wall on both sides leaving a very big space in the middle like a dancefloor so we took our seat and waited for the rest of the crowd to come in while waiting i took a picture of the stage....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2825
People keep coming until no spare seats to be found so the crowd started to seat on the dancefloor and waiting patiently for the show to start....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2829
until Ashley came out on the stage and announced that everyone sitting on the floor have to stand up and move forward to the stage 'cause there are still heaps of people on the stairs and outside waiting to come in, so it's "bumper to bumper" guys, it's fully loaded indeed! I felt sorry for the 'young at heart' who were seating already and when the crowd started to stood up all they can see are the backs of the people (also us), so i had to stood on my chair (no choice) for the whole show. The grannies just had to sit down and listen to Carl singing without seeing him but from time to time they stood up especially when Carl sang Moon River, Tenderly and All of Me, but they can't remain standing up for the whole show you know. It's good there's an intermission. I think Carl and the gang thought only few will come as it's on a weeknight, Carl even thank the crowd and said he didn't expect such huge crowd on a weeknight, but see they chose the venue at the valley, everyone knows Fortitude Valley never sleeps any day of the week. There's even these 2 tourists who passed by and asked what's going on why so big a crowd and one person there told them that Carl is performing upstairs, they apologised for not knowing Carl as they are tourists but they were still very eager to know him and asked what genre of songs Carl's playing and when the lady said it's Jazz they decided to wait on the line but was turned away by the doorman 'cause it's fully booked. They should do 2 nights, but anyway there's always lessons to be learn.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 8:08 pm

So while waiting, my sis n law wanted to go to the loo and thinking i might bump into Carl on the way as i noticed the band members keep going in and out of that direction i grabbed the note that i made and promised to Goldie that if ever i can't talk to Carl for long at least i have this note explaining why Goldie can't come and how much she really wanted to meet Carl etc etc...so on the way to the loo located at the back of the stage i ask my sis n law to take a photo of me where the stage is the background and holding the note in my hand.....

QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2828
and guess what? I passed Carl's dressing room, fully opened and he was there fixing his shirt and try to button them and i stopped and looked at him and he looked at me while trying to put on his tie, and nothing comes out from my mouth Embarassed affraid Shocked (i was sick too i don't have a voice only the first and the last syllable of every word i utter are comprehensible well Goldie can vouch that as i was talking to her the other night and my voice was like a man) i tried to tell him that i was from the forum and he said 'oh yeah' as if he already knows someone from the forum is going to see him and i told him that i have a note for him explaining why Goldie can't come and if he could read it before the show starts and he took it and said yes together with a nod and at the same time trying to put his tie on, and why on earth no one is there helping him, i would love to you know, but then some band members just came rushing in to his room and that's it they closed the door behind...i hope he reads it i really do, and i put Golds number there as well hoping he will give Golds a call! He was so handsome, so innocent, at the same time you can tell the tension and the pressure he's into...but he's so frail without those coat...he needs a vacation so badly after these tours, you know.....well...who wants to come?
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 8:38 pm

So the show started with the band first - igniting the heat - here they are (Carl still at the dressing room)....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2831
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2830

Carl sang while still at the back, you can hear him but you can't see him yet...then he came out....and the crowd just roared...his first song was 'Let's Fall In Love', and here he is....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2833
sorry about the quality of the photos guys....after the first song he welcomed everyone and said, 'oh you are so close to me, i'm scared now' - because the people at the front was just like a ruler away from him. His next song was Reminiscing.....and here he is....

QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2836

QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2842
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2847
This Guy's In Love With You
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 8:58 pm

This is Billy, one of Carl's close friend and one of his guests (Carls guests are his mates back when he still lives here in QLD). Billy is a Tap Dancer and he taps when Carl sang Lido Shuffle....amazing!!!
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2849
It's party time with Billy....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2848
Com'on it's partayyyy..time with Carl and Billy, Carl was so happy he's been jumping up and down so much i never saw him doing that that much...he said he was so happy because his dad and the rest of the relatives where there, when he called out for them 'where are my relatives here?' and they just roared wildly...it really is party time for him....only a family can let him do such enthusiasm last night!
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2850
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:09 pm

It's Carl and Ashley's time...they did so well...they are good doing music together...Carl said his first music mentor and still is, is Ashley...awwwww....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2851
Tenderly....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2854
it's dancing time....Carl grabbed the man at the front and they danced the night away.....so funny, so hilarious!
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2860
but before that Carl was dancing on the stage with this blonde 'sexy thing' as you can see Carl seems like keeping her only to himself...hmmm.....you can see a glimpse of her hair and hand!
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2859

Ashley's time by himself.....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2866
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:31 pm

Okay...intermission photos...
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2843
Actually i was so surprised last night that the young crowds outnumbered the 'young at heart' crowds, there's just so many teenagers, and when Carl started to sing The Letter, the young ones went wild and the dancefloor was never the same again, the young at heart seems to enjoy watching them do their thing though. Very Happy

The Letter....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2864

Moon River....
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2852
Another Carl's guest is the guy at his back doing the guitar, they also do a number together with Carl singing and him playing the guitar....he is with Carl during their Affirmation band time together here in QLD. Damn forgot his name.

QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2842-1
QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2840

Last edited by monetgo on Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:49 pm

Is there more to come Monetgo?!!! Cos we've just got to intermission and I'm enjoying the show so much!!!! Very Happy
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 9:57 pm

QLD gigs - Page 2 100_2854
oooppsss....i think i already posted this one...oh well...

Last edited by monetgo on Thu 05 Jun 2008, 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Thu 05 Jun 2008, 10:20 pm

Love all the pics Monetgo!!! I love you Did you manage to have a pic taken with Carl at all? Sounds like you had a super night!!! And I think I can see one of Carl's Navy band mates in his band...wow..he had all his mates and family there!! Must have been so special for him!!! So that makes all the shows he has done so far, SOLD OUT!!!!! wooohooo!!!! Just goes to prove they could have booked bigger venues for him and done well...maybe next tour!! I'm not sure if you have any more pics etc to share with us Monet...but thanks so much!!!!! :sunny:
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next