Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QLD gigs

+9
Kris
amanda-renee
sensor
Angeo
monetgo
ambercat
laceyface
carlfanatic07
Floss
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty Re: QLD gigs

Post by monetgo Thu 05 Jun 2008, 11:24 pm

Just having a break ambs....just a couple more...yes his navy band mates was there, the one he had a bet on, he's the one next to ashley.
Okay so the ending is near, the guys had their 'supposedly' last song, but as usual and expected, the crowd started chanting 'encore, encore, encore...', so Carl had to go back and sang his last song for the night, then Ashley announced that Carl will just have a glass of water then he will come out to sign CDs and have photo with him....mind you i was the first on the line, but i let the young girl next to me go ahead as i still get the five booklets from my bag, when carl saw them he said wow that's many and i said, oh it will be sent overseas carl, and he said oh you're going overseas? and i said oh no not me just your CDs (damn this voice of mine it's cutting off i tell ya) and he said oh thank you so much...but before that i told him i was on the chatline that night and from the forum and he asked my name and when i told him he said 'oh yeah' and i said i was the one who requested the x'mas album and he remembered and laughed and that 'oh yeah' of him again, i got a lot of those that night from him, i also told him a little bit 'bout goldie but see i can't really talk to him that much because i can feel the 'green-eyes' piercing at my back plus those heels seems wants to kick me and to give them the way, that's the disadvantage of being the first on the line as you have to be in a hurry especially when i see the snaking long line at my back, plus i can feel and see that Carl's mind are very much occupied by a lot of things he probably wants to get it done soon and be with his relatives who travel a long way to see him that night i would. Here's the pic with him talking while signing my booklets....
QLD gigs - Page 3 100_2869
Yes, i have a photo with him but i want to keep it for myself, for me it is a very personal and emotional photo, basically it's just the same as everyone else', his hand and arm around your shoulder holding your arm with much affection and so close to each other's cheeks - i want this last photo for keeps. My sis n law Lorna had a photo with him too, she gave me permission..here it is..
QLD gigs - Page 3 100_2871
I will probably upload the vids tomorrow or after i come back from Sydney, i'll be there 7 8 9, nope can't see carl at the basement even how much i wanted too, my daughter is not allowed and i'm not leaving her alone at the hotel by herself, can't see the jazz festival either, we leave sydney afternoon and the fest will start during nightime (sigh). The vids are crappy crap guys but the audio are good, i manage to take Smooth Operator and Tenderly (for ambs he he he),by the way carl said that his favourite song from his album at the moment is smooth operator, but what i really wanted is to take vids of Carl not singing but talking and telling jokes to the crowd and i manage to take a couple of that as well. Okay, that's all folks for tonight see you soon.
QLD gigs - Page 3 100_2844
This is monetgo reporting live from Brisbane....good night!
monetgo
monetgo

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Fri 06 Jun 2008, 12:44 am

Thanks so much for that Monetgo!! I just love the part when you find him in the dressing room looking all innocent vulnerable and you both just look at each other with no speech while he's dressing. You should have helped him with those buttons (they didn't happen to be jelly beans??)

One almost feels sorry for Carl working so hard whilst his audience is entertained and even those of us who are cruelly denied any opportunities to see him perform still get to have the luxury of just curling up with a laptop and chocolate to read all about other people's experiences.

Such a shame Goldie didn't get along too but it's good that Carl knows just how sorry she was to miss him this time around. And no one could have described events in more detail for us deprived people who have to live vicariously through those of you who get to see him perform. You can paint such a picture with your words Monetgo. It's like we are you and can see right into your head and out through your eyes. :cyclops:

Great photos too! Guess we'll just have to imagine the photo of you with Carl though (Suspect too raunchy to post I suspect, hmmm - probably involves the pink fluffy handcuffs which Goldie no doubt intended to bring along herself QLD gigs - Page 3 Char145 doesn't take a detective to work that one out!)
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Fri 06 Jun 2008, 1:59 am

Fantastic review of your night monetgo - thanks so much for the pics too :cheers:

If I ever see Carl I'm not even going to say a word to him because I would get too tongue tied so it's great to hear about everyone elses experiences.
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Fri 06 Jun 2008, 6:30 am

Monetgo, thanks so much for your review and pics!
It's the best concert I've ever not been to, hehe!! :cheers: Felt like I was right there with you...I love you

