Carl Riseley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perth gigs

+7
Kris
monetgo
the8thark
carlfanatic07
ambercat
amanda-renee
Angeo
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

perth gigs - Page 4 Empty Re: perth gigs

Post by Altair Sat 04 Oct 2008, 2:09 pm

8 hours to go and counting! cheer
Altair
Altair

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

perth gigs - Page 4 Empty Telethon!!

Post by carlfanatic07 Sat 04 Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

OMG- I just went to Telethon and I walked into the studio and guess who was warming up.........CARL. I was sooooooooooo excited!!!! me and my friend sat there for ages while he warmed up!!! I don't think he saw me but it was very exciting and he was soooooo sweet!! I heard him sing Lets fall in love and he was sooooo good. Ahhhhh!!! I can't wait to see him tonight!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sat 04 Oct 2008, 5:36 pm

waahoooo!!! dance3 That was excellent timing fanatic!!!! yup Your first glimpse of Carl!!! He's so gorgeous isn't he!! lovestruck Down to hours now, not days!!! Have an awesome time tonight fanatic!!! And looking forward to hearing about what Telethon was like!!! At least you know one of the songs he'll be singing now!!! I love Lets Fall in Love!!!
ambercat
ambercat

Female
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2007-11-11

http://www.myspace.com/_ambercat_

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 04 Oct 2008, 6:09 pm

4 hours and counting! snoopy
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sat 04 Oct 2008, 6:11 pm

Sounds like you're having a great weekend already c-fan! banana dance
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 04 Oct 2008, 8:43 pm

Actually Alty I was just really, really tired. I tried to post photos straight away but the computer won't read my SD card. Crying or Very sad

My friend and her son were having a sleepover. Dearheart is playing Mr Mom/Daddy Daycare for 2 nights while we gallavant. cheer So I have no time to post -- sorry everyone -- playing hostess here.

I was just nearly going to dodge saying hello to Carl but Ambercat had told me I must say hello to him from her (she's such a bully). As I stood in line and he got ever closer I felt my brain liquidise and I had to get my friend to remind me what my name is. Anyway more about that some other time because right now I have to put dinner on the table and then get dolled up again for another dose of honeyman. Looks like I'll be really late (again).

BTW I haven't slept a wink for 2 nights Shocked

C-fan he didn't come on until about 10 o'clock which is just after I got there. We missed the support act totally. But it wasn't a packed audience so I got a seat up the front. I think he finished about 11.

He sang like a dream. *sigh*
Angeo
Angeo

Female
Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sat 04 Oct 2008, 8:45 pm

Lucky you Carlfanatic! What time are you going tomorrow?

I managed to ask Carl if he would definitely be at Telethon on Sunday and he said yes. trumpet
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercatsmum Sat 04 Oct 2008, 9:06 pm

There'll be plenty of time for sleeping after Carl has gone Angeo! wink3 Maybe after you've caught up on a little sleep you can write a bit more about your Fly By Night experience and I hope you all have a terrific time tonight!
ambercatsmum
ambercatsmum

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-27

Back to top Go down

perth gigs - Page 4 Empty CHARLES HOTEL REVIEW

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 05 Oct 2008, 1:55 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG banana dance banana dance banana dance I just saw and met Carl!!!!!! I'm soooo excited and it's really late so I'll post a little review

So i arrived around 7.30, waited till 8.00 till we got in. Saw carl walk by and go into the warm up room. Then was his support act- it went on for ages!!! I luckily was very close to the front!!! He only went on at around 9.30. He was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!! no doubt about it!!!! and then during one of his songs, he went onto the dance floor and people started to dance with him and stuff. and then he came up to our table and asked my friend to dance and he did, and then guess what........I DANCED WITH CARL RISELEY!!!! It was sooooooo excting. He was sooooooooo gorgeous. and I luckily got a few photos. then there was a break somewhere in there and then he sang the rest of his second set it was soooo good. Lots of funny moments inbetween. then at the end he waited for about 10 minutes and came out to sign stuff. and so I bought another cd for him to sign and he was sooo lovely. and then i got a photo with him. and then I gave this book to his that I made for him and he was like "oh you're gorgeous' dance3 it was soooo exciting. and then we had to leave. BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! and I'm hoping I'll get to meet him again tomorrow at Telethon!!!! I'll try and post pics later but I can't guarantee it!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 3:26 am

