Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QLD gigs

+9
Kris
amanda-renee
sensor
Angeo
monetgo
ambercat
laceyface
carlfanatic07
Floss
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

QLD gigs - Page 4 Empty Re: QLD gigs

Post by Guest Tue 20 Apr 2010, 8:46 pm

Carl is performing at the defence charity ball on august 7 at the Brisbane convention centre, along with Kate dearugo.

Www.defencecharityball.com.au is the site I think, but I'm on my iPhone so I can't get more info, but it's there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 27 Apr 2010, 3:00 am

I definitely won't be in Brisbane for that. Unless I win lotto giggle
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 04 May 2010, 3:56 pm

found this but am unsure if you can by the tickets to the gig seperate or if it has to be part of the package.

Carl riseley gig 22nd/may/2010 at souths mackay qld

http://www.southsmackay.com.au/whats-on/entertainment.html

if anyone can find extra details please post them. cheers
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 May 2010, 6:25 pm

Gee it has to be Sydney and Perths turn soon eh? haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 08 May 2010, 1:21 am

Hope so Jodie but I won't be holding my breath for Perth. Don't expect him until October cryer
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 May 2010, 9:48 am

Just a note in regards to the Mackay gig next weekend - it has been cancelled, and apparently was a private only function anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 17 May 2010, 2:42 pm

new gigs up at Carl's myspace music page.

southport sharks 3/09/2010
Check out - carl riseley Southport Sharks Sep 03 @ 7:00PM http://tinyurl.com/2duv3dc
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jul 2010, 7:08 pm

I know strictly speaking, this isn't a Carl gig.

But the Ashley Lewis band will be performing at the Broadbeach Jazz & Food Festival from 19 - 22nd August.

If you live in the area, it's well worth going along to see.

As we all know, Ash is Carls co-pilot of sorts on stage, and he does put on a cracker of a show himself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Aug 2010, 2:38 pm

Carl will be performing at the Riverside "Ubuntu", which appears to be a charity event for the Mater Foundation.

We invite you to join in the fun at the inaugural Riverfire ‘Ubuntu’ event—a partnership between St Laurence’s College and Mater Foundation.
Come and watch the fantastic fireworks—from an amazing position with picturesque views along the Brisbane river—whilst raising funds for South African Orphanages and Mater Medical Research Institute. Enjoy a buffet meal and the inspiring sounds of Carl Risely and St Laurence’s College bands.

Tickets are $85 each, it's at Gair Field, South Brisbane, on September 4th 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 7:31 pm

Just letting people know, although I don't think anyone is going.

The Southport Sharks gig is cancelled, but as far as I'm aware, the Riverside Ubuntu gig on the Saturday night is still going ahead :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 30 Aug 2010, 1:03 am

I thought Ubunto was a linux operating system. How do you know the Sharks one is cancelled Jodes?

Ah well. Best edit my gigs list then.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Aug 2010, 7:05 pm

Amanda had an email from them about it a while back, it was just never posted in here I think.

Apparently Riverfire is a massive festival in Brissie thats on this weekend, but I can't even find the site that was advertising Carl as playing at the function anymore haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Mon 30 Aug 2010, 9:09 pm

Oh okay. Well I've added it to the gig list with what info you had there Jodie. Let's hope it's not cancelled.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 04 Oct 2010, 7:50 am

Little respite for event planners
4th October 2010

Busily planning the Harbour Festival (from left) are: logistics manager Clare King, event co-ordinator Kathy Andrew, administration officer Jan Tully (standing) and Festivals and Events general manager Michelle Stafford.

christmas will be Gladstone’s next big event before Easter, but that doesn’t mean that Michelle Stafford and her team aren’t already hard at work planning for next year’s Harbour Festival.

Planning for the major festival is almost year-round so that the team from Gladstone Festivals and Events barely takes a break between the end of one festival and planning for next year’s event.

“When one finishes we just about start planning the next one,” said Michelle Stafford, general manager of Gladstone Festivals and Events.

“It takes a couple of weeks to clean up from the festival and then we consider what worked, what didn’t.

“We start straight away looking for entertainment – that takes a while.”

When The Observer caught up with Ms Stafford she was delighted to announce they had just secured Kate Ceberano and Carl Riseley (from Australian Idol) to play at the annual Jazz and Shiraz.“She’s just lovely, really beautiful,” Ms Stafford said of Ceberano.