What a wonderful night. And locking eyes in Carl's dressing room - there's an experience.
He must still get quite nervous before a show, by the sounds of it. Yet the pics would suggest he has a ball once he gets on stage!! I guess all the travelling and performing must be wearing for him...I love you
I'm sure your special photo will take pride of place in your home; and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with Carl.
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 06 Jun 2008, 6:17 pm

Thank you too ambs, ange, alty and sens...and no Ange it's not jelly buttons darl...alty i really thought i could just go and blab to carl but no, reality hits the minute you found yourself standing right next to honeyman, knees turn jellies and hands trembling with excitement and all that......and sens, yes you could see and sense his nerve would like to eat him up......read my personal review next page.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Fri 06 Jun 2008, 7:07 pm

Good evening Australia! This is monetgo for personal review from Carl Riseley's show at The Troubodour - Brisbane live from Radio HMAS 101 FM on your dial (LOL), i'm loving this second job of mine you know. :lol:

I was so happy i could jump up and down :bounce: (and on the couch a la Tom C - lol) myself that night.....
Carl's jumping up and down on stage like a kid again you know, like an invincible child who can do anything and everything, he looks and feels so secure and have so much comfort because of the family around and also reunited w/ some of his good ole' mates, but at the same time (when i saw and spoke to him for few seconds at his dressing room) you'll know that the tension and the pressure was on, no denying, it's written all over his face, poor Carl, so delicate and so vulnerable (i agree ange) yet so angelic - like a kid trying to button his shirt and putting the tie on and not aware he looks so helpless, such a heart wrenching sight my motherly instinct just came rushing and really wanted to do that tie, pat his cheeks and tell him to go kick some a_s kid, melt them down!
So contrasting a scene, a minute ago i saw him so childlike, so innocent, but when his up on that stage, he just transformed into a casanova triggering young and young at heart alike with his James Dean stares piercing straight to your heart - such a Smooth Operator indeed!
And when he sang All Of Me....why don't you take all of me....., one 'young at heart' couldn't contain herself for much longer anymore and yelled: 'i'll take all of you Carl!' - then honeyman stopped his singing and started laughing and said: 'com'on guys i can't sing while laughing at the same time...oh such a sweet boy-he is!
My picture with him is so precious to me...i never thought i could be that so close to him that you can actually smell and hear his breathing - he is naturally scented, you can't smell any cologne or any artificial scent - he is 'unscented' a la naturelle, so pure, so bare, yet so good, the only thing that's in the way between our cheeks is my hair (darn it!), but when his hand hold your arm around for the photo, you can feel the sincerity, no 'superficial for-the-sake of photo thing' there you know, and for that alone you could shed a tear for so much warmth and emotion.

Show's verdict: So jampacked, yet so alive. Felt sorry for the young at heart though, yet Carl's songs gave them comfort and pleasure especially when he sang Moon River, Tenderly and All Of Me. Carl's performance is 10/10 so with Ashley and the rest of the band members. Lido Shuffle was brilliantly performed and also due to the fact that Billy was so splendid in his tap dancing. The Letter brought the house down w/ the youngsters dancing like no one was watching, plus when Carl doing his hula dance while singing the song. Carl is witty, funny, brilliant and a magnet to all his fans of all ages. What an excellent show that was!

This is monetgo reviewing Carl's show in Brisbane Radio HMASFM101 - peace out!
QLD gigs - Page 3 100_2843
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Fri 06 Jun 2008, 8:14 pm

Oh I enjoyed that so much!!!!!! QLD gigs - Page 3 464738 Hugs to you monetgo!! QLD gigs - Page 3 Hug
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri 06 Jun 2008, 10:29 pm

What can I say? The pics are wonderful...gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing the experience...almost!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 12:52 am