Hey c-fan wave

I was hoping that you were the one dancing with Carl! banana dance

That was so cool how he danced with the birthday boy, Michael, too giggle

Anyway, great show! cheer

Smooth Operator thud

Let's Fall In Love thud

And best of all ..... All Of Me! thud thud thud

I've been dying to hear Carl sing All Of Me ever since the idol days cloud9
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 05 Oct 2008, 8:41 am

hooray for fanatic,
i am so so so happy for you, and i'm so glad that you got your dance, photo's etc that is so exciting. i told you that it would be awesome and worth the wait didn't i. have a great night tomorrow at the telethon.
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 05 Oct 2008, 9:35 am

YAY!!!! Oh fanatic!!!! You got a dance!!!!! dance3 snoopy Oh thats so awesome darl!!!!! hug I have to go out right now but will be back later this afternoon to see if you've posted some pics!!! And Alty you enjoyed yourself too by the sounds of things!!! And still waiting on hearing from Angeo... please someone post pics!!!!! wink3 After all that waiting and wishing and you've finally met him fanatic...and he loved your book.... oh I'm just soooo happy for you right now!!!! hug Chat later!!!!! banana dance jump3
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun 05 Oct 2008, 11:03 am

I'm so happy for you fanatic! You have waited ages for this and it has finally happened for you! He's very sweet with the fans isn't he?!!
I'm glad you had a great time, got lots of photos and gave him your book. Did you take any pictures of the book to post here before you gave it to him? Looking forward to seeing photos of the gig. Woo hoo!!
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 05 Oct 2008, 11:51 am

OMG, yeah It was the best night of my life. I'm just soooooo sad that it's over now. I want to see him again!!!!! I'm hoping I'll see him today though *fingers crossed*. I actually forgot to take a photo of the book but he said he loved it. He's sooooo lovely with all the fans. Now the only thing I'm waiting for is my kiss, hehe. I might not be able to post photos today as I think I'll be at telethon all day, I might be able to if I have time in the afternoon but they'll be posted at the latest tomorrow.

hey altair, where were you guys sitting??
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 3:50 pm

hey c-fan

I was sitting at a table in front of the dance floor - if you remember the guy Michael who was turning 23, then I was at that table on the other side of him. I wasn't sure if you were there last night because I was looking for someone with their mother!

That was funny when Carl stepped down onto the dance floor and started doing his lone shuffle, wasn't it? He's a funny guy and very entertaining!
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:02 pm

Here are some images from last night. My camera is weird. I just never know what it's going to do. It was hit and miss so I just kept clicking and hoping for the best. But I had to get as close as possible to the stage or I couldn't get any decent shots at all. You probably saw me Alty and C-fan . . . sidling up towards the stage . . .
At one point Carl was up dancing and just before jumping back on stage he held a pose for me for ages, but this stupid contraption (it doesn't deserve to be called a camera) didn't take the shot until he gave up! I hate this monstrosity! What I should have done was ditched the camera and fallen into his arms for a dance instead! dance3*sigh*
And I tried to get photos of Carl getting people up to dance and if my camera was half decent I would have had one of you C-fan!

I tried looking through the crowd for you two Altair and Carlfanatic but I didn't have a clue who you might be!

As for my experiences meeting Carl, twice now .... oooh yeah....wow. More about that later. .. My behaviour wasn't the best at times but I'll treasure the little chats I had him. Apart from being a wonderful performer and singer on the stage, he is the most personable and charming all-round nice guy to meet. Now that I've met him I just adore him even more hearts lovestruck lovestruck cloud9 I love you flower

I've done the right thing and shifted the images to the photos section now. So you'll have to go there to see them:

https://carlriseley.forumotion.com/photos-from-the-rise-gigs-f40/charles-hotel-perth-t630.htm#7770

Last edited by Angeo on Fri 17 Oct 2008, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda-renee Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:42 pm

thud fanself i'm loving these photo's angeo, and yes the one with the cheesy grin where he noticed you definately is important, very nice pics indeed hearts
amanda-renee
amanda-renee

Female
Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 05 Oct 2008, 5:52 pm