At this stage, the crew was also working on sending out sponsorship applications to secure sponsors for the annual event.

Next year’s Gladstone Harbour Festival will run from April 17 until April 24.

The Jazz and Shiraz event will wrap up the action-packed festival.

The two-week festival, held over Easter, is a highlight of the Gladstone entertainment calendar and features a host of popular attractions.

These events include the GLNG and Zinc talent quest and battle of the bands, the NRG great raft race, The Observer’s markets, the Junior Queen Quest, the Gladstone Regional Ambassador, entertainment galore, rides and the popular Jazz and Shiraz finale.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:34 pm

Looks like Jazz and Shiraz is still a go ahead :)

Head on down to the Gladstone Main Stage for an evening of Jazz'n Shiraz. Featuring the lovely Kate Ceberano and former Australian Idol contestant Carl Riseley as well as local Jazz band Jag. Gates open at 6.30pm with entertainment kicking off at 7pm. Patrons are welcome to bring along their own nibbles, however as a condition of entry all bags and eskies will be checked at the gate. A fully licensed bar will be operating and food will be available.

Some seating will be available, so be sure to bring along a picnic blanket or your comfy camp chair and kick back and enjoy the jazz.

PLEASE NOTE:
Jazz'n Shiraz is an all weather event.
Ticket purchases cannot be exchanged, returned or refunded.
General admission is ticket only.
No BYO tables, some seating available.
NO BYO ALCOHOL OR DRINKS.
No dogs please.

Show Times
April 24, 2011
7:00 PM
Ticket Information
Early Bird (Prior Friday 25th March)
$45.00
General Admission
$55.00
Reserved Table of 10 (Limited Availability. Ticket includes 2 bottles of white & 2 bottles of red wine)
$770.00

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 29 Mar 2011, 4:42 pm

Gladstone festival attracts thousands
29th March 2011

The annual week-long Gladstone Harbour Festival draws crowds from all over Australia.

Contributed%3Cbody%3E%3Cdiv%20id%3D%22node%22%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22http%3A//data.apn.com.au/apnau/adclick/FCID%3D-4/random%3D61487763509/viewid%3D61487763509/site%3DZAUREGWARWICKDAILYNEWS/area%3DZAUREGWARWICKDAILYNEWS.TRAVEL.LOCAL.STORY.HME/keyword%3Ddetours/SIZE%3DZ325X200%22%20target%3D%22_top%22%3E%3Cimg%20src%3D%22http%3A//content.aimatch.com/default.gif%22%20alt%3D%22%22%20border%3D%220%22%20%3E%3C/a%3E%20%20%3C/div%3E EACH year, 70,000 people flock to Gladstone at Easter for one of the largest self-funded, free community festivals in Australia.

The Gladstone Harbour Festival, from April 17 to 24, is in its 49th year and gets bigger and better each time.

What was once a one-day celebration to greet the winners of the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race as they crossed the finishing line has evolved into a week-long festival with something for everyone.

Gladstone Harbour Festival general manager Michelle Stafford said many visitors from all over Australia made the annual pilgrimage.

“We have volunteers who come up from Brisbane every year to help at the festival. They're so dedicated, they've missed Easter with their families for many years now,” she said.

Ms Stafford has been involved with the festival for five years and her staff jokingly refer to her as “Mrs Festival”.

Major sponsors the Gladstone Ports Corporation and Gladstone Regional Council have supported the festival for many years.

Ms Stafford said popular festival favourites included the NRG Great Raft Race, the Rio Tinto Alcan's street parade, presented by Midday Rotary and the GLNG and Zinc's Talent Quest and Battle of the Bands.

“The Battle of the Bands was full already just over a week after the entry forms were made available. It's a fantastic response,” she said.

The NRG Great Raft Race gets the competitive juices flowing between the local businesses and industry, not just the sports clubs and community groups.

“They like to throw out the challenge to one another, which makes it competitive and fun,” Ms Stafford said.

A quick look through the diary of events reveals that the festival has something for everyone.

The variety of entertainment on offer varies from a '70s disco tribute show, to the Magic of the South Pacific Dancers and a Queen Tribute Show.

Street entertainers perform every night.

Finish the weekend off with QAL's Jazz'n Shiraz evening on the Sunday, featuring Kate Ceberano and Carl Riseley. To participate in any of these events, visit http://www.gladstonefestival.com/index.html.

Entries close on Friday.

amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4