Oh i remember...another thing....that night was really a joyful one for me...you see....we made a friend...his name is Vincent...his in his mid thirties...he was soooo funny, i can tell ya....i didn't notice him during the entire show until after Carl signed my booklets and we're about to go down and leave, he was there near the stairs and said 'hello ladies' and when i look up at him...he was so good looking you just have to reply and we said hi.....he was dressed up for the occasion you know....a hat, trench coat and a tie....then he said (while walking down with us) so a christmas album eh....and i said...so you heard me.....i asked him for one, got a problem with that?....and he said, no in fact i like christmas songs too...so what x'mas song you requested? At first i thought is this guy one of them....nah...can't be...so i said 'It's Beginning to look a lot like x'mas' by Johnny Mathis.....and he said John eh...and lord he started singing the song and oh boy that man can sing! We ended up circling 'round valley and found ourselves back at the foot of the troubodour....would you ladies like a drink or two and my sis n law said oh we got tonic water want some...and he said we can add vodka on that if you want....so we ended up ordering two vodka tonic and a vodka orange for my SIL.....we continue our conversation about x'mas songs and ended up singing lots of them some people joined the x'mas spirit and the bartender said it's christmas on june alright.....so i asked him if he likes Carl too...he said....i like jazz so i like any jazzman...are you a jazzman yourself?....i wish, he said.....then suddenly he said...you ladies looking for lover?.....and i said no thank you.....and he suddenly laugh and said thank god, finally, i found what i'm looking for.....i said...what do you mean?....don't get me wrong, but back there at troubs everytime i talk to ladies they try to climb up at me....i just wanna have a conversation you know....and i said of course those ladies want to climb up at you 'cause look at you...then i stopped i felt embarrassed....uh uh i shouldn't say that...why what's me?....and my SIL so quick to respond...look at you? you're a buzz lightyear.....and i said yah you got wings...then my SIL said...you can fly.....then i said your helmet does that...that wooosh thing....you are cool! in fact you're too cool.....we just burst into laughter (that's what happens when you have young kids at home you know) oh he's such a lovely lovely man vincent....and i said no seriously...look at you, you are TDH...and he said that stands for what now....i said Tall, Dark and Handsome...now that's my man! Are you sure you're not looking for a lover 'cause i'm gonna go now....oh vincent we can assure you of that, the feeling is mutual...we have so much joy why spoil? Then my SIL just bluntly blurted are you gay or somethin'?....and he said politely..no ma'am....i maybe festive but i'm no gay...and i don't need to prove it....he got that right, alright, my SIL apologised...but he said no need to...i'm an easy man and my SIL was not the first to ask him that, no big deal for me he said....he was gentle alright he accompany us to the taxi waiting area and didn't left 'til we got one. Vincent just wrapped it all.....he surely did made our night too! Very Happy
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 07 Jun 2008, 1:05 am

oooh a tall, dark, handsome stranger serenading you!!! What a way to end the night!!! I love you
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 1:15 am

That worked out to be a night to remember Monetgo . . . meeting yet another tall dark handsome singer who is also attentive and gentle and knows lines from Toy Story! Did you get his phone number? Does he sing professionally? He's NOT gay? You DIDN't get his number?

Oh boy . . . .

Rolling Eyes
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 1:27 am

Oh no ange...i'm happy Very Happy to just leave it that way....i guess he's just happy genuinely happy to just have a conversation - a lively one that is - full of singing and all that! He seems to be a really happy go lucky man that vincent....he probably have an italian descent 'cause he look just like Andy Garcia. This photo of Andy is too way handsome...just a bit of similarity to vincent....hmmm...perhaps the eye area and the mouth.....
QLD gigs - Page 3 Bd6124e65520619042e32d14d224df
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 1:54 am

Hmm so still not as handsome as Honeyman then. Well Carl's pretty hard to beat isn't he? So glad you had an uplifting encounter with such a happy go lucky person as Vincent.
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 8:45 am

You got that right Ange! See you on Monday night. Take care guys :)
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by monetgo Sat 07 Jun 2008, 3:31 pm

I'm here at the internet lounge at travelodge hotel wentworth just finished checking the Capitol Theatre then we go upstairs to change then head back to watch billy elliot. Hi golds how are you dear just notice you're on line. Sydney is freezing can't wait to go back to sunshine state on Monday, i already consumed 2 large hot drinks but doesn't warm me up still.
monetgo
monetgo

Female

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty Norwood Hotel, Adelaide May 4th

Post by ambercat Mon 04 May 2009, 1:02 am

waahooooo!!! Mum and me are off tomorrow night to see Carl at his 'Live and Intimate' show at Norwood Live!! It's apparently an 'Industry' thing but the general public who've bought his cd at the Muses music store got tickets, and also competition winners have been invited along.... So I'm guessing that record company people and maybe some of his management will be there... Anyway, I hope we can get up close to the stage... I've never been there before so wouldn't have a clue what it's like in there... Just can't wait to see him again!!!!! Will come back tomorrow night and share the night here!!!! Here we come Carl!!!!!!! dance3 trumpet banana2 cheer banana dance
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon 04 May 2009, 6:57 am

That's great news, Kathy! I hope you and mum enjoy yourselves and can get close enough to the stage!
I'm really excited to see what Carl's gigs will be like with the new album...!!!