Oh Angeo I love your pics!!!! worship Especially the profile one and the last one... sigh.... lovestruck cloud9 hearts I know how you feel.... I have grown to hate cameras and camcorders since our Melbourne shows.. Or rather, I hate batteries that go flat!!! frantic Thats such a shame that you didn't get a pic of fanatic dancing with Carl, but maybe the person she was with managed to get a pic! Lets hope so!! And I'm soooo glad that you got to meet him!! yup See, it wasn't so hard was it!!! giggle Thank goodness your mates didn't mind waiting for you!!! And did you meet him Alty? I agree.... I love All of Me as well... I remember he sang that one in Adelaide...maybe he's starting to mix up his setlists a bit... Whatever he sings is fine by me though!!! yup

As for my experiences meeting Carl, twice now .... oooh yeah....wow. More about that later. ..

And yes please... we need more details!!!! wink3 I'm home all night now so hopefully I'll be online when you both come back from Telethon to hear all about it!! dance3
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:20 pm

Yes, I met Carl too. Got my CD signed! perth gigs - Page 4 274336

Angeo, I was looking through the crowd for you and c-fan ... I know who you both are now that you've told your stories. I thought you both might have been c-fan and Ang but I wasn't really sure at the time ... it's a lot harder than I thought to go up to strangers and ask "are you .... ?" . Hope to say hello to you both next time Carl is in town Very Happy
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:27 pm

Oh that's good to hear Alty!! jump3 Isnt he gorgeous up close!! Did you tell him you were on the forum here?
ambercat
ambercat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:33 pm

Oh wow guys. So altair- were you with the guy who's birthday it was?? or were you on the table to the right or left?? I'll try and post my pics later but it's taking a while to upload. It might be tomorrow morning. I hope he comes back to Perth soon after tonight!! It's been sooooo exciting!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:37 pm

Yes, I stammered out something about being on the 'little blue forum' giggle

Actually, my heart was beating so fast when I was in the line that I was going to bail, but my husband convinced me to stay the distance giggle

This is only the second time in my life that I've asked for anything to be signed by anyone ... I'm a scaredy cat What a Face
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:40 pm

carlfanatic07 wrote:Oh wow guys. So altair- were you with the guy who's birthday it was?? or were you on the table to the right or left?? I'll try and post my pics later but it's taking a while to upload. It might be tomorrow morning. I hope he comes back to Perth soon after tonight!! It's been sooooo exciting!!

I was at the same table as the birthday guy ... sitting on the opposite side with my husband. I've got longish brunette hair and my husband has short blonde hair - we were actually sitting near you in the bar area before the show but I had no idea that was you at the time - it was only after you danced with Carl that I thought you might be c-fan because you looked so happy! Very Happy
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:47 pm

Oh ok. I don't think I saw you then. hehe, I was soooo happy. So were you sitting on that couch beforehand or at the table at the bar??
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Altair Sun 05 Oct 2008, 7:59 pm

We were sitting at a table near the couch and then moved to the bar stools about 15 mins before they opened the doors.

Oh, and I liked Carl's original song too cheer
Altair
Altair

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Sun 05 Oct 2008, 8:04 pm

Oh ok. I think I remember now. Yeah, I loved Carl's originals!!!
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Angeo Wed 08 Oct 2008, 3:20 am

You know I thought my unexplainable sleeplessness was down to having had peppermint tea twice on Friday, a cuppa at work and then at a cafe after Carl's gig (I had a whole pot!). And I've found out peppermint tea is a stimulant. But it didn't explain why I still couldn't get more than 3 hours kip on Saturday and Sunday nights scratch obviously only one explanation here. I mean, what else was different in my life? Of course, it was a weekend marathon of Honeyman!

Last night I finally had time to write my blog but couldn't keep awake and had to take myself off to bed where I've had the best sleep. Still feeling a little tired but it's time I put all you people out of your misery and give a blow by blow account of Carl at Fly by Night.