Have fun
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Mon 04 May 2009, 10:24 am

yes kathy have heaps of fun and give carl a couple of screams for me :)
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Mon 04 May 2009, 7:33 pm

Have an awesome time and please tell him carlfanatic says hi!! and if you get time, to come to perth for an actual concert as i can't make the signing!! Sad but have fun!! :)
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Tue 05 May 2009, 12:06 am

Hey guys!! Had an awesome time at the Norwood Hotel tonight!! Although being an industry thing with lots of retail people etc there, the crowd was pretty quiet...so amanda... I couldnt really scream for you!!! giggle (And sorry fanatic!! I only just came on the computer now and didn't see your message in time!!!) Mum's camera decided that it didnt want to take any pics during the show... not that many people were taking photos, so that was fine... we just sat back and enjoyed Carl and his gorgeous voice!!! He only had a keyboard player with him....I can't remember what his name was, I haven't seen him before.... But oh wow...Carl sounded sooooo good!!!!!!! His voice has improved 500% compared to what it was in Idol... wow..mum and me were in heaven!!!!! cloud9

Yeah Kris...we got seats at a table right in front of the stage!! And Carl came down and held my hand and gave me a kiss during All Of Me..... I thought for a minute he was going to pull me up to dance, but thank goodness he didn't!!! hahaha!! I'm not the best dancer!!! giggle Then Carl asked the crowd if they had any songs off the album they would like him to sing..someone shouted out Reminiscing.... they just can't let Idol go!!!! So he sang that... super version!!! Carl was so hot tonight!!!! Then mum asked if he could sing Come Away with Me, but Carl said that he'd have to leave that one till later and sang Funny Valentine for her.... Carl said afterwards when we talked to him that he hasn't practised Come away with me enough and didn't feel confident in singing it yet which was a shame as we would have loved to hear that one..and there were some people in the crowd who said Oh yes! to that one too...but no luck.

But anyway, he sang Tenderly, All Of Me, Funny Valentine, Reminiscing, The Stillest Hour, The Way you are Tonight...I can't remember if there were any more... Then afterwards he had a cd signing and mum and I stayed for a little while... we made the mistake of going first so we didn't spend as much time with him as we would have liked... although Carl didn't seem to want to let us go... it was mum who said, come on, there's heaps of people waiting!!! We got our hugs and kisses and a nice signed poster and cd sleeves and we had to leave him!!!! Anyway, here are our pics... the one of Carl and me is a bit weird and Carl wanted another pic taken cos he knew he had a funny look on his face, but mum's memory card was full and she couldn't stand there and delete as there were heaps of people waiting.... Dad had borrowed the camera and had filled it up with car photos!!!! Rolling Eyes Anyway, we'll see him again in June and hopefully by then, we will have that memory card empty ready for just Carl!!!! Can't wait for June 4th!!!!!!!!

QLD gigs - Page 3 NORWOODLIVECARLANDME

QLD gigs - Page 3 NORWOODLIVECARLANDUS
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Tue 05 May 2009, 12:54 am

Oh yeah. That's not Carl's best look is it? But he's still gorgeous Very Happy But they are both great photos to treasure Amby. And it's so sweet that he kissed you during the performance and then didn't want to stop the chat with you and Mum. Quite right too. Let all the other fans wait their turn!

Great review!
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 05 May 2009, 3:24 pm

*sigh* isnt he just to die for , i was living every minuet of that reveiw kathy thanks so much for that.
the pics are great. mums looking well thats good.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue 05 May 2009, 4:00 pm

Yeah, great review Kathy!! Sounds like a fabulous night!! You and Carl are looking great and how sweet of him to come over and give you some lovin' lol

I'm still hoping we can meet up at a gig one day!!!!

Great pictures
Kris
Kris

Female

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty Full Moon Cafe and Noosa RSL

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2009, 8:08 pm

Is anybody going to these gigs?

It seems I simply cannot get enough of the man, and i'm now going to both.

Just seeing if I have any company hahaha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Tue 26 May 2009, 8:13 pm

stop rubbing it in jodes, i'm so keen hey. how much roughly is you weekend away costing you? i wonder if anyone will be willing to give me an early bday present. AAAAHHHH!!!! i wanna come to.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 May 2009, 8:19 pm

Roughly, it cost me $500, but there were cheaper flights than mine, I had to pay more to cover the fact I had to fit work into the equation on friday

I'm not trying to rub it in, i'm genuinly curious haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 May 2009, 6:44 pm

heres my proper review.

So, after a one hour flight delay, a horrible flight and a nightmare taxi ride to the venue, arriving with literally 8 minutes to spare, my night was not off to the best of starts.

The venue was very small and intimate, giving off that slight jazz club vibe.

Upon arriving, i spotted ash who queried why i was there, given he thought i was going to noosa. Suprise ha ha.
Anyway, he informed me that he had the 'we love ash' bear with him, but it was upstairs. Its his mascot apparently.
Because of the small size of the venue, you could see carl before he took the stage, i caught his eye and waved, whilst ryan proclaimed that i was 'everywhere'.
The set this time was slightly different, with a different band. Westy was back, along with ashley and luke, but the rest of the band was new.
The crowd was reasonably quiet, and the first set was fairly uneventful, and quite similar to the first set from previous shows, except perhaps a bit shorter.
The second set got off to its usual start, i got busted not once, but twice, by carl for not doing the actions to 'minnie the mermaid'
So, all of me begins and carl invites the crowd to dance. The dancefloor was full obscuring me from view, i was glad.
But no, carl danced with nat and another lady, then came and stood in front of me. I objected, he won. The good news was, this time, i wasnt so unco dancing, and i wasnt wearing those bloody hi tops.
The band then launched into what seemed to be an impromptu version of fly me to the noon, as carl spent another song dancing with the crowd.
Given the small venue, the new orleans bit was sacrificed as was arms of a woman.

After the show, i went and joined t.id signing line, and was off in my own little world, till i noticed ash laughing at me for being in the que.
I wasnt supposed to be there apparently.
So i got near the front and carl was talking to nat, them suddenly pointed at me, declaring 'jodies on the forum' this made sense once nat explained she had signed up.
I got to the front and got a big hug, as long as stories about s*** flights, and the spelling of jodie.
He signed my cd, with it now saying 'were in bris' just to point out the obvious.
Ash took a photo for us, and i went to chill behind the table.
Spoke to ash and ryan for a bit. Ash reckons that i should get a cab to noosa and just send the bill to universal records ha ha.
Carl came over to chat some more. He kept treading on my shoes cos they were too clean, mind you, they were filthy.
Nat took a photo of both of us with carl, just so she can say she met me of course ha ha :)
After carl left, i convinced a cute bar boy to give me a poster off the wall, had a drink and went home ready for a 3 hour bus trip today.

Sorry for sucky spelling and punctuation, that was all typed on my phone lol :)

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty Tewantin Noosa RSL

Post by Guest Sun 31 May 2009, 11:15 am

So, right now I'm sitting in Brisbane airport - very early for my 1pm flight (its 11am), so I thought I'd give a review from last night.

First off, the crowd was very much into it - given that they were all elderly (Noosa is a retirement area apparently?) lots of dancing singing and cat calling from the crowd.

I arrived at the venue about 5pm, with carl not scheduled to be on until 8.30 (I wanted to get there when it was still light out because I had NO idea where I was going.)

Carl was soundchecking when I arrived - singing a song I had not heard before, and a little bit of the Letter and Basin St.

They had a bit of a laugh over the fact I was there so early, but hey, I got prime seating :)

So I was talking to Ash and carl and the story of my stupidity leaving the camera behind in Brisbane came up - Ashley had a quick fix, I'd use Aarons camera to take photos for him (note, I am not a photographer haha)

So, Ash, Carl and Ryan stick around and talk for a bit, then disappear to have food and the like, and I sit there on my lonesome, completing the Full Moon review and just generally looking pretty loner haha.

There was a support act whose name I could not remember. He had funny pants on, but was pretty good.