I wasn’t very organized I'm afraid. Left work later than I wanted, no petrol, kids and Mister Mom had to be fed, guest beds to make, and my friend an hour late. So I didn’t even start getting ready until about 7.45! I told myself not to panic if we were late because even though doors opened at 8pm we didn’t expect Carl until much later. We were on the road at 8.30 and after filling the tank it was a 20 minute run to Fremantle and parking was a breeze and free! My friend reminded me we hadn’t eaten anything ourselves – like I cared! My stomach was in knots! So we hit the café strip and decided the fastest food apart from Hungry Jacks would be a Souvlaki. I quizzed the impatient little Greek man at the counter how much garlic was in the meat and was told smugly everything had garlic. Oh great - if I get to meet Carl he’ll be recoiling in disgust at garlic stinks oozing out my pores. So I settled on chicken which I was assured didn’t have as much. I noticed how the little Greek man, so irate with me, changed into a charmer when my beautiful friend came up to order coffees, *grrrrr*. As I nibbled the souvlaki trying unsuccessfully to eat without losing all my lipstick I saw the time was already after 9pm! I let most of the garlicky bits of chicken fall uneaten on the plate much to my friend’s disgust but I didn’t want her to know that having garlic-free breath was of utmost importance. All that was left standing between me and my Honeyman now was a coffee which I guzzled down and got froth all over my lips. A group of guys came in and one of them sat down with us all debonair saying ‘I’ll sit with these beautiful ladies here’ but when he looked at me with my cappa moustache he quickly got up saying ‘maybe not’. That got me thinking that I look better from a distance so I was wondering how to meet Carl without any proximity, maybe I could shout at him through a megaphone and get a courier to bring him stuff to sign.

Anyway the next stop was a pub toilet to refresh the makeup and finally we were back on the trail to Fly by Night. Some guys who were walking just ahead of us stopped outside the club and asked us what was on, commenting how dead it looked. That got me worried. We went in and I muttered I was on the guest list, got our wrists stamped and the door was opened to a large hushed warehouse room with a red-lit stage at one end, a bar at the other and rows of red seats in three block sections. Two blocks of seats were pretty full but one was almost empty. We headed straight for the bar for some fortifying alcohol and Ashley appeared on stage with the rest of the band doing some swinging number. We quickly took our drinks to seats in the empty side and sat just one row from the front even though the front row was free.

Then Carl jumped on stage and I couldn’t help smiling hugely. He looked thin but still so handsome and sexy. He swung into Got to Get You Into My Life and sounded gorgeous. I had a peek at the audience and they were all smiling and happy and totally entranced. There were heaps of older people, a nice complement of men to a larger proportion of women and a fair few young girls in groups and even some eccentric Fremantle types. But it was a very subdued formal setting, the stage was high, so jumping down for a dance was a no-goer for Carl, although he did invite people to have a dance but no-one actually got up. The audience was appreciative with people yelling and whooping and whistling. I absolutely looooooveeeed the Chuck Mangione number, Feels So Good. And of course I was delighted to hear my favourite, Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is and This Guy’s in Love. And the song about something he’d ‘really like to be’ a Smooth Operator. My friend who really hadn’t seen or heard much of Carl who came along just to ‘indulge’ me was smiling and her feet were tapping. I was allowed a gleeful smirk but when I started tapping her feet with mine I stopped immediately with her disapproving frown.

During the break we refreshed ourselves and replenished drinks and then sat right in the front. My friend remarked that he’d probably notice us creeping ever closer. So in the second set I took photos. Don’t Get Around Much Anymore featured a bit of Carl and Ashley joking around. When asking the audience for any requests he pretended to hear ‘Oh When the Saints’ so they proceeded to play it. For the birthday song there was someone in the audience called Georgia and he sang the Ray Charles song so beautifully, adjusting the lyrics to make it a birthday song, and Ashley picked up Carl’s cues ad libbing with the trombone. He is a very talented musician, his trombone playing is superb, and he even sang a little bit of Don’t Get Around Much Anymore, nice jazz voice. My Funny Valentine was absolutely heart melting and I really loved my first taste of Nobody to Find, I feel with that song he’s recovering some of the old Carl voice that we heard in his rendition of Home. I’d love to get the lyrics as I’ve been humming it since hearing it twice. I should have tried recording on my phone. It ended all too soon, and we roused him back for an encore which was Highway to Hell. Considering the Fly by Night is in Fremantle where Bon Scott is buried, I’m sure old Bon must have turned in his grave with that jazzy version.