Carl came onstage to tremendous applause from the audience, the set was pretty much the same as the night before at Full Moon - except they chucked teh New Orleans bit in this time.
When singing All Of Me, Carl gestured towards the dance floor at me - I won the battle this time and remained seated haha :)

Carl did the usual signing thing, and instead of joining the line this time, I went and sat onstage and chatted to Ashley for a bit, so he couldn't laugh at me for getting in the que, I eventually went and spoke to Carl, about a whole range of subjects from David Campbell to s***..I mean Short Stack, to why I was in Noosa, and work and things like that. A lady came up to Carl and told him not once, but twice, that he should add Danny Boy to his repertoire, and that she thought she was seeing Harry Connick Jnr up on stage performing.
Carl signed the poster that I stole off the wall at Full Moon to "Dearest Jodie Baby" Declaring we were in Noosa (yet again stating the bleeding obvious!)
Eventually Carl had to leave, so I said my goodbyes and walked back to the hotel which was just down the road.

Over this whole weekend Carl, Ashley and Ryan have been absolutly fantastic - always checking that I had methods of transport sorted to get me from A to B, and just generally making me feel welcome when Iw as sitting there by myself.

I have it on a pretty good authority that Carl's flight leaves Brisbane a similar time to mine, so I might go for a wonder down to the Qantas terminal and just have a squiz :)

Anyways....until the basement...

Oh yeh, no photos as no camera,. I'm going to try and get in contact with Aaron to see if I can get a copy of the photos I took for him, they weren't real good, but were better than nothing :)

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty Nat's Full Moon review!

Post by colourmehappy Sun 31 May 2009, 8:34 pm

I finally made it in here to give my review after a very busy weekend!

What a fantastic night it was on Friday night! I was lucky enough to meet the lovely Jodie after the show as I was telling Carl that I had joined the forum (and I told him how nice I thought you all are and about the warm welcome you gave me and he said something along the lines of "yes they're a great bunch on the forum"). Just as I told Carl about joining the forum he pointed behind me and said Jodie is in the forum too and then my friend and I with Jodie the rest of the time there. (Sorry Jodie if I talked your ear off - the excitement of the night + a couple of wines = chatty Natty! lol

The whole night got off to a great start tho because as stopped by the reception desk (which we weren't going to do until later to buy tix to another upcoming concert) who should walk down the stairs but Carl in a green jumper! I was very well behaved tho and didn't tackle him on the spot. He was on his phone so I smiled as he walked past and I thought "let's let the man be and we'll hopefully talk to him later".

We sat up toward the back during the first set as we hadn't got the reserved seating ones but I noticed a table at the front was empty the whole time. During the break Carl walked past and so I said hi and told him we were enjoying the show but that we wanted to come down the front and make some noise and he said "yes do that" and a staff member behind him said "that table is yours if you want it". Didn't have to tell us twice. Once we got down the front Carl appeared and so I talked to him again and mentioned that I was doing a gig (which I did today at an RSL club at a Jazz afternoon) and I said I was going to watch him for some tips on stage presence. He's so modest that he asked "wow do I have stage presence?"The second set started and and Carl asked if anyone wanted to get up and dance so I dived up straight away and then realised it was just one other couple and me on the floor and I thought "oh what a nigel!!" But then another girl joined me so all was ok. Then in the musical interlude I nearly fainted when Carl hopped down off stage and grabbed my hand and danced with me!! He asked me if I do the song and we had a chat and my amazing friend who was with me took pix of me dancing with Carl! The other girl dancing said "ahem may I cut in" and we both said sure and then Carl dancing with her and went around the room dancing with others. Jodie told me later that he often does that and it still amazes me as that's never happened to me before.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, I'm still excited. I already Carl's new cd and had that with me and then I bought the new one on the night and he signed both for me and then my friend (who didn't know Carl before that now and is now converted) chatted to Carl and Jodie and Ashley for a while till we said bye to Carl.

It was a fantastic night and again it was great to meet you Jodie. I'll post up the pix hopefully tomorrow cos I got quite a few. Oh yes and I think Carl said he hasn't been in the forum for a while but will try to come in soon and that he'll check out the pix.

cheers,

Nat.
colourmehappy
colourmehappy

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

QLD gigs - Page 3 Empty wellers...

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jun 2009, 8:48 am

so the story from wellers is, there is no story.

I turned up for the gig, and got very ill almost straight away.

Ryan provided me with panadol to try and get rid of a banging headache, but it didnt work.

So i had to leave, i asked if i could quickly say hi to carl, which ryan allowed, so he took me to The back room they were preparing in.

Carl was lovely as always.
I got to see his 'warm up' some very amusing dance moves, i wish i caught on camera ha ha.

He had to go get onstage, so i milled around waiting for the taxi.
He sounded good but ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next