But all you peeps who have seen him perform already know all this music stuff. It’s my actual meeting with the Honeyman himself that you all want to know about right?

When we came out of the ladies after our third restorative makeup operation for the night, we headed for the bar for some water. Then we propped ourselves there and surveyed the queue for Carl which was substantial. The club was emptying and my friend eventually guided me to the end of the queue and briskly went off to buy me a CD as I hadn’t brought anything for signing. It didn’t look like there were any postcards or posters. She came back and prised my numb cold hands open to take the CD. The doorman very kindly came over to us and gave us some spare tickets to have signed. As the queue dissipated I could glimpse Carl’s handsome face through the throng and if he ever happened to glance up in our direction my knees turned to jelly. thud My friend dryly took my camera saying ‘I suppose you want me to take your photo with him’. Eventually there were just two people in front of me and my heart was just about bursting out of my ribs and my friend had to stop me from darting to the door. Then I overheard Carl asking these people a simple question about a WA town but they weren’t giving him a satisfactory answer, and he kind of caught my eye when he had to ask them again so I piped up and answered for them wink3 Then I was all helpfulness offering to take their photo with Carl. Cool Then Carl and I were mutually admiring the nifty camera the lady had. So being included in the conversation with them calmed my nerves before it was actually ‘my turn’.

Who am I kidding I was a quivering wreck again as soon as I looked up into his dreamy eyes. lovestruck Carl smiled a friendly quiet ‘Hello’ and I babbled out that I was asked to say hello to him from someone. ‘Kathy said to say hello’. And he tried processing this information ‘is that a relative or someone?’ ‘No I mean Kathy, Ambercat, from the forum, and I’m Angeo’, ‘Oh!’ it dawned on him so he put his arm around my shoulders all chummy like saying ‘well you’re family then’. I was glad I wore my highest heeled boots so I came up to a decent shoulder height next to his 6 feet 1 and a half inches (is that right?) without my heels I’d only be armpit height! I got my CD cover signed to me and for my daughters too. I told him he sang Georgia beautifully ‘Even better than the original’ (I really meant it) and he said ‘Really? It was totally off the cuff’ and seemed quite pleased. So he signed the tickets as well and it was time for a photo together. I felt his arm across my back again *sigh*. And I made sure I tilted my head a bit closer into his shoulder. giggle

I checked that he was definitely doing the Telethon on Sunday and said I was going to it. So as we said goodbye he said ‘see you Sunday’ and I said I’d see him before that at the Charles also and he made some appropriate surprised and delighted comment. And that was that! No kiss or full frontal hug but me still floating out 3 feet in the air and excited about seeing his next two performances in Perth. I’ve only got one photo with him though so here it is. Apparently three layers of makeup still aren’t enough to cover hideousness. But ooohh isn't he just beautiful? hearts

perth gigs - Page 4 Rimg0020
Angeo
Angeo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sensor Wed 08 Oct 2008, 7:18 am

Oh angeo what a wonderful review.
And I love the photo. It's a beauty of both of you. I can see your face is slightly angled into him. It's gorgeous!! He's holding you quite tightly there too!! hug
(You actually remind me a little of Princess Mary of Denmark/Australia).
I'm so glad you were able to help Carl with WA geography and the intricacies of cameras!! So much more important than having photos with him and getting him to sign your CD of course - NOT!!!!! giggle

Glad you had a wonderful night, even it took some doing to get there! hearts

My Funny Valentine....mmmmmmm
sensor
sensor

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed 08 Oct 2008, 7:22 am

Wow! That's some review Angeo!! By the sounds of it, you had a really great time! Thanks for sharing it with us. You and Carl look gorgeous in the photo. Thank god for heels hey? lmao I'm quite a tall person, but Carl still seemed to tower over me!
...So, it's official. The Fan Forum is now his family lovestruck lovestruck
Kris
Kris

Female
Number of posts : 528

http://www.myspace.com/kristenh222

Back to top Go down

Post by carlfanatic07 Wed 08 Oct 2008, 11:46 am

Great Review Angeo!!! hey, for his concert at the Charles Hotel- were you by an chance wearing a white top, with jeans and brown boots???
carlfanatic07
carlfanatic07

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next